Boll and Branch sheets

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2019, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I miss the Percale sheets I grew up with and also used when we first were starting out. NOW can't find any that are comparable since textiles have been out-sourced.

I laughed out loud at the person who asked if they required a battery or did anything special. I'll check out what everyone is recommending!!!
I miss the Percale sheets Oh, me too. Used to get mine in Marshalls for next to nothing.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-26-2019, 05:26 PM

I see many comments about different types of sheets and specifically, Boll and Branch sheets are mentioned, but no one has mentioned Bamboo sheets.
They are cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.

They are a "green product," softer than 1,000 Egyptian cotton, naturally odor resistant, hypoallergenic. They are not inexpensive, but Boll and Branch probably wins the prize for being up there price-wise.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned and are aware of Bamboo sheets. One caveat, however. Do not ever buy them as a bamboo blend. They must be 100% bamboo and they are simply wonderful.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
I see many comments about different types of sheets and specifically, Boll and Branch sheets are mentioned, but no one has mentioned Bamboo sheets.
They are cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.

They are a "green product," softer than 1,000 Egyptian cotton, naturally odor resistant, hypoallergenic. They are not inexpensive, but Boll and Branch probably wins the prize for being up there price-wise.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned and are aware of Bamboo sheets. One caveat, however. Do not ever buy them as a bamboo blend. They must be 100% bamboo and they are simply wonderful.
Thanks for your review on this. I was looking at sheets recently and wondered about them. It also appears as if they are wrinkle-resistant. Do you find this to be the case?
Old 04-26-2019, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Thanks for your review on this. I was looking at sheets recently and wondered about them. It also appears as if they are wrinkle-resistant. Do you find this to be the case?
We are on the cusp of our Domestic Research on The Bed Sheets.

1) Sams 800 thread, GARBAGE.

2) My Pillow, not too shabby and the price was around $100. Not too bad.

3) Forgot to start the washer before so a delay on The Boll & Branch
Test. I looked thru the Beautiful Box they were delivered in and for the life of me, I couldn't find any BATTERIES included. Not even out of the dryer yet and the first report is they are badly wrinkled. Ut Oh!

In NOTHING but my defense, I am sorta Technologically Challenged and our Washing Machine can be turned on by Cell Phone. Why this is necessary is beyond me. Unless its for a bonehead who forgets to start the Washer and realizes it when HE (Me) get to the Square. I also put a Camera on the Garage door so I can check to see if its closed when I can't remember if I did it. Back to the Sheets. Thanks, CowGirl. These better pass Mrs. Nucky From Consumer Reports.

Last edited by Nucky; 04-26-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post

I have two sets and not made by the same company. I think being wrinkle resistant has to do with the depth of your mattress and the depth of the contour sheet itself.

I don't care what they look like when I fold them. But I am very happy once they are on the bed. Yes, they are smooth as silk.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:52 PM
Sage

Dream Fit Sheets are wonderful, not quite as expensive, but not inexpensive. Bought my first set from Flobeds...the most comfortable bed we’ve ever owned. Dreamfit sheets come in Pima cotton, Egyptian cotton or Tencel.

DreamFit Sheets | Guaranteed to Stay On, Pillows and Mattress Covers
Old 04-27-2019, 04:22 AM
Sage

The Boll And Branch Sheets get the Mrs. Nucky Seal of Approval. That's after only One Night. I've been trying to get the same Seal Of Approval for over 20 Years. Once on the bed, wrinkle-free, the sheets also and they are cool and way different than anything I've ever slept on before. The price all in with an extra set of Pillow Cases was $262. They had a special $50 off on the day we purchased.

The order was due on Monday and instead, we slept on them on Friday Night. Underpromise & Overdeliver. 4 Thumbs Up!
Old 04-27-2019, 05:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We have been buying Comfort Zone sheets for couple of years. No iron (I don’t remember my mom ever ironing them, and no batteries needed).
Every time we have company always ask what brand. Even the boys noticed them, so that in itself is a great review. I buy online.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We have been buying Comfort Zone sheets for couple of years. No iron (I don’t remember my mom ever ironing them, and no batteries needed).
Every time we have company always ask what brand. Even the boys noticed them, so that in itself is a great review. I buy online.
I'm with you with buying Online for most stuff.

To answer the OP, These Sheets are an absolute GO! Definitely worth the money! You will not be disappointed. Can't take it $$ With Us $$.
Not all of it.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:06 PM
Veteran member

FYI if you are interested these sheets are 20 percent off until 4/29 at the Boll and Branch. Boll & Branch(R) - The World's Most Comfortable Sheets and Pillows
Includes free shipping.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Platinum member

Ok. I just ordered a set. Has anyone purchased one of their beautiful blankets? I’m very tempted!
Old 04-27-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I miss the Percale sheets I grew up with and also used when we first were starting out. NOW can't find any that are comparable since textiles have been out-sourced.

I laughed out loud at the person who asked if they required a battery or did anything special. I'll check out what everyone is recommending!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I miss the Percale sheets Oh, me too. Used to get mine in Marshalls for next to nothing.

For those of you who say you miss percale sheets, what you have been buying for many years now IS percale.

Why the name/word percale has vanished from the face of the earth, I don't know.

When the name/word percale vanished from the face of the earth . . . . . Well, I don't know that either!

Percale is simply a type of weave of over 180 threads per inch.
Now, with that knowledge, everyone should be feeling and sleeping better!
Old 04-28-2019, 06:03 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
For those of you who say you miss percale sheets, what you have been buying for many years now IS percale.

Why the name/word percale has vanished from the face of the earth, I don't know.

When the name/word percale vanished from the face of the earth . . . . . Well, I don't know that either!

Percale is simply a type of weave of over 180 threads per inch.
Now, with that knowledge, everyone should be feeling and sleeping better!

Thank you Midnight. I know I will now sleep like a baby with this information. LOL
Old 04-28-2019, 10:08 AM
Sage

Great info Midnight Cow. It almost seems like I feel I know you already. The style of writing and the thoughfulness of increasing the size of certain words is very helpful in your post's. Thank's for your kind assistance. Percale, before my time I guess, I'll check it out. Welcome.

Last edited by Nucky; 04-28-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:16 AM

Do people really iron their sheets?
Closed Thread

Tags
sheets, worth, money, purchased, branch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.