Bill Cosby sentenced

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2018, 02:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
According to AP, he’ll be going to a minimum security state prison where they have special housing for geriatrics and sex offenders. Wonder which cell block he’ll be sent to? I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that he gets an early release due to health issues. Better that he pay for medical than the state (or would it all come out of Medicare?).

Then there is the question of the civil cases. I imagine the punitive damages will be astronomical. He may end up broke before this is all truly over.

I feel for his wife and children. He’s getting what he deserves. What he did was disgusting, vile and downright evil.
I usually agree with much of what you write, but this sentence I feel for his wife does not sit well with me. If my husband had been accused of what this person did I would not still have been by his side.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-26-2018, 07:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I usually agree with much of what you write, but this sentence I feel for his wife does not sit well with me. If my husband had been accused of what this person did I would not still have been by his side.
No matter what, she is his wife and has to bear the humiliation of his actions. As to standing by him, I remember an interview with Camille Cosby long before any of this ugliness was known. She stated that she took wedding vows seriously and could not imagine any circumstances that would cause her to divorce her husband. Guess she meant it.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-26-2018, 07:24 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,300 Times in 536 Posts
Default Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
He drugged and raped many, many women for decades. I only wish he had been caught and locked up sooner. Celebrities like Cosby and Weinstein sure got by with a lot over the years. Hey hey hey - Lock him up!
Thinking about Bill Cosby and others who have taken advantage of their position in life, a quote from Lincoln came to mind. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-26-2018, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
SCI Phoenix state prison is where Cosby will begin serving sentence - CNN

Cosby is going here. This is a new maximum security prison in PA. My guess is that he will be kept away from the general population of prisoners.
It is interesting that there is conflicting information from usually reliable sources about where Bill Cosby will be serving out his sentence.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,423 Times in 5,111 Posts

Quote:
No matter what, she is his wife and has to bear the humiliation of his actions. As to standing by him, I remember an interview with Camille Cosby long before any of this ugliness was known. She stated that she took wedding vows seriously and could not imagine any circumstances that would cause her to divorce her husband. Guess she meant it.
I don't suppose that it could have anything to do with money?
Old 09-26-2018, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Thinking about Bill Cosby and others who have taken advantage of their position in life, a quote from Lincoln came to mind. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” Abraham Lincoln
Right on Jim.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-26-2018, 08:37 AM
Sage

But, let us get down to the nitty gritty here ........ why would a man with as much power as he had WANT to have intercourse with a drugged woman; in reality close to being a cadaver? How very sick is that?

I watched his programs every week. I thought he was a great role model for the black community and black youth making their way in life, how very sad.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
But, let us get down to the nitty gritty here ........ why would a man with as much power as he had WANT to have intercourse with a drugged woman; in reality close to being a cadaver? How very sick is that?

I watched his programs every week. I thought he was a great role model for the black community and black youth making their way in life, how very sad.
Bill Cosby sexual assault cases - Wikipedia

The human mind seems to be a very difficult thing to understand. He did seem to be doing this kind of thing for a very long time (1965 seems to be the first one mentioned) and that power allowed him to get away with it.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:44 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Looks like Cosby is being treated like prisoner royalty. He has his very own cell, pretty posh. And he got a cup of Jell-O for desert after dinner his first night! Bill Cosby Reportedly Getting Fed Jell-O in Prison

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-27-2018, 01:20 PM

Yeah, i was really disappointed they would serve veal in prison. I don't want to be a hypocrite BC I do eat some meat, but veal is just cruel. It was actually a nicer sounding dinner than many in the world get, that's for sure. Tomato salad, desert, pasta. Meat.

What a generous country we are, really.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:10 PM
Sage

Bill Cosby is at Pennsylvania's State Correctional Institute at Phoenix in Collegeville, PA about 30 miles northwest of Philadelphia. His cell is 7 x 13 with a narrow cot and a metal toilet.

As far as his wife keeping marriage vows go, wow. I'd have walked out several years ago and hired the best divorce attorney I could get.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
As far as his wife keeping marriage vows go, wow. I'd have walked out several years ago and hired the best divorce attorney I could get.
I totally agree with you except I would have castrated him before divorcing him. However, I am not Camille Cosby. She truly believes in for better and worse and, boy, has she gotten the worse.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-29-2018, 04:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
I totally agree with you except I would have castrated him before divorcing him. However, I am not Camille Cosby. She truly believes in for better and worse and, boy, has she gotten the worse.
According to a report on the website of "Ebony" magazine, Camille moved out of their Pennsylvania home in April after the conviction and moved to their home in Massachusetts. According to this report their 3 adult children have not seen their father in months. I don't know how accurate this report is.

When he is released from prison, I will be surprised if he has much of a life to go back to. But at age 81, even 3 years in prison is close to a life sentence. And if he serves 10 years, well that will be a life sentence.

Tags
cosby, wanted, time, paid, rich

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.