No Syrian Attack

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2013, 04:09 AM
Sage
Default No Syrian Attack

I am happy to see that the world has convinced the US to slow down. I hope those calling for blood to run in the streets with our young people's lives are not too upset with the call for no US involvement.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
I am happy to see that the world has convinced the US to slow down. I hope those calling for blood to run in the streets with our young people's lives are not too upset with the call for no US involvement.
Common sense prevails.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Many families can sleep better tonight
Old 09-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

some of us believe it was never in the cards, however given the nature of never knowing who is going to do what, I remain guarded.
We are more likely to get involved by accident than we are by intent.

The political aspect of the feigned approval process has accomplished it's mission although not the way intented (thanx to the Russians pupeteering).

btk
Old 09-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
A lot has changed in the USA since 2001. Our desire for red meat has gone. It's nice that we are willing to find other ways to deal with issues instead of always pushing war and keeping our defense industry fed.

But the threat of bombing was important in this case. We had to show we were willing to take that action.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkei View Post
But the threat of bombing was important in this case. We had to show we were willing to take that action.
I believe if the threat of bombing was important, then it is a tactical error to put off the vote for approval until who knows when. I further believe that proceding with the request for approval while pursuing diplomacy would demonstrate resolve and commitment to intent.

We all know that was not the choice because the votes/support was not there to approve.......an embarassing result to that took precedent to avoid.
Obama would have been taken much more seriously in the international community if he would have remained on the course to seek approval.

One just does not wait until one sees the flames before deciding what to do about the fire....let alone wait to go get approval to see if it is OK to fight the fire.

I do not think men with the chemistry of the Assads and the Putins and the Iranians are much impressed with....if I get approval I'm gonna get ya, so you better listen up!!

As Teddy Roosevelt said walk softly but carry a big stick.

We are walking softly and we will decide later to get a big stick....if we are allowed to get one!!! It is not the same by a long shot.....having the big stick is what it is/was all about....Putin and Assad know this very well.

btk
Old 09-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Sage

Russia sells chems to Syria, supervises genocide, US threatens, Russia offers to intervene. I'm definitely missing something.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBike View Post
Yes. The gullible US will take Russia up on its offer and a weak president hellbent on blowing something up gets kudos for a job well done. LOL
Gullible? You wish... Nothing of the sort.

Are you talking about the Nobel Peace Prize winner? That guy is hellbent on blowing something up? "You have to kill to have peace". Isn't that something in 1984?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.