Burning

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2019, 07:53 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default Burning

Just curious why there is so much burning in Florida. Beautiful day yesterday. So I opened my windows only to be greeted by smoke a short time later. It seems with all the concern over climate change, air pollution, etc. that the powers in charge of our world would want to stop the smoke pollution.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage

That is an acceptable method of land clearing in Florida. The burn you see now wii probably last at least another week.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:05 AM
Default The facts

Sadly far as global warming, you might READ some books about it.
Climate has changed throughout history. I recall a school trip to the Museum of natural history NY around 1957. They used to have on display a huge cross section of an ancient tree on which they marked events in history and pointed out by the width of the rings periods where the rate of growth of the tree were decreased of increased due to climate change.

We, have a habit of saying what OTHERS should do or stop doing AND NOT WHAT WE SHOULD OR CAN DO.

Far as California-has anyone but me wondered about those major forest fires they've had in the past and now the big recent one.

Not only has that major fire released tons of CO2 but it has destroyed millions of trees that through photosynthesis capture CO2 and release oxygen.

THE QUESTION TO BE ASKED IS WHAT CAN I DO.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

THE QUESTION TO BE ASKED IS WHAT CAN I DO,

Eat mor chikin.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Well, that's nice to know, an acceptable way of Land Clearing. Unbelievable but I guess if it was going on before we got here it isn't going to stop because we arrived. It absolutely kills me but I take it quietly and look at it as payback for the years of Smoking Cigarettes when I didn't give a Hoot about who it offended. All the things said about Karma apply here.

The smoke has ruined our plans several times but whatareyougonnado. Mor Chickin I guess!
Old 01-20-2019, 02:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quit smokin???

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 01-20-2019, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post

Quit smokin???
OH YEAH, I quit or else I'd be posting from someplace else, that is a toss-up as to where from!

I think it's coming up on 5 years and is a true miracle. Roughest thing I ever faced was quitting smoking! It can be done. Some days by the end of the day I was opening up the 4th pack. Normally just 3 packs a day. I was to busy to quit! A True Miracle.

The smoke from the burning that is done is a perfect replica of the smoking feeling, I seize up almost immediately. It's fun carrying an oxygen tank and Nebuiler around most of the time. I was told to quit a million times but NOOOOOOO!
Old 01-21-2019, 07:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Been burning since e moved here in 09. That's a way of life period. When the started clearing land S/O 466a you could open your windows if you wanted to. Oh well got to do something with the stuff. A lot of land has been cleared since then and they're not done yet.

Tags
pollution, burning, smoke, climate, concern

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.