Police Bashing Forum

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Default Police Bashing Forum

Dear Mr. Talk Host, I think the time has come to add a new forum category titled either "Police Bashers Association (PBA), or perhaps Dunkin Donut Talk (DDT). That way, everyone on TOTV who has been mistreated, wrongfully wronged, denied their rights as a citizen of the Villages --you know, where the law really shouldn't apply-- or any other form of police harassment can air their grievances.

That way, all of the topics involving unjustified check points, speed traps, improperly posted speed limits etc, can be neatly filed in one place.

If you are interested in starting up this new category, meet me at DD tomorrow for coffee and we can further discuss this as I'm always willing to assist.

Chief X
Old 06-06-2011, 06:37 PM

You have to forgive the winers of TV. Seems there are becoming more and more of them. As the rest of the world is, the laws apply to the other guy but not me.

To bad all have to waste the days they have left fighting and complaining rather than enjoying what the good Lord has given them.

aj
Old 06-06-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X View Post
Dear Mr. Talk Host, I think the time has come to add a new forum category titled either "Police Bashers Association (PBA), or perhaps Dunkin Donut Talk (DDT). That way, everyone on TOTV who has been mistreated, wrongfully wronged, denied their rights as a citizen of the Villages --you know, where the law really shouldn't apply-- or any other form of police harassment can air their grievances.

That way, all of the topics involving unjustified check points, speed traps, improperly posted speed limits etc, can be neatly filed in one place.

If you are interested in starting up this new category, meet me at DD tomorrow for coffee and we can further discuss this as I'm always willing to assist.

Chief X
There is a other option, stay with the law. Is this so hard to do?
Old 06-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Sage

Quote:

Chief X

The new forum idea is great. Perhaps we can call it Police In The Streets, PITS. Or Problem Orientated and Organized Policing Investigators, better known as POOPI.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Default Great idea!

Chief X, that is a great idea. Far too many folks whine about all those police out there abusing the general population with all those grey areas in the rules. Until they need one! Time to man up when you break a law n get pulled over. No whining........except in the new category. And Chief, I take it you were a Police Chief, Thank you for your service, sir!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Gold member
Default Whiners

SO glad to hear Chief "X" comments. My husband is a retired Law Officer and if all those complainers would stop and think, when THEY need(ed) an officer to uphold the law on their behalf, perhaps the shoe would be on the other foot. Not to mention when an officer has the sad duty to inform families of the loss of their loved ones, or to remain professional at the scene of a deadly accident, then come home to pick up their own lives as if nothing was out of the ordinary. I could go on, chapter and verse, but suffice it to say, we are all blessed to live in TV, and we should be grateful for all we have. Not spend our time wingding and whining over the issuance of tickets - probably correctly issued in the first place. Whew, Glad I vented.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post
SO glad to hear Chief "X" comments. My husband is a retired Law Officer and if all those complainers would stop and think, when THEY need(ed) an officer to uphold the law on their behalf, perhaps the shoe would be on the other foot. Not to mention when an officer has the sad duty to inform families of the loss of their loved ones, or to remain professional at the scene of a deadly accident, then come home to pick up their own lives as if nothing was out of the ordinary. I could go on, chapter and verse, but suffice it to say, we are all blessed to live in TV, and we should be grateful for all we have. Not spend our time wingding and whining over the issuance of tickets - probably correctly issued in the first place. Whew, Glad I vented.
Amen...and well thought out and said!!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is tired of hearing people whining.

aj
Old 06-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Gold member

Why not a forum for Retired or Active people of Police Officer Status --- Then they can whine about the people who whine about them.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:

Chief X
Thank you for posting. A good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
The new forum idea is great. Perhaps we can call it Police In The Streets, PITS. Or Problem Orientated and Organized Policing Investigators, better known as POOPI.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Gold member

Great idea. When in trouble call a hippie.

We are moving to TV because we are retired. I am never in a hurry anymore. Don't speed and you won't get a ticket.

Cheif X, would like to meet you when we get there, will leave a message here on the board. I remember what my FTO told me when I started in civilian Law Enforcement after 16 years of military law enforcement. If you can't obey the law you can't enforce the law.

My biggest complain about the current crop of LEOs is that they don't obey the law, but they are quick to enforce the law. If you, a LEO, do a California roll through a stop sign, don't give tickets to those that do. If you speed through a School Zone, don't give tickets to those that do, etc. I think that you get my point.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:

Chief X
If a PBA forum were started, how long would it take before someone asked, "if I'm sitting in my golf cart at a town square and munching on a box of Duncan Donuts, could I be given a ticket for impersonating an officer? I know what my answer would be, but I'll give others a chance to indicate theirs if they wish to!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica View Post
Great idea. When in trouble call a hippie...
Interesting comment for this thread. I presume you are an active or retired law enforcement officer...

Just saying
Old 06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
If a PBA forum were started, how long would it take before someone asked, "if I'm sitting in my golf cart at a town square and munching on a box of Duncan Donuts, could I be given a ticket for impersonating an officer? I know what my answer would be, but I'll give others a chance to indicate theirs if they wish to!
whats the PBA union have to do with anything?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Sage

I love it when people whine about people who whine. Seriously, it tickles my funny bone.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.