bed in a box

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2020, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Can I assume you mean a mattress/bed for visitors?

We bought a queen sized inflatable bed (in a bag) with an auto-pressure maintenance feature, for about $100 as I recall. It was so handy we bought a second one to accommodate more than one visitor. They take very little closet space. We’ve loaned them to friends occasionally.
Old 10-11-2020, 11:03 AM
Default Classic cool gel mattresses from amazon are great!!

Classic cool gel mattresses from amazon are really really great. Had tempurpedic for Years - since early 90’s - spent a fortune 3 different times. Now the last tempurpedic is in the guest room, and we have the cool gel (3years now) and it is much better. Does help with cooling slightly, and so comfortable. And economic
Old 10-11-2020, 11:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,840 Times in 777 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth962 View Post
has anyone bought a bed in a box?
which one? ( there are so many)
Where you happy with your purchase?
Thanks for helping
I trust Consumer Reports and use it for most purchases of this type. It gives 85/100 (the top rated mattress) to the regular Avocado (and 79 to the more expensive version), but the regular model costs $1400. The Casper Hybrid is second choice, with a score of 83/100, and it costs $1200.

I bought a regular queen-size Casper about five years ago. I decided after a few nights that it was too firm. I had a king-size foam mattress topper, 2” thick, that I bought from Walmart fifteen years ago. I put that on top and trimmed it to fit. That solved the problem. Now I love the bed.

The thing to keep in mind is that these are in a box and so much more compact than a regular mattress, but they are still heavy foam. If you own a dolly to move the box to the bedroom, your problem is solved. You may need help getting it into and out of your car. If you don’t have a dolly, sliding it across the floor is hard work. The trucker who brings it might possibly bring it inside for you, but won’t take it to your bedroom or unpack it.

My girlfriend wanted a full-size mattress in a box for occasional use in her guest room. She didn’t want to pay $1,000 for a regular Casper. So I bought her a mattress-in-a-box from Costco for about $450. Getting it up the stairs to the guest room nearly killed me, but everyone who sleeps in that bed raves about how much they love the mattress. The price is great.
Old 10-11-2020, 11:07 AM
Default 4 years later still going strong

Its too firm for me but with a topper its fine

Slumber 1 by Zinus 8" Quilted Pocket Spring Mattress, Full

from Walmart
Old 10-11-2020, 12:18 PM
Default Bought a king puffy

In May, bought a king puffy lux, firm yet comfortable. Very good sleep. They let you sleep on it for 10o nights to decide you like it. Easy to get refund. They have charity pick up the returning mattress.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:38 PM
Default Casper forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by alncon2 View Post
Bought 2 twin Casper "Original" mattresses to replace 1 king mattress. After opening the boxes and allowing the mattresses to decompress found that I should have ordered 2 twin XL's since a regular twin is too short. Called Casper to return these. They asked if there was a local Habitat For Humanity organization locally. These mattresses were never slept on but they were donated to HFH. There was no hassle in the return or credit and I went ahead and reordered 2 twin XL mattresses from Casper. We have had them now for a year and love them. Casper not only has a very good product but also excellent customer service.
Ditto: Bought two Casper Original Twin X/Ls and put them on the box springs from the old bed. Works perfectly. Wonderfully comfortable & cool. Ordered direct from Casper, exceptional customer service before and after the sale. No issues at all with off-gassing.

Casper | Unsupported browser
Old 10-11-2020, 02:28 PM

Have had a Leesa for 6 years, still great. Just bought a larger one for other bedroom. Sale going on now.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjd3104 View Post
Yes. Nectar. Good service. Like the bed.
thank you
Old 10-12-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
I trust Consumer Reports and use it for most purchases of this type. It gives 85/100 (the top rated mattress) to the regular Avocado (and 79 to the more expensive version), but the regular model costs $1400. The Casper Hybrid is second choice, with a score of 83/100, and it costs $1200.

I bought a regular queen-size Casper about five years ago. I decided after a few nights that it was too firm. I had a king-size foam mattress topper, 2” thick, that I bought from Walmart fifteen years ago. I put that on top and trimmed it to fit. That solved the problem. Now I love the bed.

The thing to keep in mind is that these are in a box and so much more compact than a regular mattress, but they are still heavy foam. If you own a dolly to move the box to the bedroom, your problem is solved. You may need help getting it into and out of your car. If you don’t have a dolly, sliding it across the floor is hard work. The trucker who brings it might possibly bring it inside for you, but won’t take it to your bedroom or unpack it.

My girlfriend wanted a full-size mattress in a box for occasional use in her guest room. She didn’t want to pay $1,000 for a regular Casper. So I bought her a mattress-in-a-box from Costco for about $450. Getting it up the stairs to the guest room nearly killed me, but everyone who sleeps in that bed raves about how much they love the mattress. The price is great.
thank you so much for taking the time for detail option
Old 10-12-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Have had a Leesa for 6 years, still great. Just bought a larger one for other bedroom. Sale going on now.
Thank you, I did go to the web site
Old 10-13-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphague View Post
My wife and I started buying mattresses online about six years ago to save money. It has been a learning experience...all the mattresses start out feeling great, but after a couple years we are back to hurting when we wake up.

The bed in a box industry has changed. You need to figure out how you and your partner sleep, then get a mattress designed for that type of position. Stomach sleepers need a different firmness than back sleepers or they are going to start hurting, for example.

My son and his wife bought a Purple mattress due to the way they sleep. My wife and I bought a Wink mattress, which is a hybrid; it has both springs and foam. With Wink you can order a specific firmness for your size and sleeping position. It comes in a box as well. There was also no wait time for it to fully expand since the springs do that as soon as you unwrap it.

My recommendation: if this is a guest room mattress, go cheap on Amazon. If this is for you and your partner, do the research, figure out how much you can afford and buy the one that fits with a warranty that is honored.
thank you for the good advice
Old 10-13-2020, 08:05 AM

many thanks
Old 10-13-2020, 08:18 AM

thank on consumers now
Closed Thread

Tags
bed, box, purchase, happy, bought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.