Which are the best Airboat rides?

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2018, 09:30 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default Which are the best Airboat rides?

Family coming to town and they want an airboat tour. I found 3, Tom & Jerry's, Swamp Fever, and Wild Bill's. Which would be safe, the best experience, condition, price, etc.?

What other adventures would be worth a short trip? No amusement parks this time. Also inside TVs for 8, 12 and 30 some olds?

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2018, 10:17 AM

I can't speak to the others, but we went on an air boat tour with Swamp Fever and had a great time. The grand kids thoroughly enjoyed the experience and got to hold a gator.

Captain Ron ran a well organized tour and we all got a little education along the way.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:01 PM
Gold member

Wild Bills is a good ride. 1/2 hour from Wild Bills is Homosassa State Park. Grandkids loved both. Basically a small zoo. Check the websites for both.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:06 PM

I second Swamp Fever - went last month and will do it again.

Also, there is a Group-on available.

Last edited by petsetc; 03-12-2018 at 02:07 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 03-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

We have been on Wild Bills several times with guests, all were great except the last one, the water was so high that they were restricted on speed and where they could go.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Family coming to town and they want an airboat tour. I found 3, Tom & Jerry's, Swamp Fever, and Wild Bill's. Which would be safe, the best experience, condition, price, etc.?

What other adventures would be worth a short trip? No amusement parks this time. Also inside TVs for 8, 12 and 30 some olds?

Thanks!
You can take them zip lining in Ocala.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:17 AM
Default a few ideas

Hi
The airboat ride sounds nice.
My grandchildren (8 and 10) and their 30 something parents visited in February. Also, no amusement parks this time. I was concerned that I would not have enough activities to fill up a day -- but I was pleasantly surprised.

We did an activity each morning and then went to the pool in the afternoon. We did Fiesta Bowl bowling (get the schedule for open bowling and be prepared for a short wait), miniature golf, saw the movie Peter Rabbit, and took a golf cart ride. I found that after their parents detached them from their IPADS and they got ready to go it was mid morning already. One activity (as above) then lunch and pool did the trick. We went out to dinner each evening too so that added to the entertainment.

We had a hard time getting them out of the pool (it was 85 degrees in February) and I was really surprised cause their are no slides or water features. I guess coming from the frozen north that just the sun was a big entertainment feature.

Thanks for the airboat ride suggestion. I had also researched horse back riding at Blue Moon Ranch near 466A. $50 per person for a one hour lesson/trail ride with supervision so the kids generally go out alone. They were really nice about showing me the set up when I went out there to see it.

Good luck and have fun and remember to factor in IPAD use.

Eileen
Old 03-16-2018, 07:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigig View Post
Hi
My grandchildren (8 and 10) and their 30 something parents visited in February. Also, no amusement parks this time. I was concerned that I would not have enough activities to fill up a day -- but I was pleasantly surprised.

We did an activity each morning and then went to the pool in the afternoon. We did Fiesta Bowl bowling (get the schedule for open bowling and be prepared for a short wait), miniature golf, saw the movie Peter Rabbit, and took a golf cart ride. I found that after their parents detached them from their IPADS and they got ready to go it was mid morning already. One activity (as above) then lunch and pool did the trick. We went out to dinner each evening too so that added to the entertainment.

We had a hard time getting them out of the pool (it was 85 degrees in February) and I was really surprised cause their are no slides or water features. I guess coming from the frozen north that just the sun was a big entertainment feature.

Thanks for the airboat ride suggestion. I had also researched horse back riding at Blue Moon Ranch near 466A. $50 per person for a one hour lesson/trail ride with supervision so the kids generally go out alone. They were really nice about showing me the set up when I went out there to see it.

Eileen
That sounds perfect and a lot more relaxing then what Orlando has to offer.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigig View Post
Hi

Eileen
Sounds like a fun time. Soooo much to do here! Thank you for ideas.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:19 AM
Sage

Butterfly Rainforest – Exhibits

Not all kids are the same, and this is a long drive but it is memorable. Especially if the kids have cameras.

Two out of 3 of my kids enjoyed art museums and Ocala has a beautiful one.
About - Appleton Museum of Art

and

Menu – Blue Highway, a pizzeria
Great place to eat near the Art Museum.

tom
Old 03-17-2018, 09:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Butterfly Rainforest – Exhibits

Not all kids are the same, and this is a long drive but it is memorable. Especially if the kids have cameras.

Two out of 3 of my kids enjoyed art museums and Ocala has a beautiful one.
About - Appleton Museum of Art

and

Menu – Blue Highway, a pizzeria
Great place to eat near the Art Museum.

tom
This would be of interest too!
Old 03-21-2018, 08:39 AM

Wild Bill’s was a hit with my gang.
Closed Thread

Tags
airboat, trip, short, amusement, adventures

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.