Breakfast

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
OMG YES Raes Raes head and shoulders above any other! Corned Beef Hash is to die for!! Potatoes are the best I have ever had and everything is made to perfection!
For us it is:-

1. Our place, coffee is always fresh and the cook always has a smile

2. Cracker Barrel, we have never had a bad breakfast there

3. Bob Evans always good

4. Too Jays, we ate there a couple times and were pleased with the menu and the food.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
In this order............Athens, Johnny Rockets, Katie Bells, 2 Jays here in TV. Now if you want to drive a little and want the best breakfast in Florida go to Reds in Hernando. It's about an hour and 10 mins. from here but well worth the very pleasant drive. I could name several others the same distance from here that are excellent, but Reds is the king.
Oh, my goodness. Stopped at Red's last Saturday on a whim when we were in the area. Saw all the cars in the parking lot and said it had to be good. Good doesn't even come close to describing it! Will make the drive again just to go there.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Bob Evans, love their crepes and service is great

Athens, love their 3.99 special with coffee and service is great

Havana, love their 4.99 special and service is great

Sonrise, love their 5.50 special and service is great
Old 11-09-2013, 05:49 PM
Platinum member

I personally prefer my own breakfast! However, I only cook for myself (and over-night guests, if any), so I cannot issue a TOTV-wide invitation!

'Sides I can only accommodate a max of 6 for any meal!

SWR
Old 11-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Default Went to Rae Rae's today - thanks for the tip!

We headed over to Rae Rae's this morning because of what was written here and it was great! We will absolutely go back. Everything was piping hot, perfectly seasoned and service was wonderful.
We do prefer supporting local restaurants as much as possible. Cracker Barrel, Perkins, etc, are all dependably good, but they are always the same whether they are here, Atlanta, or Omaha. Athens, Billy's, Son Rise, Lil Bits and now Rae Rae's sure top our list of local breakfast spots. You just can't beat the quirky atmosphere, creative cooking, and friendliness of a (good) local establishment.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Sage

Perkins, Athens, Billys - will check out Rae Rae's
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-10-2013, 05:57 AM

Billy's and Cracker Barrel. Perkins is overpriced and I never cared for Bob Evans. Too Jays would be third, IMHO
Old 11-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Have tried them all listed so far and I think the Fruitland Park Cafe is by far the best. Rae Rae's is good but just go another mile South to Fruitland Park Cafe and it's cheaper and better. They have a list of all the breakfast items and charge $1.25 each for the first three you pick and $1 for each additional item. All fresh cooked while you wait. Biscuits to die for, fantastic grits, homemade sausage gravy, serve yourself coffee for .50 cents, homemade toast and great service. So a really good breakfast with lots of good coffee is usually under $5. Tough to beat.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:28 AM

Had breakfast at Rae Rae's this morning. It was excellent. Food was fresh and came out hot. Very pleasant experience. We felt the prices were very reasonable. Corned beef hash was wonderful.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:52 AM

We also had breakfast at Rae Rae's because all of the good reviews on this forum, and we were impressed. I love grits and they made them just right. Nancy
Old 11-10-2013, 12:09 PM

Went to Bonify last Sunday. Many selections on their breakfast buffet and it was very good. Visited Perkins on Saturday morning and it also was very good with huge delicious muffins. Can't wait to try others mentioned here.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Sage

We've tried every single one of these places suggested. Golf cart accessable is very desireable to us and as much as we like Rae Raes we usually go to Athens for not only price but good food. To give an example We went to Katie Bells this morning (Sunday) for breakfast and the buffet cost us a little over $22 including tip. We went to Athens Saturday and the breakfast costs about $13. including the same % tip. We like Katie Bells and the variety of food on the buffet and the atmosphere, but also like setting outside on the patio at Athens and watching the traffic, people etc. going by. So to not get into a rut we change now and then.
Now when we get up earlier and want the best breakfast in Florida we do an hour and 10 min ride to Reds in Hernando. If you order pancakes you will get pancakes about the size of hubcaps on a 57 Chevy. They keep your coffee cup full and you'll be bringing home leftovers, all for a very cheap price. Busy place, serves breakfast and lunch and closes at 2:00 pm.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.