Baldwin Brothers - Looking for feedback......

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2021, 03:33 PM
Veteran member
Default Baldwin Brothers - Looking for feedback......

Greetings:

I have attended the different sales pitches/lunches offered regarding cremation and what the companies offer. I was wondering, if you could share, what your experience had been when using Baldwin Brothers for handling the passing of a loved one. I am NOT looking for feedback on the sales ability of the different representatives, nor opinions on the different packages, but any input as to how Baldwin Brothers met/did not meet your expectations with handling that difficult time of need.

Thank you in advance!
Old 02-10-2021, 08:51 AM
Sage

Difficult to get feedback once the deed is done !!
Old 02-10-2021, 09:04 AM
Veteran member
Default “Dated”....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Difficult to get feedback once the deed is done !!
True, if one lives alone with no one who cares. Many however, are blessed with loved ones who unfortunately have had the experience of the process.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:57 PM
Sage

I used them in May, 2019 for final arrangements for a loved one. I found them easy to work with, not high pressure, efficient, good communication, reasonably priced, kind, compassionate, etc. I would use them again. I used the storefront in the strip center west of Brownwood. Mine was a fairly straightforward cremation with a later scattering at sea that I arranged on my own.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:20 PM
Platinum member

My mother prearranged with them after a presentation. All was in order and efficient. My brother-in-law passed away last year and I recommended them to our nephews. Again the folks were good to work with.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:34 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Not to take this off topic..but can anyone recommend a nice cemetary for non-veterans?
Old 02-10-2021, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

Thank you for the responses. Good to know that Baldwin delivered as they claim in your times of need. I honestly felt that there would be more positive than negative feedback, if I was fortunate to receive any. Most of the reviews I found online were of representatives working with pre-planning versus those who unfortunately found it necessary to utilize their services for a loved one.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:22 PM
Veteran member

We've dealt with them a few times in the last couple of years.

First, a neighbor and dear friend of ours died and her husband was at a loss. My wife did a bit of research and suggested Baldwin Brothers. My wife went along with him to handle the arrangements and found them courteous, professional, efficient, affordable and lacking in high pressure.

Six months later, the husband died. His sister was the closest relative and again my wife connected her with Baldwin Brothers and everything was handled smoothly.

Next, we moved my mother-in-law out of an assisted living place here in The Villages and into our house at the start of the pandemic so that she wouldn't be essentially in solitary confinement for the duration. She was with us for most of a year before falling, getting a brain bleed and dying. Well before that happened, she and my wife went to Baldwin Brothers and arranged a pre-paid plan she'd bought elsewhere to pay them when she would eventually die here as she planned on staying in Florida until that happened. They handled that very smoothly and when she did pass, they handled everything else smoothly.

Finally, we visited Baldwin Brothers today and purchased pre-paid cremation plans for the two of us. It was a painless process and seemingly fairly priced. The only thing even close to sales pressure was the guy (Dan, if I recall) telling us that they haven't raised their pre-paid plan prices for around 3 years and a $200 increase is coming in March. Since we'd already decided to buy, that didn't really change our minds.

Of course, if you DO decide to go buy a pre-paid cremation plan before (or after) the price increase, tell them Jerry Bell sent you and we'll get a free dinner as thanks from them. Hey, I won't say no to a free dinner. Since friends of ours bought the plans just a couple of weeks ago, we said they referred us and they'll be getting dinner. Or, if you want a free dinner yourself, go to one of the seminars we're always getting invites to in the mail and compare prices. I imagine you'll feel more sales pressure there than we did here. Of course, I could be wrong!
Old 02-11-2021, 11:01 PM
Location: Osceola Hills, previously from Oviedo FL (Orlando area)

My husband & I both preplanned with Baldwin Brothers/Dignity, paying it off in installments over 5 years. We both wanted cremation. Since we did alot of traveling then, we also had a policy that would "ship" us back if something happened while we were on a trip, say across the country. Well, my husband passed away in August, the rep I worked with was very good. I did pay out more money for a memorial service, obit in newspapers, etc., but I still get a monthly newsletter (which I do not read), someone calls me occasionally & offers me further counseling if needed (not needed). Everything was done professionally, alot easier than starting from scratch. I did not have to worry about the policies we'd purchased & paid off several years earlier, they were able to locate records. They helped make it very easy, esp. when i need help.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:52 AM

I made prearrangements with Baldwin Brothers when my husband was dying. What I liked about them was I could do it all online and didn't have to talk to anyone. My family had been in the funeral business so I knew exactly what I wanted. They made everything so easy.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 02-12-2021, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
Greetings:

I have attended the different sales pitches/lunches offered regarding cremation and what the companies offer. I was wondering, if you could share, what your experience had been when using Baldwin Brothers for handling the passing of a loved one. I am NOT looking for feedback on the sales ability of the different representatives, nor opinions on the different packages, but any input as to how Baldwin Brothers met/did not meet your expectations with handling that difficult time of need.

Thank you in advance!
My ONLY complaint would be the time it took them to pick up the body after Mom passed away. When called, they said they would be there in an hour. It was more like 4+ hours and after calling them back several times. I felt like that was quite disrespectful. Everything else went very well. It would've been great if they would've disclosed the location where I had to go to after Mom passed away was different than the location I signed up for their service. I did everything ahead of time to avoid the stress when she passed away. They had the information incorrect after I changed it more than 9 months prior to death. Not a little change either! I would request EVERYTHING to also be sent in writing.... no need for surprises at the end.
Old 02-13-2021, 08:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Not to take this off topic..but can anyone recommend a nice cemetary for non-veterans?
Hillside Memorial Gardens in Leesburg. Nice place, nice people.
Old 02-13-2021, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

One poster mentions paying off the services after 5 years , how expensive is it to just get cremated??
Old 02-13-2021, 04:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
One poster mentions paying off the services after 5 years , how expensive is it to just get cremated??
https://baldwincremation.com/funeral...Price_List.pdf

kathy
Closed Thread

Tags
baldwin, brothers, handling, sales, feedback

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.