Beach house/second home

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2021, 10:21 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I also looked at Cedar Key for a place with a view on the shoreline. Almost purchased a unit in the complex but the other costs and insurance was high. Plus, locals warned me about the buggy season. I hate flying bugs of all kinds. And you had to climb stairs which I can do now but maybe not later. It is a fun place to visit in the right season. So, my choice would still be that complex in Hudson on the water for views and to boat.

One unit in Cedar Key that I saw
52 2nd St #A4, Cedar Key, FL 32625 | Zillow
Old 03-28-2021, 11:34 AM

From Venice to Englewood. Great area for Gulf Front and ICW.
Traffic is not bad. A lot of nature preserves etc.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneko View Post
Cedar key
A bit too remote for me. I love my fast food and Cedar Key doesn't look like Fast Food Heaven.

Thx.

k.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decadeofdave View Post
From Venice to Englewood. Great area for Gulf Front and ICW.
Traffic is not bad. A lot of nature preserves etc.
I've never visited this area. I'll have to take a look.

Thx.

k.
Old 03-28-2021, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last edited by John_W; 04-01-2021 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-29-2021, 06:25 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

For better or worse, I took my own advice and pulled the plug on the purchase of a condo at 6035 Sea Ranch. Now comes the fun part of cleaning, painting and moving in furniture. Thankfully my brother has returned for Ohio for a few weeks to help with this project as he’s a part owner. This will be an adventure again owning a second home this time looking right at the sea. As time is running short, I am pleased to have the opportunity to do this now and sorry to say there are no more condos for sale at this time in the Gulf Island Beach and Tennis Club complex for those that still might be looking.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
For better or worse, I took my own advice and pulled the plug on the purchase of a condo at 6035 Sea Ranch. Now comes the fun part of cleaning, painting and moving in furniture. Thankfully my brother has returned for Ohio for a few weeks to help with this project as he’s a part owner. This will be an adventure again owning a second home this time looking right at the sea. As time is running short, I am pleased to have the opportunity to do this now and sorry to say there are no more condos for sale at this time in the Gulf Island Beach and Tennis Club complex for those that still might be looking.
Congratulations! Good for you. The real estate market is bonkers right now, low inventory everywhere. Glad you got your little piece of heaven. I'm still thinking about a beach place. We shall see!

k.
Closed Thread

Tags
beach, home, hours, advance, input

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.