Cable TV - Cutting the Cord

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Just out of curiosity how does the smart TV get its connection to all of these features?

Out of the air or do they use cable/WiFi (ad hoc cable connections)?

Z
WI-Fi
Old 11-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
I use brighthouse. It's around 140 a month , tv, turbo internet, and phone. Just putting it out there.
Hey tommy steam: Thank you for the information. Unfortunately Brighthouse is not in our area yet.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Having grown up with television, as it was the new state of the art technology, I am somewhat addicted to it. Just can't live without watching sporting events. DirecTV does have a good product, for what I pay per month. Unfortunately, that is not an option, I want to explore.

It would be nice if one read books, and was out and about to fill their day. For some people, like me, I could do this, but would feel a part of my life would be missing something.

Like I said, I am a addict of television. I need to upgrade to a DVR type receiver, as I can sometimes can be enslaved, to what's being shown at a particular hour of the day. That's not a good thing.
I am a fellow TV-Addict ---- not so much into basic network programming but for The History Net , Military Net , Discovery etc .
I use Direct TV and the upgraded box which records several hours of programming a day .
Other than live sports and news pretty much everything I enjoy has been prerecorded . Nothing like HD can`t wait to see what`s next in technology .
Old 11-29-2013, 06:09 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainlander View Post
This is an interesting concept... "cutting the cord". I have two friends who are also baby boomers and they went a step further,, the got rid of all TV's. They now say they send more time with their spouses, listen to the news on the radio,, go out to movies, are more active.. in general they have adapted to the situation quite admirably.
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one living without a TV. I got rid of mine when I moved to my new location in The Villages. That was in 2005. For me it's like giving up junk-food; after a while you just get use to living without it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.