Baden's autopsy concludes Floyd's death was caused by asphyxia

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2020, 03:14 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts
Default Baden's autopsy concludes Floyd's death was caused by asphyxia

By compression on the neck as the video shows.

George Floyd'''s family releases independent autopsy showing death caused by asphyxia from sustained pressure | Fox News

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-01-2020, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

To be fair, I just have one question. How can an autopsy paid for by Floyd's family be called an "independent" review?
Old 06-01-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Because Baden is a Fox News contributor??
Old 06-01-2020, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
To be fair, I just have one question. How can an autopsy paid for by Floyd's family be called an "independent" review?
Because most of the free world understands what the word "independent" means. It doesn't mean "unbiased." It means "not connected to or affiliated with...[insert thing here]."

In the case of the autopsy, it is independent of the preliminary autopsy performed by the coroner's office.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:59 PM
Sage

He has quite a high profile history, JFK, MLK Jr. and more.

PATHOLOGIST IN SIMPSON TRIAL SAYS VICTIMS STRUGGLED LONG AND HARD - Chicago Tribune

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...stein-autopsy/

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-01-2020, 04:09 PM
John41

How quick are some politicians to throw police under the bus when politically expedient. Considering Mr. Floyd’s violent criminal past of armed robbery and drug dealing I am inclined to give police officers the benefit of the doubt unless shown otherwise after an investigation. The restraint technique of kneeling on a suspects is permitted by law if not excessive. More facts will emerge to reach a final and just judgement.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
No surprise.

And to foreshadow a bit, it's my experience that any medical testimony offered at trial just confuses the jury and puts them to sleep anyway.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
No surprise.

And to foreshadow a bit, it's my experience that any medical testimony offered at trial just confuses the jury and puts them to sleep anyway.
What is the difference between Baden's autopsy and the one done by the ME?
Old 06-01-2020, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
How quick are some politicians to throw police under the bus when politically expedient. Considering Mr. Floyd’s violent criminal past of armed robbery and drug dealing I am inclined to give police officers the benefit of the doubt unless shown otherwise after an investigation. The restraint technique of kneeling on a suspects is permitted by law if not excessive. More facts will emerge to reach a final and just judgement.
Twenty YEARS ago he was *arrested and charged* with possession. I see no mention that he was ever convicted of it. He did do 5 years for aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. That happened over 10 years ago, and he only had to serve four years of his sentence.

Zero incidences since then. He has no "violent criminal past." He had a singular violent criminal incident in his life. Which isn't to excuse him, but it does seem to indicate that YOU are more interested in painting him as a lot worse than he was, for some nefarious reason.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:22 PM

Like most paid litigation experts, Baden's report is drafted to fit the narrative of the side who is paying him...no credibility.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Twenty YEARS ago he was *arrested and charged* with possession. I see no mention that he was ever convicted of it. He did do 5 years for aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. That happened over 10 years ago, and he only had to serve four years of his sentence.

Zero incidences since then. He has no "violent criminal past." He had a singular violent criminal incident in his life. Which isn't to excuse him, but it does seem to indicate that YOU are more interested in painting him as a lot worse than he was, for some nefarious reason.
So Floyd was an ex-con. Aggravated robbery is a BIG DEAL FELONY! I did not know that and had actually heard that he was a "gentle giant" and so on. All I can say is WOW! That speaks loud and clear about his actual character!

Old 06-01-2020, 07:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

I honestly don't know but am curious... what exactly is "aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon"?

It sure sounds like a robbery with a deadly weapon?

I have never committed a robbery, much less with a "deadly weapon".

Would you agree George is not a model citizen? Robbery with a deadly weapon? Hmm... not diminishing his death or the circumstances, which I agree is abhorrent, but nationwide destruction over this? George doesn't sound like Mother Theresa.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, bourbon in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!" -- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 06-01-2020, 07:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:

Could you please rectify the two statements in bold? Or is it just the usual TOTV oxymoron?
Old 06-01-2020, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Interesting that every time a black is "murdered by the police" he is a felon with criminal history.

How come they cannot find a model citizen with clean record to protest about?
Old 06-01-2020, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

And once again, the attempts to try and justify the death of an unarmed black man AFTER the fact...starts.
Closed Thread

Tags
badens, shows, video, neck, autopsy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.