‘Boy Who Came Back From Heaven’ actually didn’t; books recalled

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2015, 09:29 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Just checked in and was drawn to this thread. I read all the posts and am happily checking back out.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

I have plenty of out of body experiences! But when I wake up I realize I was Dreaming! Never thought About writing book about it and someone believing it or would pay money for it!

After 18 hour operation and 4 days on moraine I too thought I came back from the dead or was reborn again! And yes I am believer
Old 01-22-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Paul WROTE about an experience, but said he was not able to WRITE about it. Uh, I think you lost me there?
Sorry I guess I wasn't clear and was rushing when I wrote this from a work computer.

What I was referring to was the fact that Paul wrote that he had an experience but was not at liberty to share it. He was beaten and stoned and whipped many times and left for dead at least once so we believe it was one of these times his spirit left his body.

In fact he said he was not permitted to share the experience with his readers. My point was if this man of God who wrote almost all of our New Testament by the Holy Spirit and was not permitted to speak about it, why should we believe these others?
Old 01-22-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onslowe View Post
What does make me wonder is the question of whether one truly and honestly was trying to "understand" the post that Dawnmarie wrote, in which case other phrasing would have been appropriate and civil and expected; or, whether it was a very poor and transparent attack on another poster's choice of a word for ulterior and mocking motives. I know how I read it, and I think I know in what context it appeared to be written. Argue, discuss and ask honest questions… don't try to make a laughingstock out of another human being.
Well said and I was thinking the same. Like I just said in my previous posting I was in a hurry and at work. I mistakenly thought most would understand what I was trying to say but failed to realize that most are not well versed in Scripture and may not have any idea of what I was talking about. It would have been better if I was asked for clarification and which I would have readily given.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

First DawnMarie says these experiences aren't true because of science. Then she says they aren't true because of the Bible. I don't see how she can make these blanket statements. She cannot say what other people have experienced.
I did NOT say anything about them not being true because of Science. Would you like to explain that statement?

You brought up the fact that one of the writers of one of these books was a Neuro Surgeon. I wrote back my son who is a neuro Scientist and has a Ph.D would not agree with you. That is not the same thing as saying I was using Science. I was merely pointing out that being an educated person has no bearing on this subject. In fact i believe God quite often goes to the simple minded way before he goes to the smart educated ones. His ways are not our ways and how he picks his people and who he puts in charge are not necessarily who we would pick.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

And I hope that I was clear on my value, which is, I believe that everyone has a right to their sincere religious beliefs and no one should belittle them unless those beliefs would be to harm or to behead some one who didn't agree with those beliefs. There are a lot of good people who posted on this thread.

OH WAIT....maybe the PTBARNUM was meant about the book...the thing Quirky was talking about. I bet that's it. I am sorry I yelled at you. You have to wonder if it were a real deal or someone making it up. The story and the whole deal to sell a book.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-22-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.