Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Yipsters, looks like the state has a case that will be hard to dispute.....Can't wait until Baez "drops a bombshell"??????

Last edited by jebartle; 05-24-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Default Casey Anthony

There won't be any "bombshell". Just a matter of Biaz muddying the waters enough for justice not to be done.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Default Casey Anthony Trial

A very effective opening for the prosecution indeed! What could Baez possibly have that would overcome Casey's mountain of lies? If he does have a radical defense up his sleeve or a phenominal bombshell to drop, the only way to pull it off would be to have Casey take the stand and offer proof - if not the house of cards will come tumbling down. How can she sit there and shake her head "no" during the opening argument without taking the stand? I am having a nice lunch and will be ready for it in less than 1/2 hour ...
Old 05-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Veteran member

A few of us were discussing the Casey Anthony stuff while playing cards.

One of the guys said that Casey had been known to use chloroform to knock her child out so she could go party - and that is why the chloroform "scented" handkerchief in the car trunk is not relevant to the case.

Was there anything about her actually chloroforming the child so she could go out partying?
Old 05-24-2011, 02:53 PM

I don't think the defense attorney must have any self respect!
The things he used to describe the meter man seem to be self descriptive.
The bit about the sexual abuse- I wonder if the father has gone along with that to save Casey.

Just a thought and probably not a correct one
Old 05-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LELANDJANE View Post
I don't think the defense attorney must have any self respect!
The things he used to describe the meter man seem to be self descriptive.
The bit about the sexual abuse- I wonder if the father has gone along with that to save Casey.

Just a thought and probably not a correct one
I agree with you Jane. Her father probably thinks he is saving her life. Casey Anthony must be a true sociopath to allow her family to take the blame for this.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

The defense attorney has self respect. Everyone regardless of their crime is entitled to the best defense possible. And her attorney should do everything possible to provide that. Although I agree she is a despicable person and deserves the worst, she is still entitled to a solid defense. Part of our system which I respect, innocent until proven guilty.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Casey Anthony is a habitual liar. What I have learned about juries is that they will excuse or forgive a lot of bad behavior but never a liar...for obvious reasons. The defense knew what a struggle it would be to explain why a mother would not show immediate concern for a child gone missing. So he made it an accidental drowning and a dysfunctional family that had a practice of hiding secrets. But I am having difficulty believing that because her father was a homicide dective and he would have known that the cover up would make the situation much worse.

I felt the sexual abuse issue would come up but if it were true why didn't this issue come up sooner
Old 05-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Jose inexperience showed!

If (big IF) there was a drowning, an accident, why not give your loved one a proper burial....I know this is only the beginning but Baez has an uphill climb!....What a mess!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:51 PM

Wow, what an opening day! I thought I'd never say this, but I actually felt sorry for George Anthony. It was a brilliant move on the prosecution's part to put him on the stand first to dispute the molestation and that he was there when Caylee supposedly drowned. Baez was left looking inept and unprepared. Day one definitely goes to the prosecution - they were sharp and prepared, giving a complete outline of everything they are going to prove with testimony.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Veteran member

All the defense has to do is to create in one juror reasonable doubt (of premeditation) as to her guilt on murder 1 to save her from the possibility of a death sentence; that juror could force the other jurors to agree to conviction on a lesser, non-death-sentence-eligible, offense as a tradeoff in order to avoid a mistrial. I think that the drowning / sexual abuse scenario, as 'out there' as it may sound (and it sounds very 'out there' to me), may be enough of a twist and total disconnect from the prosecution's theory to possibly do that.

Baez all along said 'stay tuned' for a bombshell that we would not hear about until the trial, and boy did he at least deliver on that.

And who knows - since we have not heard the testimony, it is always possible that the jury could believe it (that is, that the death was an accidental drowning, followed by extremely poor judgment and a poorly conceived coverup that snowballed to tragic consequences), and acquit - at least on murder charges. (And it is also possible that it is the truth - personally I seriously doubt it, but who knows until we hear the whole story?)

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
Wow, what an opening day! I thought I'd never say this, but I actually felt sorry for George Anthony. It was a brilliant move on the prosecution's part to put him on the stand first to dispute the molestation and that he was there when Caylee supposedly drowned. Baez was left looking inept and unprepared. Day one definitely goes to the prosecution - they were sharp and prepared, giving a complete outline of everything they are going to prove with testimony.
Exactly! I agree.

It is so hard for me to believe anything about her is innocent. I personally, thank God, have never met a human who could party when their little one was MISSING...and I hope I never do.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Veteran member

I watched the presentation today and was surprised that the prosecution really did not offer any evidence of premeditation. This is supposed to be the first-degree murder trial seeking the death penalty. There is proof that the girl was dead but really no proof as to how it happened. In my opinion the prosecution spent most of its time trying to make Casey Anthony looked at. I think the woman who presented the opening remarks of the prosecution did a very good job of that. I do think however that she didn't come across very likable. The prosecution presentor that is.

As far as the defenses opening remarks, I think the attorney did a fairly good job of muddying the water. If only 20% of the accusations made by the defense attorney turned out to be true then he has won the case.

Time will tell.

Keep in mind that being a despicable person a negligent mother and they generally hated person is not reason enough to execute someone.

Let us hope that justice is served whatever justice may be in this case.

C
Old 05-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Sage
Default Length of trial

Living in in Illinois, I don't have accesss to the wall-to-wall, extensive coverage of this trial that Floridians are getting. Has anyone heard how long the trial is projected to last?
Old 05-25-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMANN View Post
I watched the presentation today and was surprised that the prosecution really did not offer any evidence of premeditation. This is supposed to be the first-degree murder trial seeking the death penalty.
C
I disagree. All the searches for chloroform, how to make chloroform, household "weapons", etc. discovered on Casey's computer certainly sounds like premeditation to me. Also, placing duct tape over the child's mouth could have been just a really stupid thing to do (resulting in the child perhaps aspirating her own vomit, an accidental death), but duct tape over both mouth and nose would be premeditated murder.

What I don't understand is how any rational person could believe Baez's convoluted yarn. Why would anyone put duct tape over the nose and mouth of a dead (drowned) child?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.