Can't wear a mask??????

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwbmw View Post
No place on CDC website do I see that new research says that masks are ineffective. Please show your reference. Seems people are quoting and making reference to anything that suits them? Show us where it says that....
Go to reader.com. Plenty of scientific studies on the use of masks.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwbmw View Post
No place on CDC website do I see that new research says that masks are ineffective. Please show your reference. Seems people are quoting and making reference to anything that suits them? Show us where it says that....
Sorry for my last post. Try threader.com, plenty of scientific studies on the effectiveness of masks.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob85 View Post
The new research shows the mask protects the wearer also. I think if they would have said this in the first place not that many people would object. Wearing a mask is like wearing a seat belt. When people don’t want to do something, they find all kinds of reasons not to do it. This became political and it is not. It is a medical issue. Also, the shield has been shown to be effective so wear that! Both are better than nothing. It is common sense!
There is always new research that changes our previous thinking. But few check to see if the research was done
properly and in an unbiased manner by individuals without an agenda. A lot of research is skewed even when done by those with the best of intentions. Funny how people can toss in the word “research” and others will take it as God’s truth. The virus can enter through the eyes so unless your mask is covering them I wouldn’t count on being protected by a mask. Also add to the mix that the effectiveness of masks in general depends on the material it’s made out of.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
Go to reader.com. Plenty of scientific studies on the use of masks.
Sigh 😔. As I mentioned in another reply, “research” or “scientific studies” does not mean a thing unless you know for a fact it’s been carried out properly. Most is skewed. Just wait a few weeks and they’ll report the studies say something different
Old 07-18-2020, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Really happier? Across the whole US of A, CV cases and DEATHS are increasing exponentially, 73,000 cases yesterday. It is expected to go to 100,000 per day next week. That does NOT make me happy! The Villages IS in the US. There is no special bubble here put down by God or your activities fee! The Villages CV stats are similar to the national. We have 2 factors going in opposite directions- one... more older people, which will be affected harder, in general, by CV - and two...we have less younger people that party like invulnerable, supermen and women and spread it more because of their activity and careless attitudes. Florida has the US's highest increase in cases per capita, WE are #1. At the local level - in the Sumter Co. portion of the Villages there are a total of 13 deaths for 770 cases - or 1.7%. ---- that makes me LESS happy.
What do you mean "really happier?" Never mind, it probably means nothing.
Has there been 13 deaths in the Villages portion of Sumter co. Please show me where you got that information so I can correct my notes. I have 8 but someone said there was another in the past week or so. NO, you cannot say deaths for so many cases when everyone has not been tested. You are saying # deaths per positive test results of those tested. If you want accuracy, I believe you would have to say # deaths per population of The Villages portion of Sumter Co. If you only tested 10 and you had 8 deaths than by your warped calculation, there was a 80% death rate.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
Imagine if your surgeon was sort of claustrophobic wearing a mask, so he decided to do the surgery without a mask, and he breathed onto your total hip incision for a couple hours. This is a surgery where sterile procedure is even more important than in most surgeries. You might well end up with an infection that kept the new hip from working.

Of course, I’m not sure I would want my surgeon on Zanax, either (laughing). I once scrubbed with an assisting doctor with a lot of hip pain. Her patients loved her but didn’t realize that she should not be allowed into an operating room. During the surgery, the anesthesiologist had to hike up her surgical gown and give her a shot of morphine in her backside. Wow! I don’t want a doctor high on morphine doing surgery on me! That was the last time I saw her in the OR.
How do you associate surgeons wearing a mask with shoppers wearing a mask? I see a difference myself. Not saying the wearing of a mask is not helpful when shopping, but there really is a big difference.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:54 PM

Bought one on Amazon - great! I was getting dizzy when I had to shop for any length of time.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:56 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
Im 65 and had Covid in May and didnt even know it. 80% of us will have mild or no symtoms. Let that 80% of the population get covid-19 so we get herd immunity and this pandemic dies off. If you're fat or sick stay home while the rest of us get it.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:52 AM
Default With all my respect...

..but I think if somebody wants to protect him/her self, ware a maks. Please don't force others to do the same.
Somebody wrote here "it is legal to carry a weapon, but not to use it" this is true but nobody can stop me to turn the weapon against me and pull the trigger.

It is more or less the same as this virus. If you are afraid, protect your self but let the other people do what they want.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:35 AM
Sage

A young man in Orange Co. has been reported as dying in a motorcycle accident and they reported it as a COVID death. Florida also has testing stations that are NOT reporting negative test results. Kind of makes you wonder about test sites that are reporting 100% positive test results. This probably fits the other thread about causing panic.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:03 PM

Please don’t tell people to cough or sneeze in their hand! Use tissues, your elbow or shirt. Hands spread germs!!
Closed Thread

Tags
wear, mask, win, droplets, laden

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.