BURYING ST. JOSEPH?????

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Default Re: BURYING ST. JOSEPH?????

Well, I'm a firm believer in all things that I don't understand! I too am a Christian and I was thinking that as much as God has to worry about these days all over the world, the last thing I want to do is burden him with the sale of our house.

Anyway, it's been 1.5 weeks since St Joseph went "under" and so far, not a showing. And we have the type of house that our Realtor told us when he listed it the first of April.."This house will go in less than a month"

But I still believe!!

I'm so glad for all of you that have sold your home and are living my husband and my dream of living in TV.

(Did you notice a bit of sarcasm there???? ha ha) No really, I am happy for all of you!!! Like my husband says.."It will happen when it happens" or wait, maybe that was Yogi B.!????
Old 07-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Veteran member

One thing that we did before we put our house on the market was to tear out the kitchen and put in a beautiful, state of the art, and very charming kitchen. You had to see this to believe it. We had a Mass. Bay Colony Reproduction Cape circa 1640....but the kitchen had a fireplace that you could almost walk into. When we tore out the cabinets, I discovered a wooden ceiling that someone had covered with wallboard. Once we tore all that out and had the new cabinets installed, I redid the ceiling and painted it. We then tiled the floor after I ripped out all of the crappy white tile. We put in splashguard tiles; a new chandelier to match the colonial setting; and, painted the walls. The point of all this is we invested about $35K saving a bunch in sweat equity and got back roughly double that in the sale price of the house (per our realtor and appraiser) . I have absolutely NO doubt that St Joseph helped out but that's a long, long story. I hope things go well for you...my wife literally dragged me here and I am a converted Villager!!!!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 07-29-2007, 09:42 PM

Your excuse and kitchen sound awesome! We too have put everything new into our house- Kitchen, spa, theater room with large screen tv, bathrooms, windows, outside waterfall ...... ah jeeze, I can go on and on. Point is, I know it will sell when it sells. I just wish it was soon! Joseph has been "under" 2.5 weeks now....... Hey, I'm just saying.....
Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 PM

Irkenhoe,

I never thanked you for the website you gave me. I have put it in "My Favorites". Thanks again! ;D
Old 08-03-2007, 01:33 PM

Curry,

That sounds well and good but we have a larger mortgage than most because we have only lived here for 9 years. That, plus our realtor's commission and we have only $5,000 to $6,000 wiggle room if we want a house in TV. We were going to use that amount if we were going to negotiate price with the prospective buyer.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:43 PM

Don't laugh! Our house was on the market for seven months. I suggested burying St. Joseph to my husband. We are both very good Catholics. My husband got mad at me, but we did it. Two weeks later five families looked at our house and we had two offers.
We are in the process of moving now. Don't forget to dig up St. Joseph and put him in a special place in your new home.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:36 PM

Carol,

Like they say "out East"... From your lips to God's ears!!! It's been about 3 weeks now. No showings
Old 08-03-2007, 05:45 PM

Darbyduff,
Have you said the Novena to St. Joseph? It is the faith you have in him that helps him sell the house. I have read your posts on the "Animals is Public Places" discussion and we need you in TV. Please St. Joseph help sell Darbyduff's house.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:53 PM

Ok, I know this is weird...I am not christian, but I was told about St. Joseph. After searching, we finally purchased one at a Catholic church. My husband burried it in the front yard with the help of our kitty. (I actually have a picture of it.) Anyway, we said the prayers, (novenas) (that we got online), when we burried him. We sold our house in a little over a month. There was a house down the street that was on the market for over 6 months! We told our friends who lived on the other coast of FL and they did the same thing. The sold their house in 2 weeks through Craig's List! This was all over a year ago, just as the market was slowing down. I have no clue whether or not St. Joseph helped, but we have a spot for him. here in our beautiful home in The Villages!
Old 08-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Ohhhh Linda, (eyes welling)... Thank you for your sentiments. Yes, I have St Joseph's Novena on my favorites list. I have said the first one every day (they have one for every day of the week but I really love the first one. (for the last 3 days) We did have our first showing in a month and a half, yesterday but there must not have been any interest since we have not heard from our realtor. I just finished saying the Novena before coming to this site. With you and everyone else's prayers, it will happen! When it happens I will let everyone know so I can meet all of you truly wonderful people (ok, there are a few exceptions lol) in TV!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 01:56 PM

darbyduff,
You have everyone on your side. You can't lose. Looking so forward to meeting you. :bigthumbsup:

Linda
Old 08-05-2007, 02:14 PM

Linda,

Az2fla also has me in his prayers.... ;D ;D

Some people post their concerns about moving to TV. I haven't even met any of you yet and your rooting me on!!!! For all you out there who are not sure about TV.. How many other community's would this happen!! ???

I am saying a Novena for all of you out there who are trying to dance in the Squares. (Az2fla, and many others) Keep the faith and keep me posted! And a special thanks to you Linda! You can be sure we will meet one day my friend AND I'M BUYING!!!!! :beer2: Ha Ha!
Old 08-05-2007, 04:24 PM

Oshunluva,

I remember your situation. I live vicariously through you my friend. I'm saying, praying and burying!

The only upside to my situation is my house hasn't been cleaner!! :bigthumbsup:

Oshunluva - keep us all posted on your exciting odyssey to the villages!
Old 08-09-2007, 10:20 PM

Well, I am now a true believer!!! Placed St Joseph in the ground a little over 2 weeks ago, been saying the Novena that someone here told me about for a week AND just took a call from our Realtor. The buyers just accepted our counter offer and the house SOLD!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 05:43 AM

There ya go! Congrats!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.