Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Platinum member
Default Update

Just found out this "kid" is 28 years old! Apparently, he didn't learn behavior at an early age.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Just found out this "kid" is 28 years old! Apparently, he didn't learn behavior at an early age.
he is my hero. i think ashton is an ....... !
Old 06-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Your kidding me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
Have u been following this case redtail!?

This feeling you have for Jeff Ashton, sounds personal!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
Wow...I feel just the opposite in regards to Mr. Ashton. I think he is doing a great job and I believe that Justice will be served.

If you really look at the video, I don't think he is giving the finger to Ashton.
It looks like to me like he's mugging for the camera and taping it at home so he can show it to his friends. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Definitely not a "hero" and I find it hard to believe that someone would say that he is. Amazing.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:52 PM

This is my first post about the trial. It's been a difficult thing to watch at times because I am a mother, and I have five grandchildren under the age of 7. I think: this whole family is way more dysfunctional than the rest of us; KC acted alone in ending her daughter's life; her parents & brother are broken souls over the loss of Caylee; the state prosecutors are doing a fine, fine job; Jose Bias has one consistent skill, and that is to call witnesses for the defense who consistently backfire on his client; Jose Bias has an ego larger than North America; Judge Perry is simply fantastic; it's been such an education about our legal system. Signed, Can't Wait to See What Happens Next
Old 06-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
I bet that Matthew kid has NEVER been dressed down like Judge Perry just did. It could be that getting caught in a criminal act will keep him on the straight and narrow. Maybe it will even inspire him to become a judge.....at the very least, he has most likely learned the meaning of respect...albeit the hard way.
I loved the fact that Judge Perry actually followed up his lecture with a stiff penalty. A good "respect" lesson for everyone.

A high-profile case like this one must be so stressful for the Judge, as well as everyone else involved. I like Judge Perry and think he is doing a fine job of staying calm and keeping everyone on track.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Sage
Default Who is paying for Casey's legal defense?

Is this a pro bono case or are the taxpayers of the State of Florida paying the tab? Or are Casey's parents bankrupting themselves to pay for this?
Old 07-01-2011, 03:12 AM
Sage
Default orange county taxpayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Is this a pro bono case or are the taxpayers of the State of Florida paying the tab? Or are Casey's parents bankrupting themselves to pay for this?
Chaney Mason is pro bono, not sure about other attorneys on defense...Baez has already been paid...I'm sure all will be given opportunities to fill their pockets after trial.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Chaney Mason is pro bono, not sure about other attorneys on defense...Baez has already been paid...I'm sure all will be given opportunities to fill their pockets after trial.
I wonder if anyone will ever want to hire Jose Baez?

I wouldn't.

But so far I have hired a lawyer to make our wills.

That is all. I hope it stays that way.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Sage
Default I'm with you Gracie

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I wonder if anyone will ever want to hire Jose Baez?

I wouldn't.

But so far I have hired a lawyer to make our wills.

That is all. I hope it stays that way.
He would be the last attorney I'd hire....What is left for defenses closing????? Probably some more smut!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
Wow...I feel just the opposite in regards to Mr. Ashton. I think he is doing a great job and I believe that Justice will be served.

If you really look at the video, I don't think he is giving the finger to Ashton.
It looks like to me like he's mugging for the camera and taping it at home so he can show it to his friends. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Definitely not a "hero" and I find it hard to believe that someone would say that he is. Amazing.
I told my husband the exact same thing. It looks like he is mugging for the camera and the gesture isn't directed at anyone (maybe one of his friends watching it on television at home or Tivoing it so they can laugh at it later.) Either way, the judge set an example that there will be no tomfoolery in his court. (We are so smart ceejay. tee hee)
Old 07-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I told my husband the exact same thing. It looks like he is mugging for the camera and the gesture isn't directed at anyone (maybe one of his friends watching it on television at home or Tivoing it so they can laugh at it later.) Either way, the judge set an example that there will be no tomfoolery in his court. (We are so smart ceejay. tee hee)
BUT.....(I think that is the BUT in reBUTTAL) This young man when asked by the judge, said he was giving the finger to Mr. Ashton and when asked what that meant to him, he said that it meant the "F" word.

Now his "Butt" will be in jail because as I have told my kids a million times...there is a time and place for everything....and flipping the bird when the cameras are on you at a nationally televised trial is as they say these days... " a poor choice".
Old 07-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Gold member

You guys have piqued my curiosity - who is Matthew? I thought the defendant was Casey Anthony. All of a sudden everyone is talking about Matthew giving someone the finger. Sorry if I'm out of touch. I'm one of those poor souls out there in the real world, working 50 hour weeks dreaming about retirement and living in TV. The only information I have ever seen on this trial is from all these interesting postings on TOTV. So please tell me, who in the heck is Matthew?
Old 07-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Gold member

He was just a spectator who had gained entrance to courtroom for the day and now has had his fifteen minutes of fame by flipping the bird which was caught on the courtroom video. He is now spending the next week in jail and has had a cashectomy performed on his wallet to the tune of $600 by Judge Perry.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Gold member

Wow, that's pretty unusual. I've never heard of a spectator being cited in a trial (except maybe on a TV show). My guess is that it probably a welcome break from all the gloom and doom in such a sad murder trial.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.