Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Sage

Like I said all along, look for an "OJ" verdict. Regardless of what you have been told in school all your life of our perfect trial by jury system, it comes down to who is better, the prosecutor or defense attorney. When either has a witness say something and then the judge instructs the jury to "disregard that remark", it has been heard and can you really disregard it? Closing arguments are very important, and I believe whoever speaks last has an advantage. How about a court appointed attorney compared to the high power attorneys of big business. I'm never surprised by verdicts.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
No...WOW was the jury wrong!
I predict that Casey will get lots of interviews, book deals, whatever. She'll love being the media darling.

Sadly, Casey will eventually hurt someone else. And perhaps, that time, she won't walk free.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I predict that Casey will get lots of interviews, book deals, whatever. She'll love being the media darling.

Sadly, Casey will eventually hurt someone else. And perhaps, that time, she won't walk free.
If she does hurt someone else, I hope there is proof that time.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Like I said all along, look for an "OJ" verdict. Regardless of what you have been told in school all your life of our perfect trial by jury system, it comes down to who is better, the prosecutor or defense attorney. When either has a witness say something and then the judge instructs the jury to "disregard that remark", it has been heard and can you really disregard it? Closing arguments are very important, and I believe whoever speaks last has an advantage. How about a court appointed attorney compared to the high power attorneys of big business. I'm never surprised by verdicts.
I also think part of this is all of the crime TV series and books that so many of us love. We expect the evidence to be as "perfect" as it is on NCIS, or CSI or in a Kay Scarpetta novel. Unfortunately - it isn't...
Old 07-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Casey had better be watching over her back for the rest of her life. There are a lot of angry people out there who feel that justice was NOT served for Caylee. Had she gone to prison she would likely have been protected by being kept out of the general population. That will not be the case as she enters the real world once she is released. The truth is that she may well have lived longer in prison than she may live now. In my mind she will be lucky to make it through the next few months or years without being killed herself. "Bella Vita" may not end up being very long or very beautiful.
I agree. But I figured she would get hers in prison. Now that Bin Laden is gone is there a more dispicable human being walking this earth than Casey????
Old 07-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
I agree. But I figured she would get hers in prison. Now that Bin Laden is gone is there a more dispicable human being walking this earth than Casey????
There may be no prison - she has already served 3 years....
Old 07-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
A part of me feels sorry for Casey after seeing her family in action on the witness stand. The only one who seemed real and genuine was Lee. I saw a video of Cindy recently and I saw something in her eyes that scared me. Her eyes were piercing and "dark". I decided right then and there that there is much about this woman that we do not know. I doubt very much that Casey was born to be a psychopath and a liar. I am not saying that Cindy didn't love Caylee or that she wasn't genuinely concerned when she went missing. I don't think there is any doubt about the feelings she has displayed over her granddaughter. But, that said, I believe that there was something in the dynamics between her and Casey that created this monster. Will we ever know? No. And, if any of them ever DID talk about it in the future who would believe them?? My feeling still is that "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". I think that Cindy Anthony's daughter was groomed and schooled in the fine art of deception and denial. I wonder why Cynthia smiled when the verdict was read? Was it "Oh, good, I got away with my lies on the witness stand"? Or, was it "Wow! I am going to become a rich woman once I sign some book deals and get myself on all of the talk shows". I just can not conceive of a grandmother smiling, knowing that justice was not served for her granddaughter. Well, guess what? The defense's evidence points now to hubby George as the culprit! I'd like to be a fly on the wall of the Anthony's bedroom tonight! Oh wait! These people are experts in deceipt and denial. Will they do what they did when Casey was obviously pregnant......look the other way and pretend it didn't happen? Life will go on.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

I hope she hires a good bodyguard. She is going to need one.

Last edited by VillagesFlorida; 07-06-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
I hope she hires a good bodygaurd. She is going to need one.
I agree. If I were her, I'd get on a bus and travel to Idaho, Alaska, or another remote place and begin a new life or at least until it cools off to the point that most people forget and most people will.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Email Reported As Spam

There is no where in this world that Casey can hide. It is clear the jury was confused by their charge. all they had to do is to render a verdict. According to juror 3 they believed they also administered punishment

One thing that surprised me was Cheny Mason demeanor. he went from a charming southern gentlemen to a shark. to wit his comments following the verdict. At least Baez won with humility.

Bottom line with the jury'sdecision we have another example of the dumbing down of America. Finally Casey Anthony won't be able to let go of her demons and while she will make a fortunate from this event she will be scorned by most of sociey
Old 07-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
There is no where in this world that Casey can hide. It is clear the jury was confused by their charge. all they had to do is to render a verdict. According to juror 3 they believed they also administered punishment

One thing that surprised me was Cheny Mason demeanor. he went from a charming southern gentlemen to a shark. to wit his comments following the verdict. At least Baez won with humility.

Bottom line with the jury'sdecision we have another example of the dumbing down of America. Finally Casey Anthony won't be able to let go of her demons and while she will make a fortunate from this event she will be scorned by most of sociey
Casey isn't so different from O.J. Simpson in that she believes that she is above the law. This arrogance is going to get her into more trouble and the next time she may not get off....that is, if she lives long enough to make another "mistake". Jose Baez may have spared her from death by lethal injection but that might have been a better way to go than what she may suffer at the hands of some kook......I can see another Lee Harvey Oswald or Jack Ruby incident right around the corner. Someone out there is going to seek justice for Caylee. Personally, I don't see any resolution to this travesty of justice until this woman is dead. As for Cheney Mason, his actions since the verdict are nothing short of repulsive and juvenile. I didn't like him during the trial and now I have no respect for him whatsoever. He and Casey belong together. Jose Baez's interviews have been totally opposite and he has conducted himself in a most professional way. As for Casey making a fortune from all of this, I really don't see her living long enough to enjoy it. It sickens me to no end to think that this family is going to try to capitalize on the death of this little girl. "Normal" mothers and grandparents wouldn't think of cashing in, in a situation like this. But, then again, they don't come close to being "normal". As for the jury, I wonder where they left their common sense? I really do not believe that they understood what "reasonable doubt" is. EVERYONE let Caylee down. I thank the prosecution team for at least trying to get justice for her.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Anyone have any new opinions about the Casey Anthony verdict? Just wondering if time has changed your views of her innocence or not?

I could not follow exactly how the body was transported and by whom when Baez was explaining how Caylee had drowned in the pool. He never really explained who had done what with the little girl's body after she had drowned. Maybe, I missed that part of the trial though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Caylee_Anthony

I remember the prosecution's assertions about what had happened but always felt there were a lot of holes in their case.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Anyone have any new opinions about the Casey Anthony verdict? Just wondering if time has changed your views of her innocence or not?

I could not follow exactly how the body was transported and by whom when Baez was explaining how Caylee had drowned in the pool. He never really explained who had done what with the little girl's body after she had drowned. Maybe, I missed that part of the trial though. Death of Caylee Anthony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember the prosecution's assertions about what had happened but always felt there were a lot of holes in their case.
My views have not changed. And I doubt if anyone else's views have changed.

Why dredge up old news. Is it because of the upcoming civil trial that will never happen because of the fear for Casey's safety?

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
My views have not changed. And I doubt if anyone else's views have changed.

Why dredge up old news. Is it because of the upcoming civil trial that will never happen because of the fear for Casey's safety?
I suppose the civil trial is why I dredged this up.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Gold member

The only remaining interest I have in this case is to see whether the local voters have the smarts to vote out their incompetent district attorney. No. 1 he never should have pursued the case at the level charged, and then, after he made that basic error, he did a terrible job of presenting the evidence that he did have. A total waste of the taxpayers' money IMHO. Had he gone for criminally negligent homicide or something similar in the first place, there probably would have been a plea agreement and Ms. Anthony would be behind bars today.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.