Backup your iPhones

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2013, 10:37 PM
nkrifats
Default Backup your iPhones

Trip to Apple store today to exchange iPhone due to a burnt spot on screen. Apple exchanged phone with no issue. Came home and spend several hours restoring new phone with all data and apps from most recent back up. If you are not doing regular backups of your iPhones. I would strongly suggest you do so. Saved me a lot of grief tonight!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:30 AM

"Several hours".....how come so long....do you back up to the cloud or to your computer?
I would think you could restore in just a few minutes.
Tell me more.

LatDoc
Old 03-10-2013, 06:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

This is good advise! I use iTunes to backup my iPhone and iPad. Should there ever be a problem, I'm back up and running in minutes.

Thanks for the reminder....
Old 03-10-2013, 07:00 AM

If you use the cloud....you don't even have to remember...it will back up automatically if you set it up to do so...either way if you go to the Apple store and may come home with a new one...be sure and back up one way or another...just to make your restoration simple and fast.

LatDoc
Old 03-10-2013, 07:51 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
Trip to Apple store today to exchange iPhone due to a burnt spot on screen. Apple exchanged phone with no issue. Came home and spend several hours restoring new phone with all data and apps from most recent back up. If you are not doing regular backups of your iPhones. I would strongly suggest you do so. Saved me a lot of grief tonight!
Reason for several hours was Operating System had to be brought up to latest from Apple as phone had older IOS on it. Also I had changed my apple id after last back up to computer and there are many places that needs to be changed and basically I was finding them as I went along.

Backup restore was from computer as I do not keep everything on the cloud yet.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Sage
Default No more room

I bought my iPhone 4g about 3 years ago and never knew I had to back it up. About 3 months ago and countless hours on the phone with a tech, it is now backing up. However, about a month ago it said I no longer have enough storage to continue to back up. Do I buy more storage??? I'm confused and I'm no that technically savvy. Any suggestions??
Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I bought my iPhone 4g about 3 years ago and never knew I had to back it up. About 3 months ago and countless hours on the phone with a tech, it is now backing up. However, about a month ago it said I no longer have enough storage to continue to back up. Do I buy more storage??? I'm confused and I'm no that technically savvy. Any suggestions??
Well, if the Tech has you backing up to iCloud, you only get 5GB of storage for free. After that, you have to subscribe to get more storage space.

I would recommend you download iTunes and install on your PC or Mac. It's a free application from Apple.

Plug in your iPhone and it will preform the backup to your computer. Just follow the on screen instructions.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Although this is a great idea, let me tell you of at least one problem. If anyone knows why, please explain. I have itunes on my laptop (not a Mac) running windows 7. I tried to do a back up of my iphone 4S. I had 3 phone numbers in itunes and over 400 on the iphone. When the backup finished, I had 3 phone numbers on the iphone. I lost years worth of numbers. I have since recreated most of them, but not all, and I am very reluctant to try this again.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.