This Bank is Incredible!

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2015, 04:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up This Bank is Incredible!

Most of us have done business with many banks in our lifetime, but I have never heard of a bank doing what this bank does.

First Avenue National Bank is one of the new banks on "bank row" in front of the new Pinellas shopping center that fronts 466A.

First Avenue National Bank is a small, local bank that offers services the likes of which I have never heard. Erin Peterson, a Villages resident who is located at that branch, offers Concierge Services. I was shocked when she told me exactly what some of the services are.

If you have an account with them, and need to make a deposit and aren't able to get to the bank, they will come and pick up your deposit.

If you are ill and need to get your prescription filled or pick one up, they will do it for you.

If for some reason you aren't able to get your dog out, she will take your dog for a walk! Yes. Honest. These things aren't the extent of what they will do for you, but Erin can tell you all about her bank's services to their customers.

I have never heard of a bank giving this kind of personal attention to their customers. This bank is a 'WOW!" The "big guys" could offer this kind of service . . . but they don't!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:21 AM
Veteran member

We use Citizens when in Florida as our bank of choice. Just kinda happened.... Overall are happy with the service except for one thing. We still have a bank we do business with up North. At times I need to do a transfer of funds from one bank to another. I can transfer from my bank up North to Citizens, but Citizens does not have the service to transfer from them to my Northern bank. Have asked each time we come down for the winter and answer is still the same, can't do it.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
We use Citizens when in Florida as our bank of choice. Just kinda happened.... Overall are happy with the service except for one thing. We still have a bank we do business with up North. At times I need to do a transfer of funds from one bank to another. I can transfer from my bank up North to Citizens, but Citizens does not have the service to transfer from them to my Northern bank. Have asked each time we come down for the winter and answer is still the same, can't do it.

We have a Capital 360 account and we transfer money from Capital 360 to Citiiznes First and also transfer money from Cap 360 to our major bank .
Capital 360 pays .75% interest and they normally have sign up bonus of up to 100.00. You can also take money from either Ciitizens first or our major bank it just needs to go thru Capital 360.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:28 AM
Location: The Villages (previous: Kittery & Eliot Maine, Portsmouth & Barrington NH, Uncasville CT)

Regarding transfer from Citizens: are you able to do online check deposits with your northern bank? If yes then just transfer money that way. Write the check from Citizens and do the online deposit at your other bank. I do it all the time.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:27 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Most of us have done business with many banks in our lifetime, but I have never heard of a bank doing what this bank does.

First Avenue National Bank is one of the new banks on "bank row" in front of the new Pinellas shopping center that fronts 466A.

First Avenue National Bank is a small, local bank that offers services the likes of which I have never heard. Erin Peterson, a Villages resident who is located at that branch, offers Concierge Services. I was shocked when she told me exactly what some of the services are.

If you have an account with them, and need to make a deposit and aren't able to get to the bank, they will come and pick up your deposit.

If you are ill and need to get your prescription filled or pick one up, they will do it for you.

If for some reason you aren't able to get your dog out, she will take your dog for a walk! Yes. Honest. These things aren't the extent of what they will do for you, but Erin can tell you all about her bank's services to their customers.

I have never heard of a bank giving this kind of personal attention to their customers. This bank is a 'WOW!" The "big guys" could offer this kind of service . . . but they don't!

Let your dog out ?

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 01-24-2015, 10:30 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

And what is the cost for all if these services and their fees?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I will stick with Citizens. I like the fresh popcorn, but I will ask them if they would consider on site pedicures.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post

Excellent question.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoFlo View Post
Regarding transfer from Citizens: are you able to do online check deposits with your northern bank? If yes then just transfer money that way. Write the check from Citizens and do the online deposit at your other bank. I do it all the time.
This is the way to teransifer money from Citizens.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
You never know when you might need to make a transfer of funds from your bank to another bank and time could really be of the essence.
That would be enough for me to make a change.
There's something to be said for a "full service bank!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
Let your dog out ?

Yes, they will let your dog out and even take him for a short walk.
Yes, that what Erin Peterson told me and she is the one who will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
There is no cost for their Concierge Services.
No cost.
FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I will stick with Citizens. I like the fresh popcorn, but I will ask them if they would consider on site pedicures.
Oh, Gracie -- First National National Bank also has popcorn.
As soon as you walk in the front door the aroma beckons you!
Smelly feet will never be on their agenda.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:10 PM
Sage

When I first became aware of this bank, they had a special offer for anyone who would open a new account. They offered a sum of money.

I called to find out exactly where they were located and talked to someone on the phone. I later decided that the $100 or $150 wouldn't be worth the trouble because the location was not convenient to where I live.

No mention was made of free dog-walking services etc.. Are these services guaranteed in writing? Of course I have no dog and no prescriptions but I might have some other odd jobs that need tending.

This, in my opinion, is actually very sad as it indicates a certain level of desperation on behalf of the bank.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:12 PM
Platinum member

but to get that service do you have to maintain a certain minimum amount in your accounts?
Old 01-26-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post

Kind sets ones heart a flutter to realize we've got all this new fangled criteria to aid in the selection of a Financial institution.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:50 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

With all the dogs in TV, the lady will certainly have job security! Popcorn sells too! That being said, this is certainly an unusual bank----an understatement.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
When I first became aware of this bank, they had a special offer for anyone who would open a new account. They offered a sum of money.

I called to find out exactly where they were located and talked to someone on the phone. I later decided that the $100 or $150 wouldn't be worth the trouble because the location was not convenient to where I live.

No mention was made of free dog-walking services etc.. Are these services guaranteed in writing? Of course I have no dog and no prescriptions but I might have some other odd jobs that need tending.

This, in my opinion, is actually very sad as it indicates a certain level of desperation on behalf of the bank.
I find your post offensive. There is no way to know if any bank is "desperate" until they go out of business and close. If you knew the location was not convenient for you, why did you continue with any conversation (you decided the $100 or $150 wasn't worth it!) instead of simply thanking them and hanging up???

They are offering "Concierge Service" to their customers as a way to thank them for their business and as a way, perhaps, of attracting new customers. Instead of dissing them as desperate, I find them refreshing and innovative by offering things which no other banks do!

No, their services are not in writing. Do you have a problem with that? Do you really think as a professional business they would offer something to you and then renege on their offer which was made in good faith? Why would you even think that? Is that something you would do?

And lastly, you "might have some other odd jobs that need tending." Are you serious? Do you think they are running a handiman or housekeeping business?

Frankly, I cannot believe what you have said in your post! Whew!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.