Car insurance for people over 80

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebooo View Post
Aren't you glad you asked
Thanks for some of the replies, other's not so much 😀. Neither I nor my brother live in The Villages but I asked here because of the number if older people that do.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Hmmm...eyesight getting poorer, reflexes almost nil, mental state + ability to focus...always on the decline. So no insurance company will give a good rate unless the deductable is very high. And why would they as the chance of an accident increases with age...especially in their 80's.
That's a great reason to have mandatory driving testing after a certain age. Not only would it keep dangerous drivers off the road but a positive benefit could be that older drivers could be rated for insurance companies.

There are many octogenarians that are as you describe but there are many that have good eye site, reflexes mental state and ability to focus. why should they be penalized for the ones that are failing?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
1-800-423-0567. Hartford insurance, we are not in 80's BUT our auto insurance dropped by 50% from Geico. Friends have found this to be true also.
Have a friend that switched to Hartford, premium significantly lower, then he had an accident. As it was passed to me, Hartford would only pay for used parts (unless the repair shop bought the parts from an offshore provider) , he appealed and it finally took a conversation with someone at Corporate which took 2 months to happen. They finally agreed to new parts but no rental, another 2 months to get agreement for the rental. Total down time was 8 months and lot of receipts and out of pocket cash. He felt the car should have been totaled but that wasn't an option. When he finally got his van back he held a driveway party with friends and neighbors to welcome it home.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-21-2021, 06:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

I am not 80 but need a new insurer :-) Thank u!
Old 04-21-2021, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,064 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
1-800-423-0567. Hartford insurance, we are not in 80's BUT our auto insurance dropped by 50% from Geico. Friends have found this to be true also.
We recently switched our auto insurance to the Hartford Insurance also, they are affiliated with AARP and have excellent rates for seniors.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, insurance, year, older, turned

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.