Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Veteran member

Agree with you Dillywho.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Veteran member

All I can say at this point is it's confusing (and any confusion favors the defense). Casey's going to have to do alot of explaining plus produce supportive evidence, or draw upon evidence already produced which may be supportive; since I don't believe that any account she gives will be believed at face value. I think that the death was probably accidental (though probably still criminal in nature, ie, reckless homicide, etc), and then was made to look like an abduction/murder by the (nonexistent, also fabricated) nanny, as a coverup, to try to avoid any possible prosecution. When we hear the testimony about the duct tape and the remains, that might be key to deciding accident versus premeditated. She apparently poorly disposed of the body (certainly I think she incorrectly thought that however she had disposed of it, it would never be found - what a shock this must have been for her!) and hoped it would become an unsolved missing child case. I think she must have kept the remains in her trunk for days trying to figure out what to do.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.

Last edited by Freeda; 06-08-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There is a juror, number four, who did not want to be on the jury (who does??) and says she can't pass judgement on anyone, who seems to be on the side of the defense.

I just want justice for that child.

I think even the grandparents can see their daughter is guilty.
guilty of what? If this is the best case that the prosecution has I think they should all be fired.

In my opinion they have not presented any evidence of a murder.

C
Old 06-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMANN View Post
guilty of what? If this is the best case that the prosecution has I think they should all be fired.
Guilty of what? She now admits that she lied to everyone concerned, including the police about what happened. Guilty of fabricating a story about a kidnapping so that police would use their resources to search for a non existent person. Guilty of either murdering her daughter, or covering up an accidental death. Guilty of driving around for days with the decaying body of her daughter in the trunk while she decided where to dump her.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
"I believe the prosecution's theory is that she used chloroform and duct tape to keep the child quiet so she could go out dancing and partying. I haven't followed the trial too closely, but early on with Cindy Anthony on the stand, the defense pointed out that Cindy received six phone calls at work from Casey on June 16th in a 15 minute period around 4pm.... something that was not normal for Casey to do. I have not heard any more about this, but if this is fact, in my opinion, this could be the timeframe when something happened to the child. This would put the timeframe of the "incident" way before dancing and partying at night."

I cut and pasted this from another thread on this same subject on TOTV (hope that's not illegal) and could explain why her cell phone pinged from the area of the house that afternoon. Maybe it was an accident and when she couldn't reach her mother, she totally panicked and the whole thing spiraled out of control. I, for one, don't think she's anywhere near all right which would explain her bizarre behavior since. If (and that's a big IF) this is what happened, it's kinda like a child that breaks something, hides it to cover up, and carries on as if it didn't happen, then becomes convinced over time that it really didn't happen. She initially said that she had been searching for Caylee herself, which we know now to be one of the many lies, because she didn't want to have to deal with her mother. Lee even testified that his mother had made threats to Casey about being an unfit mother, totally opposite to what Cindy said about her in her testimony.

I'm convinced that she is guilty of criminal behavior. I am not convinced any of that behavior is Murder One.

I really hope this trial will lead to some changes in FL law so that people can no longer be tried and convicted in the media. Evidence should be reserved for trial only. Only then do I think anyone can get anything that even resembles a fair trial.
it looks to me that folks on TOTV have pretty much found her guilty using the media which is all they have for their info! one should remember that things are not always as they appear. i think before making condemnations we should wait and see what the evidence shows. the defense hasnt even been on yet!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:

C
Are we watching the same trial?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

C
No evidence of murder?

Does anyone think that Caylee put the tape over her mouth?
Old 06-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default That darling child robbed of her life.

The testimony today was grueling. I cannot think of a greater hell than to listen to minute details of a corpse that is your baby and to know you killed her. Casey Anthony became sick. I was sick at heart and couldn't watch it for very long.

In searching the web, I came up with this site that discusses sociopathy in children. I wonder if Casey had these behaviors....

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_there_...ng_a_sociopath
Old 06-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Platinum member
Default Thank You, Gracie

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The testimony today was grueling. I cannot think of a greater hell than to listen to minute details of a corpse that is your baby and to know you killed her. Casey Anthony became sick. I was sick at heart and couldn't watch it for very long.

In searching the web, I came up with this site that discusses sociopathy in children. I wonder if Casey had these behaviors....

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_there_...ng_a_sociopath
What an excellent read. That's very enlightening and seems as if it could possibly fit in this instance. It could explain a lot. Maybe some of this will come out when the defense takes their turn.

The whole situation is so sad; the death of a precious child and the total destruction of an entire family. What is sad as well, are all the hateful remarks and screams of guilty before all is said and done. How can others be so cruel based only on all the media hype? I just hope those people never have the opportunity to serve on a jury.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Gold member

And how about this one GG? Lot's of 'Yups' in there.

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
Old 06-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Guilty of what? She now admits that she lied to everyone concerned, including the police about what happened. Guilty of fabricating a story about a kidnapping so that police would use their resources to search for a non existent person. Guilty of either murdering her daughter, or covering up an accidental death. Guilty of driving around for days with the decaying body of her daughter in the trunk while she decided where to dump her.
She lied. Covering up an accidental death? Could be. Murder in the 1st? I said that they have presented nothing to prove this. It is what they charged. Are they wasting our money to advance their carrers? I think we should expect more.

C
Old 06-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
No evidence of murder?

Does anyone think that Caylee put the tape over her mouth?

it may be impossible to prove whether the tape was placed over her mouth pre-or postmortem.

C
Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Veteran member

When they strap her down on the table I would like to know that she is guilty of murder, not that she is on the table because she is despicable and hated.

Is that too much to expect?

C
Old 06-10-2011, 02:15 AM
Sage
Default I don't envy the jurors...

Only served on a jury once about 20 years ago, and it was a civil trial, but it did involve an accidental death. I still wonder occasionally what happened to the family of the man who died.

I can't imagine being a juror in this trial or any trial involving the death of a child. I think of the little girl who was about 5 years old who disappeared in from her home in FL maybe 18 months ago (I don't believe she had the most stable home life according to the news reports). I didn't hear if she was ever found.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:02 AM

Watching this trial has been truly addictive for me. It's going to be interesting to see how Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, moves forward when he starts presenting his case.

I was so baffled by Baez's opening statement claiming Caylee died by drowning and that Casey's father was complicit not only in the cover-up, but that he both verbally and sexually abused Casey.

I can't recall a more addictive case to watch since the OJ case. In this case, however, I hope that justice is served.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.