Camara phones have changed our lives

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2021, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
We all tend to spin facts to support our view. We due to language say such things as many whites. I am white. My dad was a wounded wwII COMBAT VET. We were poor.
I lived in a city housing project till I was 13. White privilege? Huh. Childhood issues?
I should get reparations because my parents taught me self responsibility. My parents taught me if you want something, if you need something you must work for it. Hum, clearly I should get reparations.

You do not choose the cards you are dealt, you do choose how you play them.

Obviously, I was not on the jury. I'm not sure how I would have voted. It should be clear to all that all were aware if they did not find the police officer guilty it would be yet another excuse for riots.

The drugs that Floyd was on were developed by the Germans in WWII. They suppress the centers of the brain that control what we call morality-this is wrong. They also suppress fear. The normal thought hey, I shouldn't do this. Floyd was no saint even the press tried to paint him as such. Floyd had a long and violent criminal record. Floyd out weighed the cop by over 50 lbs.

Proper verdict? I suppose it was the best verdict possible for we the people.

I do not claim to have answers. Whatever the verdict is there is no way it can or would end well.
Actually, it did end well! Justice was served. A grieving family got the justice that they wanted, but were probably surprised that they got. A large town can go back to living normally. Human rights moved forward slowly and incrementally. Now it is up to Congress to give our whole country the human rights laws that we expect and take for granted. We ALL witnessed History and a pivotal moment in time. Lots of positives!
Old 04-22-2021, 06:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
In 1976 Steve Jobs built his first computer. The wealth gap increased with companies like Apple. It seems everyday Americans are blamed for a wealth gap made by a few ultra wealthy companies. There has also been a massive increase in immigration since 1975. It takes a couple of generations to catch up if you don’t read, write, or speak the language of the country you live in. I know this is getting off the original subject.
That is very true about increased immigration since 1975. And yes, it would have a considerable effect on all things US of A.
Old 04-22-2021, 06:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
So, I can’t record private conversation without consent and not be entered as evidence in courts of law, why taking video without consent allowed in court of law? What difference?
Because it took place in a public road where NO ONE has a reasonable right to expect privacy!
Old 04-22-2021, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

This is strange weather. I feel a lot of Cold no more.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:40 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This is strange weather. I feel a lot of Cold no more.
Ya think?
Old 04-22-2021, 08:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I believe she was pointing out that he had been a serious threat in the past. Are you aware people on drugs can be very difficult to control and on occasions have been able to remove weapons from officers?
Plus one!
Old 04-22-2021, 08:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I for one am tired of the race card. It has been so overused, that I have built an immunity to it. It is effective because if you look for it you will see it even when it is not there. Perhaps, even more important it is impossible to prove I am not a racist so I will not even bother trying.
Add me to that list!

Tags
changed, lives, camara, life, outcome

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.