Bought a New Car yesterday

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2015, 07:44 PM

I always feel wrung out after buying a car. I wish I never have to do it again.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Sage
Smile

Yes, you are right the dealership will charge you whatever you are willing to pay for sure. Most of the cars I have bought in the past I have felt like I was taken to the cleaners so I completely understand. This time though I had a game plan and I was confident that it wouldn't happen again. I read up on the internet about the cars, I searched their inventories to see what the stickers would be on which packages and which cars they had on their lots. I used the car payment calculator to see what to expect and knew how much was in my budget. I decided what packages were important to me and was armed with all of that info before going in. I also promised myself that I would sleep on whatever deal they presented to me. I walked out nicely two times before finally making a deal on the last day of the month 1 hour before they closed for the day. I feel like I got the best deal possible. During all of those negotiations not once did I feel like the salespeople were sleazy. I can't say that about other dealerships I've purchased cars from. That is why I recommended them.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Yes, you are right the dealership will charge you whatever you are willing to pay for sure. Most of the cars I have bought in the past I have felt like I was taken to the cleaners so I completely understand. This time though I had a game plan and I was confident that it wouldn't happen again. I read up on the internet about the cars, I searched their inventories to see what the stickers would be on which packages and which cars they had on their lots. I decided what packages were important to me and was armed with all of that info before going in. I also promised myself that I would sleep on whatever deal they presented to me. I walked out nicely two times before finally making a deal on the last day of the month 1 hour before they closed for the day. I feel like I got the best deal possible. During all of those negotiations not once did I feel like the salespeople were sleazy. I can't say that about other dealerships I've purchased cars from. That is why I recommended them.
Excellent strategy!
Old 02-01-2015, 11:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV View Post
Just sold my F150 Supercrew yesterday...cried as it drove off....let me know how you like your Escape because we will be looking for something larger than our Accord.
I felt the same way; my Supercrew was a heck of a truck. We got the Escape Dec. 29 and really like it; got the Titanium pkg. with the 2.0 Ecoboost - a lot of power and great fuel mileage. We researched all the small SUV's, drove ALL the small SUV's and kept coming back to the Escape. I thought we wanted a CRV until we drove the Escape. Hated the CVT transmission in the CRV.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.