Bitter people!

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2016, 11:13 AM
Platinum member
Default Bitter people!

TOTV used to be filled with important information for folks living here.

Now it is filled with bitter people and bitter comments.....some don't even live here.

Is this the new generation of residences? Is this what the future of TOTV is?

Is this the future of the Villages?
Old 07-29-2016, 11:23 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
TOTV used to be filled with important information for folks living here.

Now it is filled with bitter people and bitter comments.....some don't even live here.

Is this the new generation of residences? Is this what the future of TOTV is?

Is this the future of the Villages?
I don't think that's the case. This forum was no different when I first joined. I knew several people back then who quit coming on here because of attacks etc.
I had a couple of people when I was new that I had to use the ignore button.
I still get a lot of good information here and I think a large majority are great people.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:57 AM
Platinum member

We'll have to agree to disagree Bonny. I see real changes taking place and not good ones.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:01 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

My Bride has educated me over the years. She always reminds me, "You don't know what is going on in their personal life." Could be a bad day, week or even a year.

This always slows me down and I'm less likely to go down to their level. Sometimes you just have to let people live in their sad world.

ToTV generates ideas and opinions. Sometimes spicy. Just remember.........it's usually just an opinion and being unkind is much easier with you can hide behind the internet.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
My Bride has educated me over the years. She always reminds me, "You don't know what is going on in their personal life." Could be a bad day, week or even a year.

This always slows me down and I'm less likely to go down to their level. Sometimes you just have to let people live in their sad world.

ToTV generates ideas and opinions. Sometimes spicy. Just remember.........it's usually just an opinion and being unkind is much easier with you can hide behind the internet.

Thats very true. It just seems to be happening more often. Not just on here, out in the restaurnats, shopping.....
Old 07-29-2016, 12:09 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Thats very true. It just seems to be happening more often. Not just on here, out in the restaurnats, shopping.....
Those are the places were I receive most of "my education."

Old 07-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thats very true. It just seems to be happening more often. Not just on here, out in the restaurants, shopping.....
I agree, and in my relatively short time on this board (almost 4 years), I have perceived there to be more complaining than in times past. I feel sorry for those who seem to live to complain versus offering insightful information or suggestions for improvement, thus I choose to ignore and not respond to many postings.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:57 PM
Platinum member

That's how I feel. I used to check in on here at least once a day, sometimes multiple times. Now, maybe once a week, and that's just not enjoyable any more. Too much bitching!
Old 07-29-2016, 12:59 PM

I see some people complain about bad experiences and also some who compliment good experiences. So in my opinion it is a fair site.
I appreciate both kinds of posts, but I don't like to see the replies that are critical of someone posting something that is not all positive.
Everyone has a right to post - good or bad. Some people have their heads in the sand and can't accept the fact that not ALL things here are great, even though most are great.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybye View Post
I see some people complain about bad experiences and also some who compliment good experiences. So in my opinion it is a fair site.
I appreciate both kinds of posts, but I don't like to see the replies that are critical of someone posting something that is not all positive.
Everyone has a right to post - good or bad. Some people have their heads in the sand and can't accept the fact that not ALL things here are great, even though most are great.
Take what you like and leave the rest. TOTV is whatever you want it to be. I'm just saying if you want the political post's they are there for you, if you like negativity, it's here. I love this forum because it gives me a chance to compile information from those who have gone before me and I like many others choose to concentrate on the positive and informative content and be aware of the negativity but not dwell on it. I hope this feeling newer wears off. This place is just great. When you can go to "Motor Vehicle" = Tax Collector and have a positive experience that very good.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:39 PM
Veteran member

You may or may not like this: On the complaining etc. Or as defined here, Bitching?
We had a friend on the West Coast, a lawyer, he and another like minded person did a paid formal study on the events that go on (good and bad) in a large development under the umbrella of a "Homeowners Group". And by the way contrary to many persons, there IS a Homeowners group here in the Villages. It is the VHA or Village Homeowners Advocacy and I understand the name is changing to Advocacy rather than Association. They have an interesting monthly newsletter.
So back to the West Coast Lawyer and his group that studied Homeowners groups. Let's face it, no matter the name it is really a group of people living close by in a semi closed area, mostly retired, with some rules and regulations, commonly called CC and Rs. The results of that study was really interesting. Their conclusions:
A Homeowners group is typically made up of senior citizens from many walks of life. Some have accomplished a lot in life and some have not. Most of them tend to keep this to themselves. Well, the ones who have not been able to rise to something supervisory in their past have at this time decided to take their last fling at it, their last Hurrah, and they usually do not do well because they did not rise to that competency level when they were working. However, those who did get into something formerly related to supervision, did OK at work and now cannot give up that urge to continue directing the trains and the train tracks selected by others.
Interesting and this is a true story. Hope you enjoy this and it clarifies things a bit. Please do not fire back at me for this example.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
You may or may not like this: On the complaining etc. Or as defined here, Bitching?
We had a friend on the West Coast, a lawyer, he and another like minded person did a paid formal study on the events that go on (good and bad) in a large development under the umbrella of a "Homeowners Group". And by the way contrary to many persons, there IS a Homeowners group here in the Villages. It is the VHA or Village Homeowners Advocacy and I understand the name is changing to Advocacy rather than Association. They have an interesting monthly newsletter.
So back to the West Coast Lawyer and his group that studied Homeowners groups. Let's face it, no matter the name it is really a group of people living close by in a semi closed area, mostly retired, with some rules and regulations, commonly called CC and Rs. The results of that study was really interesting. Their conclusions:
A Homeowners group is typically made up of senior citizens from many walks of life. Some have accomplished a lot in life and some have not. Most of them tend to keep this to themselves. Well, the ones who have not been able to rise to something supervisory in their past have at this time decided to take their last fling at it, their last Hurrah, and they usually do not do well because they did not rise to that competency level when they were working. However, those who did get into something formerly related to supervision, did OK at work and now cannot give up that urge to continue directing the trains and the train tracks selected by others.
Interesting and this is a true story. Hope you enjoy this and it clarifies things a bit. Please do not fire back at me for this example.
Please don't take this as a complaint/negativity/rumor/ulterior motive/anti-developer. But, there is only one real HOA; the POA (Property Owners Association). This organization is truly the property owners advocate. The VHA is a developer initiated and pro developer counter response to the quite effective POA, which won a $40,000,000 settlement from the developer for the property owners north of 466. I consider the VHA as an advocate for the developer, not the property owners.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Platinum member

Just sounds like life itself. Some folks are smart and some are not. Some folks are educated and some are not. Some are confrontational and some are not.....some are just plain bored, so they spend time disagreeing on social media.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
I see some people complain about bad experiences and also some who compliment good experiences. So in my opinion it is a fair site. I appreciate both kinds of posts, but I don't like to see the replies that are critical of someone posting something that is not all positive.
Everyone has a right to post - good or bad. .
I think posters simply have different expectations and tolerances for chat forums.
Those that expect posters to always be positive and upbeat will become jaded and disappointed.
We have room for all opinions here, both negative and positive.
The world would be a boring place if everyone thought exactly the same way.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
You nailed it!

........... .
Closed Thread

Tags
bitter, future, people, filled, totv

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.