Being a good seller (and moving down to TV)

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2022, 09:09 AM

Leave it all. You likely can't use any of that stuff in a new home. Welcome to TV!
Old 11-17-2022, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp11364 View Post
Hi all,

Still can't begin my home search in TV, but I am doing my cleanup and cleanout in my current home.

Is it normal practice to leave items for the new owners for repairs and touchups? By this, I mean leftover paint for the various rooms, extra wall and/or floor tiles, ceiling panels, extra vinyl siding strips, extra sheets for wall paneling, etc.?

Thanks!

Kevin
We just arrived here after selling our Calif home. We left the buyers all extras we had of any materials in our home even though we suspected they’d do a lot of renovating before moving in as it was a 50 y/o house that needed a lot of work. It seemed like the right thing to do.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Hi all,

Still can't begin my home search in TV, but I am doing my cleanup and cleanout in my current home.

Is it normal practice to leave items for the new owners for repairs and touchups? By this, I mean leftover paint for the various rooms, extra wall and/or floor tiles, ceiling panels, extra vinyl siding strips, extra sheets for wall paneling, etc.?

Thanks!

Kevin
Yes, it is a nice gesture to leave those items. The new buyers would appreciate it but I would have your agent check with their agent to confirm they want it. If your selling by owner you can check directly with them.
Good luck with your sale and purchase and welcome to The Villages:-)
Old 11-17-2022, 02:14 PM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Yes

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks!

Kevin
PLEASE DO! We bought a pre-owned home in TV 2 1/2 years ago. There was NOTHING left behind - thrown away I'm guessing. No paint, no paint codes, no warranty info on appliances, although some were newer, no info on roofing, irrigation system, existing (and current) contracts with lawn mowing, etc..

Information is good. Let the new owner decide if they want to keep it or not.
Old 11-17-2022, 05:12 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks!

Kevin

Reckon I see this bit different. You believe you are helping the new owner by leaving them things they would probably find helpful. To me, you are leaving junk you no longer want or need. When I take possession, I expect the property to be delivered empty. With 99% certainty, I am going to paint most every room, and perhaps even put in new flooring, Take all your stuff with you. I understand you have good intentions, but no thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
extra, home, wall, leftover, paint

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.