Boll and Branch sheets

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2019, 11:29 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
Do people really iron their sheets?
Back in the late 1940s and early 1950's my mother used a large mangle to iron sheets. I think she stopped when permanent press or the like came out. All I remember is the mangle disappeared one day. It was much longer than the one in this video, or at least seemed so to me.

Ironrite mangle iron - YouTube

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-28-2019, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Back in the late 1940s and early 1950's my mother used a large mangle to iron sheets. I think she stopped when permanent press or the like came out. All I remember is the mangle disappeared one day. It was much longer than the one in this video, or at least seemed so to me.

Ironrite mangle iron - YouTube
My mother had one of those. She did all our sheets, underwear, and my father's work shirts. It also looked bigger than the one on your video. And I too don't know what happened to it. Also, I always thought "mangle" was a funny name for something that irons things flat.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

My bamboo sheets could use a mangle. But I got a Miele drier instead with a steam dry function. The sheets come out dry but not over dry and not so wrinkled, like what a cloth steamer would do.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:38 PM

We have a set. They are very soft and get softer every time they're washed. Very comfortable. Maybe we're not following the laundering instructions carefully enough, but they come out of the dryer pretty wrinkled (although once back on the bed and smoothed out, most of the wrinkles are gone).
--
bc
Old 04-28-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Great info Midnight Cow. It almost seems like I feel I know you already. The style of writing and the thoughfulness of increasing the size of certain words is very helpful in your post's. Thank's for your kind assistance. Percale, before my time I guess, I'll check it out. Welcome.
If you are old enough to live here you've probably slept on percale sheets unless your mother bought Muslim sheets (ouch!).

No, we don't know one another. My style of writing? Not sure what you mean by "style???" As for being thoughtful, TOTV's regular font is so small. Maybe by making it larger, you won't have to put on your readers!
Old 04-28-2019, 10:15 PM

I hate to upset many of you who have purchased the Boll and Branch sheets directly from them.
If you go on eBay, you can find a set of king size sheets for $140.00 including shipping and no tax.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:39 PM
Platinum member

I hesitate to buy many name brand items on EBay because I think many are knock offs. Especially expensive hair care and skin care products. You
Old 04-29-2019, 06:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I hesitate to buy many name brand items on EBay because I think many are knock offs. Especially expensive hair care and skin care products. You
I called Boll & Branch today about this issue. They are aware of the price difference and I believe they know the answer why the Ebay product is cheaper but as any good company should do they wouldn't say a peep about Ebay. More or less they said find out for yourself.

Now I tried Ebay and got zip, zero, zilch. That's it that's the price the person selling has no complaints and they didn't seem to care.

I'm going to pay the freight for the real deal from Jersey. Just ordered another set. For the guest room. (Over My Dead Body) The guest gets the Mr. Pillow Sheets. End of story Period. That's if my wife says it's OK!
Old 04-29-2019, 09:28 PM

100% yes. The best sheets I've ever had. Changes sleep time!!
Old 04-29-2019, 10:33 PM
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I've been buying and selling on eBay for over 20 years. Knockoffs are illegal and eBay does a pretty good job of deleting those type of listings and getting rid of the sellers who try to sell their bogus items.

In all my years' experience, having made thousands of purchases, I have never purchased an item that was not as it was purported to be. In addition, eBay stands up for buyers who have an issue with a seller and the buyer will always get their money back when the seller is wrong.

What kind of problem have you had or is this just a supposition on your part???
Old 04-29-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I called Boll & Branch today about this issue. They are aware of the price difference and I believe they know the answer why the Ebay product is cheaper but as any good company should do they wouldn't say a peep about Ebay. More or less they said find out for yourself.

Now I tried Ebay and got zip, zero, zilch. That's it that's the price the person selling has no complaints and they didn't seem to care.

I'm going to pay the freight for the real deal from Jersey. Just ordered another set. For the guest room. (Over My Dead Body) The guest gets the Mr. Pillow Sheets. End of story Period. That's if my wife says it's OK!

You really didn't expect Boll and Branch to either give you the answer you wanted to hear or actually tell you the truth, did you?

Individuals and small businesses buy closeouts, job lots, and also purchase directly from manufacturers, and then there's the secondary market where items are sold and where a product is drop shipped directly from the manufacturer. And you really think Boll and Branch is going to tell you about any of this???

I'm not really sure what you are saying here. What do you mean when you said "you tried eBay," etc. ?

"Now I tried Ebay and got zip, zero, zilch. That's it that's the price the person selling has no complaints and they didn't seem to care."
Old 04-30-2019, 03:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
You really didn't expect Boll and Branch to either give you the answer you wanted to hear or actually tell you the truth, did you?

Individuals and small businesses buy closeouts, job lots, and also purchase directly from manufacturers, and then there's the secondary market where items are sold and where a product is drop shipped directly from the manufacturer. And you really think Boll and Branch is going to tell you about any of this???

I'm not really sure what you are saying here. What do you mean when you said "you tried eBay," etc. ?

"Now I tried Ebay and got zip, zero, zilch. That's it that's the price the person selling has no complaints and they didn't seem to care."
Over a hundred dollars difference in price is quite a lot of money and fishing around is sometimes the way to find an answer. I am not really that familiar with eBay so I finally did speak with a person and asked how something they were selling could be so much less money? Probably have used them twice in the last 15 years.

I made both phone calls with no expectations. I'm thrilled that you revealed the alternative but think I'll stick with Fresh New Hopefully not previously owned sheets. Sorta reminds me of buying a used Tooth Brush because it is cheaper.

The good thing is eBay is on the Radar for other items in the future. Hard to believe I'm sure but since Amazon arrived I put eBay on the family do not deal list. Maybe its time to rethink that strategy.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Over a hundred dollars difference in price is quite a lot of money and fishing around is sometimes the way to find an answer. I am not really that familiar with eBay so I finally did speak with a person and asked how something they were selling could be so much less money? Probably have used them twice in the last 15 years.

I made both phone calls with no expectations. I'm thrilled that you revealed the alternative but think I'll stick with Fresh New Hopefully not previously owned sheets. Sorta reminds me of buying a used Tooth Brush because it is cheaper.

The good thing is eBay is on the Radar for other items in the future. Hard to believe I'm sure but since Amazon arrived I put eBay on the family do not deal list. Maybe its time to rethink that strategy.
I'm with you. Not that I would never use eBay, but I would not go that route for what I would consider "personal" items and for me that would include sheets.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
Do people really iron their sheets?
Yup!
Old 04-30-2019, 01:21 PM
Thumbs up Brand New vs. Brand New. Duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
I hate to upset many of you who have purchased the Boll and Branch sheets directly from them.
If you go on eBay, you can find a set of king size sheets for $140.00 including shipping and no tax.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
I'm with you. Not that I would never use eBay, but I would not go that route for what I would consider "personal" items and for me that would include sheets.

The price I originally quoted from eBay was $140.00 for brand new Boll and Branch king size sheets . . . brand new, not used.

How could you possibly equate brand new sheets with a used toothbrush??? And isn't any purchase a person makes "personal?"

All listings on eBay are very clear as to the condition of what is being sold. While there are a few different variations of an item being new, the listings are very clear and if you can read English you won't have a problem.

In my mind, a set of brand new sheets for $140.00 compared to what the manufacturer is selling them for is a no brainer no matter how you look at it!
Closed Thread

Tags
sheets, worth, money, purchased, branch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.