Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2011, 06:14 PM

My husband and I now believe that since Cindy has perjured herself about the internet searches and chloroform that George will now take the responsibility for the duct tape! What do ya'll think?
Old 06-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LELANDJANE View Post
My husband and I now believe that since Cindy has perjured herself about the internet searches and chloroform that George will now take the responsibility for the duct tape! What do ya'll think?
I don't know; but I suspect the state will weigh filing a perjury charge against her. I wonder if she has a good lawyer.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Platinum member

Missed a lot of it today and didn't set the VCR 'cuz thought it would all be techie stuff. Shucks.

This does make me wonder if maybe the judge isn't questioning his decision to allow the family to sit in on all the testimony. It's probably a moot point, though, unless they would have had to abide by the sequestration rules which I don't think the witnesses do.

I don't think this is the only "bombshell" in the defense's arsenal by any means.

I did see the last part and I don't really understand the judge's ruling following the proffer at the end of the day. Can anyone 'splain it to me?
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post

I thought to myself, geez, Mrs. Anthony is good. She is really good. No wonder Casey knows how to spin a tale and avoid answering a question truthfully. It was like a train wreck happening. I didn't want to watch; but I couldn't look away.
Yes, Cindy can be very convincing. The level of detail is amazing. It reminds me of when Casey lied about the fact that Zannie the Nanie kidnapped Caylee. Having said that, it takes only one jury member to believe her. And Cindy is obviously a woman in anguish, so the State has to be very careful about how she is treated.

Last edited by Barefoot; 06-23-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I was struck by Casey's inabiity to look directly at her mother. She would look over at her and her eyes would immediately drop down. Looking at other witnesses she would hold her eyes directly on them; not so with Mom. Interesing and sad at the same time.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Lies, and more lies...

I am curious, how Casey can sit there, stone faced while her mom takes the brunt of the computer searches...She is such a mean person!! There is not an ounce of remorse on her part for all she did...

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 06-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Eternal Member

I don't think they will file a pergery charge, for the simple reason, we all know why she did this, including the prosecution..This woman has been through so much, she proved there is no love, like a mothers love!! I am not saying what she did is right, but I personally feel so sorry for this woman, I think the prosecution will take what she has gone through into consideration...Just my opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
I don't know; but I suspect the state will weigh filing a perjury charge against her. I wonder if she has a good lawyer.

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,

Old 06-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Sage

Donna,
It's so nice to see you here! We've missed you so.

Hijack over and out. Sorry Tony.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Eternal Member
Smile

Hey Pturner...Thanks, Nice to be here..Good to see you too..I had to put my 2 cents in this Casey thread..
Tony will forgive us...

Quote:
Donna,
It's so nice to see you here! We've missed you so.

Hijack over and out. Sorry Tony.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Eternal Member

This trial irritates me to no end...Casey's face irritates me...

Thank God, I am not on the jury!! I have no sympathy for that girl..I look at the pics of that precious little angel, and I could just cry..How can she just sit there...

She is the epitome of a MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope she gets LIFE in prison, so she rots the rest of her life..She will have lots of time to admire her tattoo Bella Vita!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 10:58 PM

I wanted to learn more about Jose Baez, so I looked him up on Wikipedia and found it to be very interesting.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary42651 View Post
I wanted to learn more about Jose Baez, so I looked him up on Wikipedia and found it to be very interesting.
I did as well, a very checkered past to say the least. It will be interesting to see if Casey is convicted she will turn around and claim incompetent counsel.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:59 AM
Sage

However, she has no funds to hire another lawyer. I don't even know who's paying Baez.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
However, she has no funds to hire another lawyer. I don't even know who's paying Baez.
The taxpayers of the State of Florida.....
Old 06-24-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Wow, this peaks my curiosity. Was Mrs. Anthony cross examined? Was anything said in court about whether her testimony was consistent with statements she had to police and given in pre-trial deposition(s)?
The TV analysts and lawyers made a good point... they stated that in their opinion, if the prosecutor could prove inconsistent statements from Mrs. Anthony between her pre-trial deposition and her testimony yesterday they could (and perhaps should have) "refreshed" her memory from the deposition. Mrs. Anthony's testimony yesterday indicated she had told both the police and the prosecutor's office about her searching for chlorophyll. This is interesting because if the prosecutor doesn't bring forth Mrs. Anthony's deposition statement to refute her testimony, if I were on the jury, I would have to believe that her testimony is believable.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.