Baden's autopsy concludes Floyd's death was caused by asphyxia

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2020, 08:54 AM

How can one done by the state be independent. However it makes no difference as the conclusion is the same. He would be alive now if that officer would not have killed him. So you are saying it’s ok to kill someone for the possibility they passed a 20$ bill which has never Been proven. What record?
Old 06-02-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
So Floyd was an ex-con. Aggravated robbery is a BIG DEAL FELONY! I did not know that and had actually heard that he was a "gentle giant" and so on. All I can say is WOW! That speaks loud and clear about his actual character!
So, according to your reasoning, his having had a "BIG DEAL FELONY" conviction in his past justifies his being killed by the police?
Old 06-02-2020, 09:07 AM

What a bunch of DS’s. If I hire u I am looking for a specific outcome. Call it whatever u want but it sure isn’t independent if u are working specifically for me!!!!!
Old 06-02-2020, 09:13 AM
Default Come on Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
How quick are some politicians to throw police under the bus when politically expedient. Considering Mr. Floyd’s violent criminal past of armed robbery and drug dealing I am inclined to give police officers the benefit of the doubt unless shown otherwise after an investigation. The restraint technique of kneeling on a suspects is permitted by law if not excessive. More facts will emerge to reach a final and just judgement.
That method was not legal or taught where I worked nor am I familiar with any other department teaching it. We were taught you only go to the throat as a last resort to save your own life. I agree, do not judge until all the evidence is in, but come on man! We can all see that this man was incapable at that point to fight. We as law enforcement officer's active and retired have to look at this and realize that this cop was wrong. Whether the suspect was on anything or not, he was no longer a threat and this should have been handled different.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:17 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
So, according to your reasoning, his having had a "BIG DEAL FELONY" conviction in his past justifies his being killed by the police?
Of course not. I am just interested in learning about Floyd's character. The autopsy shows he did have traces of fentanyl and meth in his blood so he was not "clean". Too, in the video showing him being walked from the wall to the vehicle he appeared to me to be unsteady on his feet, walking in the manner those under the influence of such substances do.

The police used excessive force and killed him and need to be tried for their actions in a court of law. Not only Chauvin, but the other three who stood by and let it happen.

Floyd and Chauvin both worked security at the same club for fourteen years, Floyd inside, Chauvin outside. At this point I am considering the possibility Chauvin had a grudge against Floyd, that his killing Floyd (yes he did kill him) may have been personal. Of course it may also have been racial. BUT, the other three cops standing by and letting it happen really concerns me. They failed to intervene and stop Chauvin. That speaks of a poorly run police department at the least.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-02-2020, 09:20 AM

Imagine that Floyd is your white son or grandson with a black officer with his knee on their neck until dead!

That ex police officer is NOT the judge, jury and executioner!The charge should be upgraded to first degree murder.Up his bail and let the grand jury and court system sort it out.

Police are trained to kill people. They are also trained to protect and serve.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:36 AM
Default Best comment is by Tiger

Tiger Woods tweeted the best comment.....
“My heart goes out to George Floyd, his loved ones and all of us who are hurting right now,” Woods wrote. “I have always had the utmost respect for our law enforcement. They train so diligently to understand how, when and where to use force. This shocking tragedy clearly crossed that line. I remember the LA riots and learned that education is the best path forward. We can make our points without burning the very neighborhoods that we live in. I hope that through constructive, honest conversations, we can build a safer, unified society.”
Old 06-02-2020, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
We could have the best ten out of 12 autopsies. I see so many of things and wonder whether I am racist or not. In my constant viewing of LivePD I see many, many, people restrained with the knee on neck and they appear to have no color emphasis, just the fact that people are trying to not sit down, or are trying to hit the police man or woman, or kick him or her and some do break loose and run away. I see many police dogs biting people of all races for not following police orders. I see people of all colors being tazed. I have seen two officers on LivePD that I felt were a little tiny bit toward the "big guy in a uniform don't mess with me" sort of person. I am prejudiced by the big tall man in a uniform who raised me and who worked for the Columbus, Ohio police force for 34 years. I still have his uniform buttons in my jewelry box.

As a nursery school teacher I would invite community helpers to my classroom. Some were really good at talking to children and some were a little Barney Fifish. It takes all kinds for any job. We can't lose track of the fact that watching people who break the law almost always involves some mighty good and experienced liars about just about everything. How many times have I heard of LivePD……….These aren't my pants.

It is hard to not be biased by what happened to you in your many years of life. We are so foolish on here to argue and lose sight of the fact that it is wrong to kill and to steal and to harm and to hate.

No matter who does it.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:51 AM
Veteran member

It appeared to me that the sustained compression to his neck not only blocked his airway, it also compromised blood flow to his brain by compressing his carotid artery. That likely caused brain death. The reason he died is because a bad cop caused his death. My son was a police officer, he would never had stood by and allowed this to happen. If I am correct, there were two autopsies, one by the family and one by the state medical examiner. Regardless of the technical reason he died, this never should have happened.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:57 AM
Veteran member

Just wondering if anyone here knows why he has being arrested? It was all over a possible counterfeit $20 bill. He was obviously subdued and other officers were there. Think about that for a moment.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We could have the best ten out of 12 autopsies. I see so many of things and wonder whether I am racist or not. In my constant viewing of LivePD I see many, many, people restrained with the knee on neck and they appear to have no color emphasis, just the fact that people are trying to not sit down, or are trying to hit the police man or woman, or kick him or her and some do break loose and run away. I see many police dogs biting people of all races for not following police orders. I see people of all colors being tazed. I have seen two officers on LivePD that I felt were a little tiny bit toward the "big guy in a uniform don't mess with me" sort of person. I am prejudiced by the big tall man in a uniform who raised me and who worked for the Columbus, Ohio police force for 34 years. I still have his uniform buttons in my jewelry box.

As a nursery school teacher I would invite community helpers to my classroom. Some were really good at talking to children and some were a little Barney Fifish. It takes all kinds for any job. We can't lose track of the fact that watching people who break the law almost always involves some mighty good and experienced liars about just about everything. How many times have I heard of LivePD……….These aren't my pants.

It is hard to not be biased by what happened to you in your many years of life. We are so foolish on here to argue and lose sight of the fact that it is wrong to kill and to steal and to harm and to hate.

No matter who does it.
The police action has been harshly criticized by police officers and police forces throughout the country and the world, YET so many on here desperately with great vigor and hate look so hard to find an excuse. THAT effort is what is disconcerting to me and it appears to the world.

That attitude, in my opinion, meaning always finding an excuse and reason for bad behavior (its just so and so being so and so..etc) is what is tearing at the fiber of the country.

We are being led to believe here on the forum and throughout that perfection is never saying that a mistake was made.....I am tired of being lectured about my behavior when my behavior is not the problem.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Here is an episode on LivePD. Here an officer is leaning on this man's neck with his forearm. This happened in Pasco County, Florida in December of 2018. Listen and watch to the end.

I think I remember the statistics on death by drug overdose in 2019, as around 70,000 deaths. Sometimes drugs give people resisting arrest superhuman strength. Here it took three officers to get this man to allow them to put handcuffs on. And there was Cocaine.

I guess no matter which side you choose, you can always bring up that those weren't really HIS pants and the cops put the drugs on him.

I admit to being prejudiced toward law enforcement.

Watch this video.

Live PD - Resisting Arrest “I was eating a fu***** Apple fritter” - YouTube
Old 06-02-2020, 10:28 AM

Why does a poster think that The Villages attract so many racists. Right there in that statement shows they are racist themselves to post such a stupid statement. The whole picture here is that people are quick to judge both Mr. Floyd and the police. The policeman did an unthinkable act by killing Mr. Floyd and we all can only second guess why he chose to go down that path. Let the courts and a jury decide his fate and we should all grieve for the family of Mr. Floyd. Mr. Floyd's past should not be a factor in his murder. Wait until all the facts are out in the open and we should stop the speculating of what did and did not happen. What happened the last week with the rioting and looting is doing nothing to protest the murder of George Floyd
Old 06-02-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
The police action has been harshly criticized by police officers and police forces throughout the country and the world, YET so many on here desperately with great vigor and hate look so hard to find an excuse. THAT effort is what is disconcerting to me and it appears to the world.

That attitude, in my opinion, meaning always finding an excuse and reason for bad behavior (its just so and so being so and so..etc) is what is tearing at the fiber of the country.

We are being led to believe here on the forum and throughout that perfection is never saying that a mistake was made.....I am tired of being lectured about my behavior when my behavior is not the problem.

Dead on.

Then there are those that keep wanting to imply (without a scintilla of proof and contrary to all known video) that maybe this obvious killing force by the cop was needed, because Mr. Floyd was on some kind of drug...that gave him superpowers.

Apologists, who make things up out of thin air, are 'almost' as bad...as the other cops that just sat there and watched a black man being murdered.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn, that the murdering cop was known by his co-officers to have been a bully toward African-American's forever and the blue veil of silence/union pressure kept him from being turned in...long before this tragedy.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:47 AM
Default Corrupt

Biden is a corrupt medical examiner who was banned in many states! Nothing he does can be believed at all! The original unbiased medical examiner is the only one who can be believed!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
badens, shows, video, neck, autopsy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.