Bank statements and letters

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2020, 09:04 AM
Default Bank statements and letters

I have a Mortgage with Chase. Years ago I enrolled in every other week automatic payments. On their web site it still shows my monthly payments. The statement I just received from them showing in green highlight in 2 places the monthly amount due on the 1st. of the month and explained the $40 late fee that could be accessed after the 16th. I have reach out to them last year with my concern over the confusion and received a lame answer. A bank deals with money and numbers and they should be accurate. Any suggestions??
Old 07-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

All my auto payments for everything will show the date you are billed and they will also say that about late fee sometimes the language is a little confusing , and all of them will usually say some the like this is not a bill
Old 07-08-2020, 11:19 AM

I would go to a local Chase branch and have someone there explain.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,583 Times in 5,183 Posts

Is it possible that the biweekly payment arrangement is being handled by a third party service and not by Chase? If so, that may explain why your Chase statements are not in sync with your biweekly payments. I would ask that question, but I agree that Chase should clarify their statements.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,583 Times in 5,183 Posts

It also occurs to me that your mortgage with Chase is a contract that was most likely not altered by your decision to make biweekly payments. So, even though you are making biweekly payments, the payments need to provide sufficient funds on a monthly basis to avoid the penalties and default provisions that are spelled out in the original mortgage document. Chase is probably required to structure their statements to provide you with the required legal notices.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymay View Post
I have a Mortgage with Chase. Years ago I enrolled in every other week automatic payments. On their web site it still shows my monthly payments. The statement I just received from them showing in green highlight in 2 places the monthly amount due on the 1st. of the month and explained the $40 late fee that could be accessed after the 16th. I have reach out to them last year with my concern over the confusion and received a lame answer. A bank deals with money and numbers and they should be accurate. Any suggestions??
Why not do a refinance...... I would think the rates are pretty low now. Go with a bank that is a little more responsive to your wishes.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It also occurs to me that your mortgage with Chase is a contract that was most likely not altered by your decision to make biweekly payments. So, even though you are making biweekly payments, the payments need to provide sufficient funds on a monthly basis to avoid the penalties and default provisions that are spelled out in the original mortgage document. Chase is probably required to structure their statements to provide you with the required legal notices.
Yes, exactly right. The original mortgage specified monthly payments and how late that payment could be before a penalty was added. So every statement will forever use the language of the mortgage as it was written.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:43 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
This is the correct answer.
Closed Thread

Tags
bank, payments, received, monthly, accessed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.