Blatant Abuse

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I have read many, many posts on here with many opinions as to what is wrong with the TSA.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to how to keep the bad guys...and girls off of the airplanes that we ride, and our loved people ride??

I want to hear something other than we are sissies.

It seems that part of the problem for some of the posters is that the TSA is a government agency and big government is a no no.

Could we have the Carmelite nuns volunteer to do the screening ? What group of people would be o.k.to look at us carefully?

I was joking there but my question is serious. How can we make air travel safe in your opinion????
Old 04-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Blatant Abuse

graciegirl....my pick for a group of people to do pat downs Robots
Old 04-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, who is the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on National Security, said this in a statement today:

“This conduct is in clear violation of TSA’s explicit policy not to conduct thorough pat-downs on children under the age of 13.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51...-says.html.csp

People are taking notice of the absurdity that is the TSA. This security theatre is playing more and more to a hostile audience who resent being presumed guilty in a one size fits all privacy invasion abdication of our Constitutional Rights. We will prevail.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...TVBXZjNsuJDaWK
Old 04-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Rep. Jason Chaffetz, who is the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on National Security, said this in a statement today:

“This conduct is in clear violation of TSA’s explicit policy not to conduct thorough pat-downs on children under the age of 13.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51...-says.html.csp

People are taking notice of the absurdity that is the TSA. This security theatre is playing more and more to a hostile audience who resent being presumed guilty in a one size fits all privacy invasion abdication of our Constitutional Rights. We will prevail.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...TVBXZjNsuJDaWK
I ask you. How would you keep air travel safe?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I ask you. How would you keep air travel safe?
I'm not a security expert, but it is clear the TSA procedures are a farce. I would hire people who have the best security record in the free world without degrading the people who fly. I would hire the experts who've devised the Israeli method of airline security and get their recommendations to enacting a comparable security screening that targets the right people and not all people. A security force which is primarily proactive and secondarily reactive.

Israel shows it can be done. All we have to do is do it.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
I'm not a security expert, but it is clear the TSA procedures are a farce. I would hire people who have the best security record in the free world without degrading the people who fly. I would hire the experts who've devised the Israeli method of airline security and get their recommendations to enacting a comparable security screening that targets the right people and not all people. A security force which is primarily proactive and secondarily reactive.

Israel shows it can be done. All we have to do is do it.
What exactly does Israel do?

Where would you find these security people? What kind of agency would oversee them? What would their procedures be? I would just like to hear what should be done, in your view rather than what should not be done.

Because I think there are no easy answers.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
What exactly does Israel do?

Where would you find these security people? What kind of agency would oversee them? What would their procedures be? I would just like to hear what should be done, in your view rather than what should not be done.

Because I think there are no easy answers.
Gracie, I'm sorry but I wrote what I think should be done and I think what I wrote is quite clear and easy to understand. I'm just a retired truck driver, who reads way too much, but still I am what I am.

You can Google security procedures at Ben Gurion Airport, if you like and you will find some info on their far superior security protocols than what we employ. I don't think it would be administered exactly the same here, but if you wanted something done right you go to the best, and that they are.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Why so upset ???

Looks like a BABY SHOE bomber to me .....

fumar
Old 04-14-2011, 05:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Gracie, I'm sorry but I wrote what I think should be done and I think what I wrote is quite clear and easy to understand. I'm just a retired truck driver, who reads way too much, but still I am what I am.

You can Google security procedures at Ben Gurion Airport, if you like and you will find some info on their far superior security protocols than what we employ. I don't think it would be administered exactly the same here, but if you wanted something done right you go to the best, and that they are.
Richie.

You are a sincere person but I am just trying to say that there aren't easy answers to this very frightening situation. Many people must fly to continue working, just as Katezbox and JoJo do. There are sick people who may view an airplane as a way of suicide and revenge. There is a whole bunch of people who have already used airplanes to slaughter thousands of Americans. Americans who drive trucks and perform surgery and have little six year old daughters aren't safe to travel by air unless we have something in place. It may not be the best something, but we can't just read and hear what commentators have to say, we have to think for ourselves.

It isn't as bad as it could be. It isn't as good as it could be. Neither is cancer treatment, but we can't just not do something. I really do NOT think that woman who was giving that child a physical search was at ALL sexually motivated. I think she could have been showing her authority or she had her orders wrong. OR maybe they do searches like that sporadically to show that searches like that are done...

It isn't right and it isn't pretty.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Richie.

You are a sincere person but I am just trying to say that there aren't easy answers to this very frightening situation. Many people must fly to continue working, just as Katezbox and JoJo do. There are sick people who may view an airplane as a way of suicide and revenge. There is a whole bunch of people who have already used airplanes to slaughter thousands of Americans. Americans who drive trucks and perform surgery and have little six year old daughters aren't safe to travel by air unless we have something in place. It may not be the best something, but we can't just read and hear what commentators have to say, we have to think for ourselves.

It isn't as bad as it could be. It isn't as good as it could be. Neither is cancer treatment, but we can't just not do something. I really do NOT think that woman who was giving that child a physical search was at ALL sexually motivated. I think she could have been showing her authority or she had her orders wrong. OR maybe they do searches like that sporadically to show that searches like that are done...

I agree, Gracie. Personally, I think there should be more profiling. Focus less on the little old ladies in the wheelchair and the wee little ones......and look for those who may "fit the picture". My hairdresser is from Lebanon.... and he and his wife have said how much safer they feel when THEY are pulled over to be searched by the TSA........because they look like they may be from a part of the world where there are American haters. I realize that these wacko terrorists may be using little old ladies and children in the future for their sick attacks......but MORE focus should be be put on profiling....IMHO.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Richie.

Sexually motivated or not, that woman is priming that little girl to relinquish control of her own body to someone who seems to be in an authority position.

Why are you so dead set on continuing these procedures that degrade people? Why can't you a least agree that all avenues should be explored, and in particular the one that has the most successful record in the world without degrading it's population.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Sexually motivated or not, that woman is priming that little girl to relinquish control of her own body to someone who seems to be in an authority position.

Why are you so dead set on continuing these procedures that degrade people? Why can't you a least agree that all avenues should be explored, and in particular the one that has the most successful record in the world without degrading it's population.
Just because someone doesn't see it YOUR way doesn't mean they are wrong or bad people. It simply means they have a different opinion. Not everyone is totally obsessed as you appear to be with this particular topic. Some are and some aren't. I listened to everything the TSA woman was saying and watched everything she was doing and I thought it to be VERY professional. I'm sure she doesn't get her jollies doing this. It is a teachable moment in this little girl's life. I believe it is the parent's responsibility to explain to their child exactly why it is necessary for this type of precaution. By describing the circumstances and that her mommy or daddy are to be present when this activity might take place will only strengthen her resolve to attend to her personal privacy and should lead into how to avoid inappropriate touching, etc.

Xavier
Old 04-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Just because someone doesn't see it YOUR way doesn't mean they are wrong or bad people. It simply means they have a different opinion. Not everyone is totally obsessed as you appear to be with this particular topic. Some are and some aren't. I listened to everything the TSA woman was saying and watched everything she was doing and I thought it to be VERY professional. I'm sure she doesn't get her jollies doing this. It is a teachable moment in this little girl's life. I believe it is the parent's responsibility to explain to their child exactly why it is necessary for this type of precaution. By describing the circumstances and that her mommy or daddy are to be present when this activity might take place will only strengthen her resolve to attend to her personal privacy and should lead into how to avoid inappropriate touching, etc.

Xavier
You have a lot of nerve to say or imply that I'm calling anyone "bad people". Where do you get that impression in any of my posts. Gracie is responding to this post so obviously she's interested, and and what business is it of yours if we discuss it.

I never said she's getting her jollies, just that the procedure is not that different from someone who would groom a child for exploitation, and I can post child advocate links that would back up my opinion.

Teach her what? That the Government now has the right to touch her private parts? Today the airport; tomorrow the shopping mall.

I'm only asking people to think about it and consider alternatives. What's wrong with exploring alternatives?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Richie.

Quote:

Quote:

Xavier
Quote:
You have a lot of nerve to say or imply that I'm calling anyone "bad people". Where do you get that impression in any of my posts. Gracie is responding to this post so obviously she's interested, and and what business is it of yours if we discuss it.

I never said she's getting her jollies, just that the procedure is not that different from someone who would groom a child for exploitation, and I can post child advocate links that would back up my opinion.

Teach her what? That the Government now has the right to touch her private parts? Today the airport; tomorrow the shopping mall.

I'm only asking people to think about it and consider alternatives. What's wrong with exploring alternatives?

Now you've taken away all doubt. Nice job.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Now you've taken away all doubt. Nice job.
I don't know what you're trying to prove. You think you've made some point?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.