Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I get all your points but I guess I'll wait until the defense presents before I make up my mind.
smart man
Old 06-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
While Baez discredited Kronk's testimony concerning the discovery of the body, in his opening statement he went on to say that the death of Caylee was an accidental drowning....... The allegations against Kronk may be true so it is troubling why the police and the State proceeded in the manner they had??? So I wonder if Baez is using Kronk as another distraction??

What we do know is that Casey was the last to see Caylee. What we do know is Casey lied about Zannyh the Nanny. We also know she had other fictional characters before and following Caylee demise. We know she was irresponsible, for instance what did not get into the trail is that on two occassions while sleeping over at her boyfriend's house Caylee awaked her in the middle of the night. Casey left with Caylee returned and went back to bed. Casey did not take her daughter home to cindy as she claimed. so where did she take the child?? We can go on and on but anyone following the trials understands that a girl who can still from family and friends act in the manner she had is very selfish. I will wait to hear the defense side of this but so far Baez has juat been blowing smoke
Old 06-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
the trial is only half over. hard to understand how you can make judgement already!
AT THIS POINT this is what I think and how I feel and this is what I type on this discussion thread. I am not on the jury.

I have followed this case since 2008.

That darling, innocent, charming, adorable child did not deserve this.

Have you heard the tape of her singing "You are my sunshine"?

She wasn't even three years old.

If I seem emotional about this, I am.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
AT THIS POINT this is what I think and how I feel and this is what I type on this discussion thread. I am not on the jury.

I have followed this case since 2008.

That darling, innocent, charming, adorable child did not deserve this.

Have you heard the tape of her singing "You are my sunshine"?

She wasn't even three years old.

If I seem emotional about this, I am.
I am emotional about this too Gracie Girl----I am not the Jury--- even though I have been watching this each and every day-- I have a grandaughter who is my "heart"---Our song is and has been "you are my sunshine"---- I cannot imagine the grief and heartbreak that Cindy and George are going through---I don't see that in Casey. My opinion. I am entitled to it as each poster on this thread is entitled to theirs. Not going to argue about it. Just felt the need to "get it out there." Time will tell what the Jury will decide.

Last edited by sandybill2; 06-15-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Gold member

i truely understand where you are coming from. you are always a kind understanding person and i guess thats why im so surprised at your responses when all you really know is what you hear in the media. the only way to judge her is what you hear at trial not the pundits in the media.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
the trial is only half over. hard to understand how you can make judgement already!
Hi Red Tail,
I hear what you're saying, but only jurors are obliged to form a "legal" opinion, that is, whether they think the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

No one else gets to render a legal verdict and is therefore free to think for themselves, and is justified in having an opinion as to whether Casey did or did not kill her child. They are equally justified in changing their opinions if new evidence and/or explanations they deem plausible come to light as the trial continues.

The jury is not privy to any discussions outside the courtroom. Public opinion is what it is, but has no bearing on the legal verdict. The legal verdict might or might not reflect what actually happened.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
i truly understand where you are coming from. you are always a kind understanding person and i guess thats why im so surprised at your responses when all you really know is what you hear in the media. the only way to judge her is what you hear at trial not the pundits in the media.
Thank you for understanding.

The very thought that a beloved daughter could kill a beloved granddaughter is so far beyond anything anyone should ever have to bear.

Cindy and George have their warts, but I believe that they truly adored that child and loved/love their daughter deeply. Casey, so beautiful and so healthy and so articulate, she had such a chance to make something wonderful for herself. It is such a tragedy from every angle.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Baez direct

Plllleeeease forgive me for this little observation....My "ole boy" after they determined that the heart shaped sticker was 45 feet away from the skull, just knew that Baez was going to call "Sammy Squirrel" as the next witness to determine the details of how it got there!...The "ole boy" cracks me up!...Maybe a breathe analyst also....Had to share, sooooo sorry!...giggle
Old 06-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Red Tail,
I hear what you're saying, but only jurors are obliged to form a "legal" opinion, that is, whether they think the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

No one else gets to render a legal verdict and is therefore free to think for themselves, and is justified in having an opinion as to whether Casey did or did not kill her child. They are equally justified in changing their opinions if new evidence and/or explanations they deem plausible come to light as the trial continues.

The jury is not privy to any discussions outside the courtroom. Public opinion is what it is, but has no bearing on the legal verdict. The legal verdict might or might not reflect what actually happened.
didnt mean to ruffle the feathers of the TOTV womens club. we all have opinions and we all have the right to express them. nuff said.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Platinum member
Default On Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
I remember the trial of Cullen Davis in Texas. It was moved from Ft. Worth to Amarillo on a change of venue because he was such a well known oil tycoon in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area and it was determined that as such, he would never get a fair trial in Ft. Worth. ("Racehorse" Haynes was his attorney.) He was found not guilty. One of my friends was on the jury and told us afterwards that they felt that he probably was guilty, but they could not convict on their feelings. They determined that the state had not proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt and they could not render a verdict of guilty because of the state's failure to build a tight case.
This story is going to be on tonight at 8:00 on LMN (119 on Comcast). It's titled "Texas Justice".
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
didnt mean to ruffle the feathers of the TOTV womens club. we all have opinions and we all have the right to express them. nuff said.
Oh Red Tail,
I am sorry if my post came across that way. You have not ruffled my feathers at all and I apologize sincerely if I have ruffled yours. We saw an issue differently and both expressed our opinions. If I expressed mine in a way that seemed abrasive, or seemed as if I were "closing ranks" with anyone, it was not my intention.

If there is such a thing as a TOTV women's club, well then, you and I are equal members.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

She isn't normal. She isn't good. But is she capable of murder? Maybe the state won't be able to prove that...but I can see with my own eyes she isn't sad about her daughter being gone. I just know that she is responsible for getting rid of that beautiful child so she could live "La Dolce Vita". Some things cry to heaven for vengeance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybill2 View Post
I am emotional about this too Gracie Girl----I am not the Jury--- even though I have been watching this each and every day-- I have a grandaughter who is my "heart"---Our song is and has been "you are my sunshine"---- I cannot imagine the grief and heartbreak that Cindy and George are going through---I don't see that in Casey. My opinion. I am entitled to it as each poster on this thread is entitled to theirs. Not going to argue about it. Just felt the need to "get it out there." Time will tell what the Jury will decide.
I agree with GG and Sandybill above. Of course we haven't yet heard the complete case from The Defence. But most of what Casey has said since June of 2008 has been a lie. She admits that she lied to the Police. She admits now that Zanny was a total fabrication. So how could we believe a Defence based on her lies?

I'm also emotional about this case, as most people are. Cindy and George are in constant anguish, their life has turned into a never-ending nightmare. I have watched a lot of the coverage with Casey sitting stone faced in court, except when she is feeling sorry for herself. Cindy mouthed the words "I Love You" to Casey when she left the witness stand, and Casey turned away. I believe that Casey is mentally ill and unable to feel empathy, guilt or compassionate for anyone.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Sage
Default Wow!...Baez took a beating...

Is he REALLY over-worked and under-payed and this information slipped thru the cracks OR was his intention to do a "Gotcha" on the state!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Is he REALLY over-worked and under-payed and this information slipped thru the cracks OR was his intention to do a "Gotcha" on the state!
Baez got spanked again by the judge this morning. His inexperience is showing. At some point, can Casey Anthony claim incompetent representation and get a new lawyer?
Old 06-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Sage
Default Sure felt sorry for Dr. Spitz

Think it's time for him to RETIRE....Yipsters!....Even the jury chuckled at this EXPERT??? (I'm sure he was in his day)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.