Auto Body Repair Recommendations

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Auto Body Repair Recommendations

I just came out of a couple of stores and found a pretty good dent in the right rear corner of my car. I have no idea where this happened but I'm going to have to get it fixed. I'm sure it's going to be more than my deductible so I'm looking for a place that does small body repairs.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Sage

The CAR GUYS on 441 in Lady Lake. Very reasonable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Most of the bumpers today are basically plastic, this means if you can get your hand behind the bumper, and you apply some heat using a hair dryer, you my be able to pop out the dent. Then a trip to the automotive supply store will get you a can of spray touch up paint. You can then buff to match. If you want to try this approach, let me know via a PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Most of the bumpers today are basically plastic, this means if you can get your hand behind the bumper, and you apply some heat using a hair dryer, you my be able to pop out the dent. Then a trip to the automotive supply store will get you a can of spray touch up paint. You can then buff to match. If you want to try this approach, let me know via a PM.
It was hit above the bumper. The sheet metal is dented. It's a very strange looking dent. Almost as if it has been pinched between two things.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Sage

Wasn't there a reply here a few days ago about some guy in the
Villages that comes to your house?

Old 06-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Platinum member
Talking The Car Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
The CAR GUYS on 441 in Lady Lake. Very reasonable.

When a lunatic woman backed into my right front fender, my USAA Insurance company recommended The Car Guys.

They did a fine job, and in my case USAA was able to go after the woman's insurance, so they waived my deductible. (There were more than six witnesses who were trying to stop the woman as she was backing up.)
Old 06-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Car Guys did my car at the Lady Lake location May of last year. You could not tell that they painted, fixed, whatever else, it looked new except minus the dealer's name decal was gone. Somebody ran into the back of me while I was waiting to exit the Marathon Station on 466A, he said his foot slipped off the brake. The guy had MS, so maybe he really shouldn't be driving. Anyway, his insurance Travelers paid for everything ($2400) plus a car from Enterprise for the week.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Sage
Default Auto Body Repair Recommendations

Car Guys on 441 it is then.

I have a confession to make. I did not back out of the garage quite enough. The door came down on the slanted plastic grill & shattered it. This was our 2nd visit to the Car guys, 1st on my dime. They did a fabulous job. It was an expensive error on my part - a 2004 MB SL500.

Last edited by dbussone; 06-09-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
It was hit above the bumper. The sheet metal is dented. It's a very strange looking dent. Almost as if it has been pinched between two things.
AH! Sorry, I misunderstood, please go with the recommendations of the other villagers. I do not have any experience with auto body shops, as I tend to make these repairs on my cars myself.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Wasn't there a reply here a few days ago about some guy in the
Villages that comes to your house?
Sent you a PM a couple of days ago trying to help. Maybe that's what you are thinking of.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Sent another PM. Hope it helps.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:52 AM

I've used Brice Kelly on my black mb and he was fantastic and very fair priced. He has photos of his repair work. Looks perfect. (386)216-5185.
brice@cfldentrepair.com. Might see some photos on his web site. I found him on this board a while back. He comes to you.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Sent you a PM a couple of days ago trying to help. Maybe that's what you are thinking of.
That's it. Thanks.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Car Guys on 441 it is then.

I have a confession to make. I did not back out of the garage quite enough. The door came down on the slanted plastic grill & shattered it. This was our 2nd visit to the Car guys, 1st on my dime. They did a fabulous job. It was an expensive error on my part - a 2004 MB SL500.
My confession: I once left the lift gate of my (new) SUV open. Later I hit the button to close the garage door from inside the house. Ka-bump, ka-bump, ka-bump as the ribs on the inside of the garage door beat a rhythm on the edge of the lift gate...

The guy we used, on 441, Executive Auto, did a beautiful job on my golf-balled sedan. And then he and his nice building just up and disappeared.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
My confession: I once left the lift gate of my (new) SUV open. Later I hit the button to close the garage door from inside the house. Ka-bump, ka-bump, ka-bump as the ribs on the inside of the garage door beat a rhythm on the edge of the lift gate...

The guy we used, on 441, Executive Auto, did a beautiful job on my golf-balled sedan. And then he and his nice building just up and disappeared.

Ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tags
body, fixed, deductible, small, repairs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.