Big Brother ??

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2020, 07:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

I am guessing that the wording of the email caused an entry into your phone's calandar. Since you do not use your phone's calandar, you do not see this happening. Siri is simply reminding you of an upcoming event that is on your calandar. You can turn these functions off through your phones settings. I have them off because I find them annoying.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I am guessing that the wording of the email caused an entry into your phone's calandar. Since you do not use your phone's calandar, you do not see this happening. Siri is simply reminding you of an upcoming event that is on your calandar. You can turn these functions off through your phones settings. I have them off because I find them annoying.
My calendar has absolutely no entries.....I have never used it, and never need to. I believe that SIRI reads all emails, contacts, and anything in your cellphone and anything that your cellphone can access. If you access an app, say a bank account, you need to enter a password to get into the account. SIRI monitors all that you do, and "reads" the password into it's memory, and also sees what you see on your screen.
It may take no action on this activity, but compiles the information and does what it wants, like saving it or selling the statistical accumulation of your, and everyone else's information.
I also believe that someday the population will wake up and find all their electronic information has been hacked, hijacked, and unavailable for the owner to access and use.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:14 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
I was talking to a friend today about Apps on the cellphones. I don't like them, as you give up some privacy for convenience. I told him that the third parties that own the apps have access to everything on your I-Phone when you use them. The "third parties" can access and read your emails, check your bank accounts, all your contacts and even get their email addresses and phone numbers from your cellphone.
An hour ago I got a notification from "Siri" saying that there was a game on Wednesday, Oct 13 at 6pm and lasting until around 8p.m.
Coincidentally, I did get an email from a friend saying that he would be at the rec center at 6pm if anyone wanted to play cards.
So, "Siri" DOES READ YOUR EMAIL......and even though Siri is available on my Iphone, I have never activated or used it.
I don't trust technology. Maybe I should throw away my cellphone.
This week, Apple confirmed a new privacy blow when it delayed a major iOS 14 anti-tracking feature after pushback from Facebook and others. Here’s what that means. What Apple’s Disappointing iOS 14 Feature Delay Means For iPhone Privacy
Old 11-23-2020, 10:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Why worry?
If it makes life easier or better. Use it.
Anyone tracking me will get bored to death anyway!

So says the hackers
Old 11-23-2020, 11:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
If it were true, then what is it about anyone of us, out of the billions and billions and billions of sources of information, be of interest to ANYBODY?

Another subject that is arm chair over intellectualized! IMHO.
You know when crime committed first thing the look at is cell phone if the perk has one. All information is stored on cell phone where it on or off. When you pass tower it’s recorded, when you go out of area to another tower it’s recorded. Yes, good tool for crime fighting, but there not the only ones that can gather the information.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
You know when crime committed first thing the look at is cell phone if the perk has one. All information is stored on cell phone where it on or off. When you pass tower it’s recorded, when you go out of area to another tower it’s recorded. Yes, good tool for crime fighting, but there not the only ones that can gather the information.
An older version of the Iphone IOS keep a plain text file of every location the phone was ever located. NY uses the cell tower info to determine if you are a full time resident of the state to charge you income taxes.
Closed Thread

Tags
email, siri, access, parties, cellphone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.