Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Point well taken. I fixed it.
Bare. You are good people. .
Old 01-27-2015, 06:51 PM
Platinum member

I like to see businesses go over and above what is expected. I hope they do well.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Location: Cedar lake Indiana, the village of Country Club Hills snowbird

Bonanza, thanks for sharing this info
Always nice to hear from HAPPY customers
Old 01-27-2015, 07:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member

[QUOTE=sunnyatlast;1002018]All our neighbors use internet and email, and probably 90% have iPhones they use with proficiency. With the smartphone, we no longer go to the bank to deposit checks.

The mobile deposit using the banks' phone app with the camera shot of the check front and endorsed back, and then the system reading the bank routing number and account number directly from the photo gets the deposit in, 24/7, and is done in about a minute.

The new bank offers these hospitality services knowing that the number of people who go to a bank in person is dwindling.

Yes, most people today do use the Internet for many things, but the 90% of which you speak is an exaggeration. While many do have an iphone, many older people do not even have an android phone and don't want to be bothered with learning how to use one. It's more than they need and more than they want. They don't want one because many only have a phone for a safety or emergency reason.

While some people are using their phone to make a deposit, those who do are still very much in the minority. The fact that it may be done in a minute, is beside the point (and it takes more than a minute). The fact that you may do it is beside the point. Most people don't and if you stand in a bank for a few minutes, you will see customers standing in line and at the drive-up window making a deposit.

Furthermore, your statement that "the new bank offers these hospitality services knowing that the number of people who go to a bank in person is dwindling." is absolutely 100% not true. The bank is offering their customers a service --a service which no other bank has or offers. Banks may be seeing a slight decline in persons going to a bank, but by the sheer fact that their tellers and bank representatives haven't decreased blies that statement.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Most of us have done business with many banks in our lifetime, but I have never heard of a bank doing what this bank does.

First Avenue National Bank is one of the new banks on "bank row" in front of the new Pinellas shopping center that fronts 466A.

First Avenue National Bank is a small, local bank that offers services the likes of which I have never heard. Erin Peterson, a Villages resident who is located at that branch, offers Concierge Services. I was shocked when she told me exactly what some of the services are.

If you have an account with them, and need to make a deposit and aren't able to get to the bank, they will come and pick up your deposit.

If you are ill and need to get your prescription filled or pick one up, they will do it for you.

If for some reason you aren't able to get your dog out, she will take your dog for a walk! Yes. Honest. These things aren't the extent of what they will do for you, but Erin can tell you all about her bank's services to their customers.

I have never heard of a bank giving this kind of personal attention to their customers. This bank is a 'WOW!" The "big guys" could offer this kind of service . . . but they don't!
I am glad you found out about this bank's services, and thanks for letting the rest of us know about it. So many of us bemoan the loss of personal dealings with businesses in this modern day and age, and praise those parts of The Villages who still provide those kinds of services. So here is another example of that hometown kind of service--and a bank, to boot--and people are slamming it?
Old 01-27-2015, 08:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

I wonder if they have time to be around to service my banking needs?

Nope , all hands are out getting drugs, scooping dog poo etc.

Guess I'll stick with a bank that does banking things.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Gold member

If the bank wants to offer services like house calls for a deposit or pick up a prescription or walk your dog, that's their decision and it's a friendly gesture.

But I can't imagine calling them to come and do something for me that's not banking.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I am glad you found out about this bank's services, and thanks for letting the rest of us know about it. So many of us bemoan the loss of personal dealings with businesses in this modern day and age, and praise those parts of The Villages who still provide those kinds of services. So here is another example of that hometown kind of service--and a bank, to boot--and people are slamming it?
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
If the bank wants to offer services like house calls for a deposit or pick up a prescription or walk your dog, that's their decision and it's a friendly gesture.
But I can't imagine calling them to come and do something for me that's not banking.
I can't imagine calling them to come and do something for me either.
But I think it's a great innovative idea.
It certainly feels like a Bank that really cares about its customers.
Thanks to Bonanza for starting this thread.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
One person is in charge of their Concierge Service.

You're either trying to be funny or being sarcastic.

Neither one works.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post

Holy smokes. I just don't get the sarcasm this thread/bank has brought out.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:15 PM
Veteran member

Bonanza likes the bank and thought she'd tell everyone. What is up with the sarcasm/negativity?

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.