ATT or Verizon

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2019, 09:09 AM
Veteran member
Default ATT or Verizon

We have two older iphones with ATT and want to upgrade our devices. ATT has a promo, but intails getting a third line which we don’t want. We are considering going to Verizon. We get two new iphones and the rates are less than ATT. Any positive experiences with Verizon? Thanks for any advice.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

verizon has better coverage in TV.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Veteran member

if you had ATT try Cricket they use ATT towers and prices are much cheaper.. I've had the service for about 5 yrs and never had a problem with coverage been out west to arizona and up the east coast.. we have 2 phones unlimited talk and internet for $70 a month that includes tax with auto-pay... they also have deals for new customers needing phones
Old 04-09-2019, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Take a look at Spectrum Mobile

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-09-2019, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
We have two older iphones with ATT and want to upgrade our devices. ATT has a promo, but intails getting a third line which we don’t want. We are considering going to Verizon. We get two new iphones and the rates are less than ATT. Any positive experiences with Verizon? Thanks for any advice.
Verizon has been perfect after we told them we were going to quit because of dropped calls inside our house. The Representative said it would be Blah Blah Blah, I don't remember how much but it was a lot of money to walk away and I said just cancel me anyway and I'll pay the fee. Next thing you know we have a Booster that hooks up to the internet and the phones are perfect and we have never dropped a call since.

Our neighbors have Cricket and they pay less and are happy.

Good Luck.

P.S. there is a way around that third line. Your salesperson should know how to do it. You may have to pay a couple of bucks but it makes sense if one of those iPhones is free.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:00 PM
Veteran member

I would never be without Verizon. I’ve had ATT, I’ve had T-mobile. ATT used to drop calls every time I went around a particular corner when I was still working. The only reason I originally left VZW for ATT was because at the time ATT was the only one who was offering the iPhone. As soon as VZW was able to sell the iPhone I went back. We are frequent travelers on the east coast, I have never dropped a call while traveling.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:08 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh
Default Verizon wireless

Have had verizon from the day one and have never had an issue
Old 04-10-2019, 10:20 AM

I’ve been satisfied with Verizon and haven’t had problems with service. You can also go to the Verizon website to find offers without the sales pressure in store.
I retired from AT&T and have their U-verse and internet service at a discount. I do not have AT&T cell phone service despite a potential retiree discount. I’ve had the need to contact their call centers because of service problems and I would rate them a strong D-. The last contact was with someone who admitted she was in an Eastern European country and I got a big dose of attitude and strong display of lacking technical knowledge to resolve the service problem. Usually I’ve gotten people in India or the Philippines who only know what’s on the flip chart, but they are courteous.
Closed Thread

Tags
att, verizon, iphones, rates, experiences

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.