AR 15 vs Lawnmowers

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2018, 10:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
...Why don't you make a "non inane" argument for why death by lawnmower is less important than death by AR 15...
Your words. Not mine.

Nevertheless...

Quote:
...human intent to kill...
You answered your own question.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 02-28-2018 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:04 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,611 Times in 1,760 Posts

Think I'd rather be shot than mowed!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-01-2018, 07:04 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
About three years ago my lawnmower started acting sketchy and came after me. It's now double locked in a storage facility, spark plug removed, and people mow our lawn. Their mower is much larger and powerful. When they're here I do a head count, keep the windows closed, doors locked and stay inside.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

OSHA seeing an ‘alarming’ number of lawnmower deaths | KXAN.com

Some of these deaths by lawnmowers are by drowning when their lawnmower flips over by water and they are pinned in water by the lawnmower.

I used to mow a lot of lawns including that of a guy who became a USAF General but fortunately we just hire other people to do ours.

I too though get away from lawnmowers whenever they are around.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Dead is Dead, whatever the cause. Why don't you make a "non inane" argument for why death by lawnmower is less important than death by AR 15 even though lawnmower deaths are greater. We all realize murder is bad, but outlawing guns will not stop murders. Getting chewed up falling off a lawnmower is also bad even though there is no intent on the part of the machine.. What you find evil is human intent to kill. This is against the law already. Trying to outlaw the instruments humans use to kill is useless.
You might want to check statistics of mass murder in Japan, none..
One gun per 100 peeps in Japan, 110 guns per 100 peeps in US...Hmmmm!
Old 03-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
In the early hours of Tuesday, a man entered a care center for mentally disabled people in Japan’s Kanagawa prefecture, about 30 miles west of Tokyo, and embarked on a stabbing rampage. According to initial reports, the 26-year-old man, named as Satoshi Uematsu, was a former employee at the facility, and may have been upset about being fired. He later turned himself in at the nearby Tsukui police station, having killed 19 people and wounding 25 more.

more here

Japan: Recent Mass Killings | Time
Old 03-03-2018, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

I am way more afraid of getting killed by someone texting while driving than anything else. It's why I sold my motorcycle, way to many close calls.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
In the early hours of Tuesday, a man entered a care center for mentally disabled people in Japan’s Kanagawa prefecture, about 30 miles west of Tokyo, and embarked on a stabbing rampage. According to initial reports, the 26-year-old man, named as Satoshi Uematsu, was a former employee at the facility, and may have been upset about being fired. He later turned himself in at the nearby Tsukui police station, having killed 19 people and wounding 25 more.

more here

Japan: Recent Mass Killings | Time
No guns...gas and knives AND VERY infrequent !
Old 03-03-2018, 09:50 AM
Sage

No one wants to take guns away from responsible gun owners, problem, how to find those that are NOT!
Old 03-03-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
No one wants to take guns away from responsible gun owners
Must disagree there. Politicians have always preferred un-armed peasants.
Compare gun deaths to auto and plane deaths and you tell me what's more dangerous.
1. How many guns were involved in 9-11. No guns used and it shut our entire country down in the blink of an eye.
2. How many in the OKC bombing? Fertizilzer, diesel fuel and a rental truck. No guns used for mass casualties.
Many here have issues with "assault rifles" like the one I own. You say they carry too many rounds and I shouldn't be able to own one. They serve no purpose... etc, etc. Let me ask all the anti gunners out there that have sports cars such as the Corvette (I'll call that a sports car for arguments sake only).
Why do you own a car that's capable of 3 times the national speed limit? Shouldn't you be crushing them all and buying a Smart car?
The US does not have a gun problem, we have mental problems. The same govt you want (and feel comfy with) controlling guns is the same govt that failed over 40 TIMES stopping that nut case is South Florida.
If that isn't a case to own a gun I don't know what is. Remember. When seconds count, the "first responders" will be there in minutes. Hope you all feel safe.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:34 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Japan could not be more far removed from the US in population, culture and justice system. The European countries have had military guards with scary looking weapons at all vulnerable locations, like airports and tourist attractions, for decades.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:21 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
No guns...gas and knives AND VERY infrequent !
I was responding to your post that said "none"
Closed Thread

Tags
times, involving, deaths, fall, killed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.