Blood Donation

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2020, 04:57 AM
Sage
Default Blood Donation

I had some time to spare yesterday and decided to pay a visit to the Big Red Bus. When they saw my blood type, and I asked them about possibly donating red blood cells, which I had not done before, they said it would be extra special...and I would be saving twelve babies’ lives today. I did it. They might embellish things a bit, but it didn’t stop me from feeling really good.

I’m not posting this to brag about my good deed. (Well...maybe just a little bit. ) I’m posting it to see if it might influence some of you folks to go donate. The good feeling is great. The apple juice, t-shirt, and $10 gift card are just icing on the cake!

Take over, Tal!
Old 01-31-2020, 07:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks for donating. I did Red Cells but have now switched to Plasma I can do it more often and it's a little easier on the body. If anyone is interested next Thursday February 6th The Villages Parrothead Club will be having their 1st of this years 4 drives at Fire Station #44 on Morse Blvd & Moyer Loop from 8:30 to 4PM. Food, Snacks, Movie Tickets & Discount Coupons for local Restaurants will be given out. Last year we collected 300 pints at this Drive. Please stop by. Blood is always needed. Thanks
Old 01-31-2020, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I had some time to spare yesterday and decided to pay a visit to the Big Red Bus. When they saw my blood type, and I asked them about possibly donating red blood cells, which I had not done before, they said it would be extra special...and I would be saving twelve babies’ lives today. I did it. They might embellish things a bit, but it didn’t stop me from feeling really good.

I’m not posting this to brag about my good deed. (Well...maybe just a little bit. ) I’m posting it to see if it might influence some of you folks to go donate. The good feeling is great. The apple juice, t-shirt, and $10 gift card are just icing on the cake!

Take over, Tal!
Good to hear. I had done red blood cell donations a few times in the past but now usually do platelets and then will donate whole blood if my iron gets too high. The platelet donation process pushes up your iron count.
Closed Thread

Tags
blood, good, bit, i’m, feeling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.