Burial or Cremation?

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2009, 06:54 AM

I requested that my wife cremate my worn out old body and then fill up a bunch of small zip-lock bags with a teaspoon of ashes that could be passed out to all of my friends as a remembrance of me. She promptly dismissed the idea as just one more stupid idea from her husband. However, she did agree with the cremation solution for both of us.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Who knew....

Hate to be a Debbie Downer about the spreading of the ashes. My mom was cremated and we talked about spreading her ashes as well...apparently the remains are not like in the movies...a nice fine ash...apparently there are chunks of bone fragments in there too....eeeoooowww....well that was enough to turn our stomachs and mom's ashes were burried in a nice urn. Just thought you would want to know. However taxidermy what a nice idea hahaha Susie
Old 10-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Above all tell those behind to spend more time

talking about how you lived and not about how you dies!! (a line from the Last Samuri movie).

I am to be cremated. Loaded into 12 gauge shells and shot at a skeet range.

Going out with a bang!!

btk
Old 10-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Sage

When my husband's stepmom died, his stepsister asked us to disperse her ashes at sea (we were moving onto a sailboat) as she wasn't emotionally ready to handle disposing of the ashes. We weren't up to it either, apparently, as we never could find just the proper place and time, always thinking that the next leg of the trip would be a more fitting spot. We're not good at ceremonies, either. So Lillian wandered with us along the Gulf Coast to FL and the Bahamas and up the East Coast to the Anchorage Marina in Baltimore. After a year and a half her daughter was ready to accept the ashes to place on the family place in Missouri, so we sent them to her. I think Lillian loved the boat adventure but was happy to return to her birthplace in the end.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
talking about how you lived and not about how you dies!! (a line from the Last Samuri movie).

I am to be cremated. Loaded into 12 gauge shells and shot at a skeet range.

Going out with a bang!!

btk

We've never met but, now I'm looking for an invite to the skeet range with "you!"
Old 10-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Since you ask........Neither, Thank you.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Eternal Member

Cremation and then a trip to the Bushnell National Cemetery.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Default cremation or burial?

Cremation is for me and my kids have been instructed to disperse my remains from the aft of any cruise ship of their desire. Then party hearty to celebrate my life with them.

It's all planned, but I pray it doesn't happen soon!

Linda

Visited The Villages in Oct., '09
Working on making it permanent.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Gold member

When my dad died almost fifteen years ago, my (then) eighteen year old son and I took a six pack of Dad's favorite (cheap) beer and about half of his ashes, and we celebrated his life at his deer stand deep in the woods. Then we spread the ashes over a place he loved. It was a great experience; one my son and I still treasure. I plan to be cremated, hope my son and grandson do the same thing for me. Your body is like your money - you can't take it with you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.