Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
My 2 cents

They were asking a tatoo artist about Casey's demeanor in 2008.

HUH?

How many of you can remember who you golfed with on a particular day in 2008 let alone what their demeanor was?

Think of the dozens or maybe even hundreds of people this 'artist' saw in July 2008 . . . I'll go ask the deli girl at Publix what I ordered back then.... yeah right!
The tatoo artist was likely interviewed early into the investigation, after it was learned she had the tatoo done. It is not typical behavior when your daughter is missing, in my opinion anyways. The tatoo artist would have remembered, because he said on the stand, they were friends. Maybe not every detail, but enough to recollect for the investigator.

Once they have the witness statement, the State Attorney brings them in to question them on what they know of the case and to put it into an official sworn statement. (affidavit) Then later the defense questions them about their statement during a deposition. Before giving their testimony, they are then allowed to read their deposition prior to testimony. That is a reasonable explanation for why he is able to offer the information from the day she received the tatoo. It is not like he was asked these questions 3 years later for the very first time.

PS - I always remember the names of fellow golfers who say right up front, NO gimmies!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Proof

For all of those who assert the state has proved without a reasonable doubt that she is guilty. Please respond with answers to the following and I will agree. Without responses then my points are valid:
1. When did she die..?
2. Where did she die?
3. How did she die?
4. How was she killed?
5. How did she get in the "swamp"?

I am not asking for circumstanial replies but rather factual answers!.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
My 2 cents

They were asking a tattoo artist about Casey's demeanor in 2008.

HUH?

How many of you can remember who you golfed with on a particular day in 2008 let alone what their demeanor was?

Think of the dozens or maybe even hundreds of people this 'artist' saw in July 2008 . . . I'll go ask the deli girl at Publix what I ordered back then.... yeah right!
If either of my daughters or grandchildren or my husband had gone missing in the last two weeks, the last thing on my list of things to do would have been to get a tattoo. And the last subject in my mind would have been in Italian "The Good Life".

To me that is some of the most damning evidence.

That is NOT how normal people act.

And...it was said that Casey ordered a pizza after the tattoo and they all had a little party. I also wonder where the $200 or more for the tattoo came from....plus the money for the pizza.

Some of the things that have not come out in the trial is the fact that she embezzled many thousands of dollars from her grandfathers account by forging her own mothers checks and also doing the same to her close friend when that friend was on vacation. That does not prove murder, but it proves a lack of concience. She was convicted on 12 felony charges due to these issues.

She isn't normal. She isn't good. But is she capable of murder? Maybe the state won't be able to prove that...but I can see with my own eyes she isn't sad about her daughter being gone. I just know that she is responsible for getting rid of that beautiful child so she could live "La Dolce Vita".

Some things cry to heaven for vengeance.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default I agree GG, tattoo purchase damning evidence!

Just for clarification, tattoo cost was $65, plus $35 TIP, and purchase of pizza, also made appt. for another tattoo and promise of bringing Caylee next time (Yea Right!)...

Mason is doing a bit of grand-standing don't you think!!!....Guess this would be only reason for lawyer on pro bono to stay with this case!

And...it was said that Casey ordered a pizza after the tattoo and they all had a little party. I also wonder where the $200 or more for the tattoo came from....plus the money for the pizza.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by jebartle; 06-15-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Just for clarification, tattoo cost was $65, plus $35 TIP, and purchase of pizza, also made appt. for another tattoo and promise of bringing Kaylee next time (Yea Right!)...

Mason is doing a bit of grand-standing don't you think!!!....Guess this would be only reason for lawyer on pro bono to stay with this case!

And...it was said that Casey ordered a pizza after the tattoo and they all had a little party. I also wonder where the $200 or more for the tattoo came from....plus the money for the pizza.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you Jebartle. I must have left the room when they said what the cost of tattoo was. Don't have much direct information on tattoo purchases, but can tell you that they are charging way too much for lemons in Ohio AND Florida.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:00 AM

If the verdict comes back not guilty, where does this girl go from here? Will her parents take her back home? Will anyone of her "friends" trust her in their homes now that they all know how she lies and steals? I think being found not guilty might be a worse punishment. I wouldn't trust her. I think most people would treat her as though she was guilty and got away with it.
On the other hand, if found guilty, she gets room, board and medical on us, not to mention the money we will pay for all her appeals? In the end who gets punished if she is found guilty, her or us?
Old 06-15-2011, 01:03 PM

The way I see it Caylee was put to sleep with chloroform, put in the trunk of the car the rag used to chloroform her was thrown in the trunk, her mouth was duct taped to prevent her from crying out if she woke up Casey then went to Church Street to party, Caylee was then suffocated in the confined area of the trunk with the chloroform rag. Or you could say she had an accidental overdose of chloroform.

The reason this accrued was Casey wanted to deny George and Cindy time with Caylee. Casey did not have money for a baby sitter but had a need to party so the trunk idea evolved, need being the mother of invention.

The good news is in lying her way out of this she has lied her way into the death penalty.

She was not shown to be an abusive mother, a lying party animal yes.

The prosecution did not prove the duct tape was over the nose.

My verdict, Dirt Bag, life without parole.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Sage

I'm not sure, after seeing much of the prosecution evidence, how I would vote if on the jury. Do I THINK she's guilty? Yes. Did the state remove all doubt? Don't think so.

If I were her defense team I might have just said, after the prosecution rested, "Your honor, The Defense Rests, the prosecution team didn't prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt". Even if all of their facts are true I didn't see much that proved that Casey did those deeds.

Did I miss something that positively tied her to the facts of the death? I admit I didn't see it all.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I'm not sure, after seeing much of the prosecution evidence, how I would vote if on the jury. Do I THINK she's guilty? Yes. Did the state remove all doubt? Don't think so.

If I were her defense team I might have just said, after the prosecution rested, "Your honor, The Defense Rests, the prosecution team didn't prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt". Even if all of their facts are true I didn't see much that proved that Casey did those deeds.

Did I miss something that positively tied her to the facts of the death? I admit I didn't see it all.
Well, the medical examininer says that a childs body is not bagged and duct taped and thrown in a field to rot if they are drowned and she ruled the manner of death as homicide. The fact that so many people testified that she didn't even mention her child was missing as she persued the party life is particularly damning. And it is reasonable doubt Russ, not all doubt. If you had watched the trial from beginning to end and seen that she was the person who did searches on home made chloroform 83 times on her computer and neck breaking and internal bleeding...And not only that she lied but she took lying to an art form. You had to see it.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Default Roy Kronk Subpoenaed By Casey Defense

Roy Kronk Subpoenaed By Casey Defense
Quote:
Perry said the defense claimed that Kronk had a "possible history of inappropriate behavior with young girls," a history of "abusing, restraining, and holding women against their will," using duct tape to restrain women and even said there is a chance that he knew the locations of the remains before alerting law enforcement.
http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-ex...87/detail.html
Old 06-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Well, the medical examininer says that a childs body is not bagged and duct taped and thrown in a field to rot if they are drowned and she ruled the manner of death as homicide. The fact that so many people testified that she didn't even mention her child was missing as she persued the party life is particularly damning. And it is reasonable doubt Russ, not all doubt. If you had watched the trial from beginning to end and seen that she was the person who did searches on home made chloroform 83 times on her computer and neck breaking and internal bleeding...And not only that she lied but she took lying to an art form. You had to see it.
the trial is only half over. hard to understand how you can make judgement already!
Old 06-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
Roy Kronk Subpoenaed By Casey Defense

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-ex...87/detail.html
This story was on 20/20 last week. If any of these allegations are remotely true, then it's a big problem for the prosecution. Here's a link to the story on ABC.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/casey-ant...ry?id=13814284
Old 06-15-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
the trial is only half over. hard to understand how you can make judgement already!
I am looking for a list of other suspects the police have. Wait, they have none. Perhaps the body was incorrectly identified and Caylee is still with Grany the Nanny no, no such person exist. Maybe Caylee’s boyfriend killed her, a loan shark, a drug dealer. Go figure.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Gold member

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4375972.story

check this out! just came out in the sentinel.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Sage

I get all your points but I guess I'll wait until the defense presents before I make up my mind.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.