BURYING ST. JOSEPH?????

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Default Re: BURYING ST. JOSEPH?????

My house up north was on the market for many months without a nibble. The day that I buried a picture of St Joseph I sold my house.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Platinum member

Okay I must have fouled up somewhere. Buried St. Joey at our house & daughters. I just switched realtors after 120 days. Daughter closes on the sale of her house Nov 16th. Think I'll buy a bottlle of wine and a loaf of bread. Excuse me I'm going fishing and maybe if I'm lucky enough to catch something I can tie the 3 together and work a miracle.

Steve
Old 11-06-2007, 03:42 AM

I left St. Joseph still buried in our front yard of our home in northern Michigan. He did do a good job for us though. Do you think he's upset with us for leaving him?

Where can I buy another one locally?
Old 11-07-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyduff
Well, I'm a firm believer in all things that I don't understand! I too am a Christian and I was thinking that as much as God has to worry about these days all over the world, the last thing I want to do is burden him with the sale of our house.

Anyway, it's been 1.5 weeks since St Joseph went "under" and so far, not a showing. And we have the type of house that our Realtor told us when he listed it the first of April.."This house will go in less than a month"

But I still believe!!

I'm so glad for all of you that have sold your home and are living my husband and my dream of living in TV.

(Did you notice a bit of sarcasm there???? ha ha) No really, I am happy for all of you!!! Like my husband says.."It will happen when it happens" or wait, maybe that was Yogi B.!????
You're so right Darby... All things happen in God's time and not ours. We are trying to sell our house here in TV and return to Michigan to care for 4 ailing parents. We had it listed with The Villages, but recently cancelled and went For Sale By Owner to be able to lower the price $15K. We're anxious for it to sell, as we're needed up north...but I know that God will get us there in HIS time and that it will all work out according to HIS plan.

May God Bless you and your husband and may you know that he's NEVER too busy to hear our prays and our desires. We just have to cleanse our hearts of "our" desires so that we can be receptive to what he's saying to us.

Where do you live?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNreporter
I would love to talk to anyone who has buried St. Joseph (whether it worked or not) for a possible newspaper story in the Daily Sun. You can share your story via email (please include a contact number): Gary.Corsair@thevillagesmedia.com Looking forward to hearing from you.
Sooooo, if you do an article for the Daily Sun on "Burying St. Joseph" will "the powers that be" let you say you got your idea from TOTV????? Seems they don't like our little "Chats" !!!
Old 11-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Sage

Can't let St Joe slip into depths of TOTV

bump
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-17-2007, 12:32 AM

Since burying St Joesph yesterday my son has had two calls but no luck so far on selling. One person wanted to rent and the other wanted the address to drive by. Still 2 calls after no calls for weeks is good. Maybe the next one will be a buyer.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:16 AM
Platinum member

First open house this Sunday Nov 18. Fingers crossed. BTW my daughter sold and closed on her house. Will let ya know if St Joey shines. Am not concentrating on St Joey but more so on Redwitch. Put a word in with St Joeys BIG BOSS to have Redwitch back in shape soon. We can always sell a house.

Steve
Old 11-17-2007, 03:16 AM

I was told to bury a statue of St. Joseph when I wanted to sell my house in Nova Scotia. I buried him right side up at first and a few months later I was told he was supposed to be upside down. I buried another one upside down. Three years later the house finally sold.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:00 AM
Sage

u gotta have it blessed and say the prayers

After the sale dig it up and put it on display in your new house
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Default Re: BURYING ST. JOSEPH

My mother's condo was on the market for nearly a year; I placed my little plastic statue way back under her kitchen cabinet and the condo sold within a month. My neighbor was anxious for a quick sale, she took my statue and placed it on her bookcase: had a contract within a week. Again, mysister-in-law's home is still on the market over a year later despite St. Joseph's intervention.

St. Joseph is the patron saint of home and family (as well as a happy death). As with anything of this nature, you've got to have some degree of faith and not treat it as a joke.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Veteran member

I've got a St Joseph statue--now what?

Mine says it doesn't matter how it is buried (upside down, right-side up, front yard,
back yard, etc)

Any suggestions? Do we bury it now or when the house goes up for sale?
Difficult to sell a house at the shore when there is snow on the ground!!

Help, I'm desperate!!
Village of Hemmingway
Old 11-24-2007, 03:35 PM

Peggy - we just buried one on Thanksgiving too. Mine said it didn't matter where you buried it in the yard or how, but saying the prayer. I put mine out in a pretty area beside Crepe Myrtle and bird bath so I knew I could find it. Florida market is bad - but they do anticipate it will be one of the first to come back. Good luck to you in selling yours. We are thinking about reducing ours again.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:14 PM

It is not the act of burying the statue that is the important aspect. The important aspect of the St. Joseph statue is praying for his intercession for the sale of your home. Not praying TO St. Joseph but asking him to PRAY FOR YOU to sell your home. The act of burying the statue I guess is the fun part, but the act of burying a statue will do absolutely nothing apart from a believing prayer. I was a Realtor for many years up north and it sure can't hurt. I have seen it work.....for what it is worth. I am a Catholic Christian and believe in the intercession of the Saints in heaven.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:58 PM

My house has been on the market since May, after reading all of these posts I googled St. Joseph Statue and lo and behold, you can actually buy a kit. Being brought up in an italian Catholic background, I have decided to take one of my many statues of St. Joseph I have in the house and bury him, or maybe I should buy a new one. My brother keeps tellin me we need a miracle, maybe this is just what we need.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.