ASPCA Commercials

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Time and time again viewers get bombarded with the ASPCA commercials with animals freezing and sad music playing while begging for money to warm the sad animal pictures on the television ad. I am an animal lover, but the ads go beyond absurdity. The deception is major.

What is the salary of the CEO of ASPCA? By Zippia Expert - Dec. 17, 2022 The salary of the CEO of ASPCA is $852,231 per year. They are also entitled to $276,00 in bonuses and benefits in the amount of $47,859.

What bothers me most is older folks get their heart strings pulled on to donate to a CEO that makes more than they might make in their entire lifetimes. Be aware if you donate to charities, check out the administration fees and expenses.

Know which CEOs are giving BMWs to their children with bows on them for Christmas and which one’s actually work for their charities prosperity.
Thanks for your post. CBS did a report on the ASPCA a couple of years ago. The organization spends a large percentage of donor's contributions on the TV commercials, along with bloated salaries for the CEO and other top officials. Local rescue organizations get little to no support from the national organization. The ASPCA is as bad/corrupt as the American Kennel Club, who is controlled by Puppy Mills. I give donations to local rescue facilities/non-profits.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Time and time again viewers get bombarded with the ASPCA commercials with animals freezing and sad music playing while begging for money to warm the sad animal pictures on the television ad. I am an animal lover, but the ads go beyond absurdity. The deception is major.

What is the salary of the CEO of ASPCA? By Zippia Expert - Dec. 17, 2022 The salary of the CEO of ASPCA is $852,231 per year. They are also entitled to $276,00 in bonuses and benefits in the amount of $47,859.

What bothers me most is older folks get their heart strings pulled on to donate to a CEO that makes more than they might make in their entire lifetimes. Be aware if you donate to charities, check out the administration fees and expenses.

Know which CEOs are giving BMWs to their children with bows on them for Christmas and which one’s actually work for their charities prosperity.
Excellent post. Thank you.
The ASPCA sometimes is soliciting in The Villages, outside of Walmart & other places. Shameful.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

Silly added thought, but why are they still using X-Mas song?!!
Old 01-21-2023, 09:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Silly added thought, but why are they still using X-Mas song?!!
Why did they ever use a Christmas song? Idiotic, IMHO.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:54 AM
Gold member

Now they have Edie Falco asking us for money, with her nearly crying voice "If there ever was a time, it's now" line. I liked her better as a drug addled nurse on HBO.
Old 01-21-2023, 10:29 AM

When the ads come on, I mute them and turn my attention elsewhere until they are over. I agree that more goes into salaries, expenses, advertising, etc. than for the animals' well-being.
Old 01-21-2023, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
I have trouble with even the ones that charity navigator rates as "good". Take the "International Fellowship of Christians and Jews" ... Yael Eckstein makes almost $600,000 / year as CEO. She only wants $25 for a box of food for starving Jews in Russia ... now Ukraine. How many people are not eating due to the excess salary she draws from this charity. She can't survive on $200,000? The difference ($400,000) represents 16,000 people who gave $25 for a box of food ... all of which went into her pocket. No thank you.

My wife and I make it a point to help locally and personally. 100% of what we do or donate goes to the needy party. There is no middleman. That's how I sleep.
The organization raises around $130 million per year. Her salary not only helps her and her husband support themselves and their four children in Illinois, but it also provides her with the means to travel around the world during crises to determine who needs what and where, and be that "hands on" CEO. That $25 for a box of food includes the cost of the food, the cost of the box, the cost of the delivery, the cost of the marketing to make sure that there are people donating another box next month...and yes, the cost of her salary. Which is pretty modest for the CEO of a major charity.
Old 01-21-2023, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree. The president of the Wounded Warriors Project is a retired military officer, but he makes more money from the charity than any military officer has ever made in history. The president of the Tunnel to Towers charity receives no compensation at all. Both charities have a mission to assist disabled veterans.
The president of Tunnel to Towers, Frank Siller, was in real estate, property management, and an entrepreneur, and made a fortune before turning his attention to the charity he founded. He doesn't need a salary from Tunnel to Towers, and so he doesn't take one.

There's also a man who founded a non-prof that I worked for, and he took no salary at all because he was independently wealthy and didn't need money. This was a passion of his, and he was retired from his career.

Some charities need their CEOs and Presidents to be full-time, and this is their career. The CEO of the American Cancer Society gets $700,000 and change in salary, and more compensation in a package that brings his income up to well over a million bucks a year. I don't see a problem with that. It's a drop in the bucket compared to how much they bring in.
Old 01-21-2023, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The president of Tunnel to Towers, Frank Siller, was in real estate, property management, and an entrepreneur, and made a fortune before turning his attention to the charity he founded. He doesn't need a salary from Tunnel to Towers, and so he doesn't take one.

There's also a man who founded a non-prof that I worked for, and he took no salary at all because he was independently wealthy and didn't need money. This was a passion of his, and he was retired from his career.

Some charities need their CEOs and Presidents to be full-time, and this is their career. The CEO of the American Cancer Society gets $700,000 and change in salary, and more compensation in a package that brings his income up to well over a million bucks a year. I don't see a problem with that. It's a drop in the bucket compared to how much they bring in.
According to Google, Frank Siller has a net worth of only one million dollars. He works fulltime on the Tunnel to Towers charity. Also, none of the people who manage the charity receive any compensation.
Old 01-21-2023, 12:19 PM
Default The ASPCA & the HUMANE MOVEMENT

I worked at an animal shelter x 20 years. FYI Humane societies depend on the continual walk ins, drop offs, volunteers and bleeding heart stories to perpetuate $$$$. In the 70s there was a movement for the Big $$ Ones like MSPCA, ASAPCA, HSUS, etc to mandate breeding only with a license. Fees for the licenses would pay for the kill. Cities and counties pay for the slaughter at tax payers expense while the breeders keep the supply going. The "Inhumane Societies" were against it cause they depend on the walk through and surrenders to make $$$$. There is no such thing as a major no kill. The "No Kills" follow the original San Fran guidelines which has multiple kill reasons. In other words, Humane Societies, Animal Control, Animal Services etc are basically slaughterhouses. The increase slaughter began after WW II when the AKC (American Killing Club) began pushing registrations. The AKC is a $$$ making organization. The more registered, the more $$$ is makes. They do not police AKC members unless its a news story.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

This is why we NEVER donate to Goodwill Industries, even though as a result of their presence they are one of the first organizations to be thought of for donations.

If you want to serve animals in need, volunteer at your local shelter. If you cannot volunteer, then donate to your LOCAL shelter. Sometimes it's too easy to write a check and then feel good about doimg so. Just know WHERE your donation is going....

Excellent post, thank you!
Old 01-22-2023, 08:08 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:

If you want a great animal rescue to donate to look into Turtle Mountain Animal Rescue. They rescue over 1000 animal a year. Look them up…..great group of people. They have a great FB page.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:13 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The organization raises around $130 million per year. Her salary not only helps her and her husband support themselves and their four children in Illinois, but it also provides her with the means to travel around the world during crises to determine who needs what and where, and be that "hands on" CEO. That $25 for a box of food includes the cost of the food, the cost of the box, the cost of the delivery, the cost of the marketing to make sure that there are people donating another box next month...and yes, the cost of her salary. Which is pretty modest for the CEO of a major charity.
You really thinks she uses her own money to travel for organization
Old 01-22-2023, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OR you can do what we did, and we now have 2 wonderful kittens from a shelter, and they now have 2 dedicated servants (cat owners will completely understand).
Good for you Sage.
Old 01-22-2023, 08:58 AM
Default My Favorite Animal Charities

So many "Charities" skim off the top. I received a call from the a "Sheriffs Association." This was not the Florida Sheriffs Association we all give to and proudly put the annual sticker on our car. I looked this new one on line and they only distribute 12.5% for charitable causes. The rest is for "operating costs, Incredible!

I have two special dog charities I have been supporting for years. First is The Seeing Eye in New Jersey. They train dogs for people with disabilities and routinely have an annual auction. I also give to Wings of Rescue. As you might expect, this organization flies disserted pets from disaster areas after hurricanes, tornadoes etc. I often get a phone call of "Thank You" from both.
Closed Thread

Tags
aspca, ceo, donate, animal, commercials

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.