Veteran member
Default Carvana

Anyone buy a used car from Carvana.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:45 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
Anyone buy a used car from Carvana.
we wanted new, but I think the way they sell in the towers with the coin slot would be so awesome to see.

good luck with them......
Old 07-20-2018, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I’m in the market again now and am concerned about snagging a car that has been flooded and is now being flipped. Carvana looks appealing but I am way to suspicious. No more pimp cars. Just reliable transportation in case we have to get out of Dodge like the last two years with the storms. No more car payments. Complete freedom. If someone had a great experience with Carvana then I would take a more serious look.

Never had a primary car that was used. Don’t have my kids down here to do the shopping for me. Tough spot to be in.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,707 Times in 5,240 Posts

In my opinion, with all the new safety features and electronics coming out every year, it really doesn't make sense to buy a used car, unless you can't afford a new one.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

Just bought a new Murano Hated dealing with the sale's people This is for my daughter.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
In my opinion, with all the new safety features and electronics coming out every year, it really doesn't make sense to buy a used car, unless you can't afford a new one.
I used to think that...but then I got smart.

There are already so many features and electronics on newer vehicles, that there are very few major advances... from one year to the next.

Six months ago I bought a 1 model year old vehicle, with 8,200 miles on it, just coming off of a lease...and paid 27% less than the MSRP sticker (that was stashed under the seat). I'm sure that was a mistake by the dealer leaving it in there, because I doubt they want you seeing the MSRP on a used vehicle.

I ended up with an almost brand new car, after letting someone besides myself as usual...take that huge first year depreciation hit.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/d...most-free.html

Quote:
According to Edmunds data, the first year is the most devastating for most new cars. Take an average midsize sedan selling for $27,660 as an example. In the first year, the car loses $7,419 of its value.
And yes, I can certainly "afford"...a brand new model.

As for the topic...this is a new concept to me.

I can just never imagine buying a vehicle, without test driving it...and looking it over with a fine-tooth comb first.

Carvana: Everything you need to know about Orlando's new...

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 07-20-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:49 PM

I bought my current car - a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan, from Carvana. I can't say enough good about the process and the service! It was delivered to my door and they took my tradein away. My car was a rental, one year old, and I paid less than half the sticker price. I love it!

Old 07-21-2018, 04:56 AM
Default Pre owned vs New

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

There are already so many features and electronics on newer vehicles, that there are very few major advances... from one year to the next.

Six months ago I bought a 1 model year old vehicle, with 8,200 miles on it, just coming off of a lease...and paid 27% less than the MSRP sticker (that was stashed under the seat). I'm sure that was a mistake by the dealer leaving it in there, because I doubt they want you seeing the MSRP on a used vehicle.

I ended up with an almost brand new car, after letting someone besides myself as usual...take that huge first year depreciation hit.

I can just never imagine buying a vehicle, without test driving it...and looking it over with a fine-tooth comb first.

With 35+ years selling vehicles in my opinion the educated buyer will always purchase a program vehicle and save close to 30%.and for those who hate dealing with salespeople the internet department is the best route to go.
Old 07-21-2018, 05:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

I was gonna suggest OffLeaseOnly.com

Check out all the features and cars on their website.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-21-2018, 05:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Just traded in our 2012 Enclave with 37,000. Drive very little even working full time. Found a new loaded 2018 Enclave online sent to the dealership I wanted, paperwork was ready when we arrived, 20 minutes done. Interaction 20 minutes from great sales staff on how to navigate the new surroundings.
The 2018 was discounted, we get GM pricing, veterans discount, great money on our trade, and instead of paying cash, 0% interest. So payments are coming out of my car fund account.
We usually get a GM perk car with 4000 or so miles, but this was the better deal.

Last edited by asianthree; 07-21-2018 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
With 35+ years selling vehicles in my opinion the educated buyer will always purchase a program vehicle and save close to 30%.and for those who hate dealing with salespeople the internet department is the best route to go.
I'm now a believer in letting someone else take the huge first year depreciation hit...and purchasing a low mileage, last year's model.

I personally don't even mind the 'haggling,' and in fact enjoy it a bit, especially after doing the research first...and being prepared.

I also know that since I'm the buyer, I can walk out the door at any time and I'm guessing that you'll agree that from a dealer's/seller's perspective, the most important thing is...DON'T let the potential buyer leave the premises.

The only gripe I have, is that like when cassette players no longer came in vehicles (years of music collection becoming instantly useless)...now there are no CD players in a lot of the new ones.

But hey, it's not that big of a deal to burn CD's to thumb drives, so that's not really a deal killer...at least for me.

And the way I see it, of all the places to buy a used vehicle, near The Villages has to be one of the best...due to the prevalence of using golf carts for so many day-to-day activities.

There are a lot of upscale vehicles where TV'ers have leased for a year and that fit the old sellers line of... "only driven to church on Sunday's, by a little old lady/guy."
Old 07-21-2018, 09:07 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I was gonna suggest OffLeaseOnly.com

Check out all the features and cars on their website.
I considered this place........but the reviews were not good. Did you buy from them??
Old 07-21-2018, 10:06 AM
Veteran member

We have had very good luck selling to and buying from Carmax in both VA and FL (the Orlando location). I hate dealing with sales people as well and I've found that at some dealerships if you contact them thru the internet sales department you end up having to talk with a floor sales rep anyway.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,707 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
We have had very good luck selling to and buying from Carmax in both VA and FL (the Orlando location). I hate dealing with sales people as well and I've found that at some dealerships if you contact them thru the internet sales department you end up having to talk with a floor sales rep anyway.
Yes, my experience with internet sales departments is that it is just a ploy to get you into the dealership. The first thing they want is your phone number and ask you when you can come in for a test drive.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I considered this place........but the reviews were not good. Did you buy from them??
No, but I thought I would for my next car. Where did you find the reviews?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

Tags
carvana, car, buy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.