Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Think it's time for him to RETIRE....Yipsters!....Even the jury chuckled at this EXPERT??? (I'm sure he was in his day)

I think you are right. I cringed when he implied that the medical examiner's office /CSI-"staged" evidence. Hate he has gone "out" on that note but doubt that he will be asked to testify again. He said he practiced for 50 Plus years---I tried to find out his age. Does anyone know? Just curious. Think it is time for him to relocate to The Villages and enjoy the rest of his life. (as we are doing)
Old 06-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybill2 View Post
I think you are right. I cringed when he implied that the medical examiner's office /CSI-"staged" evidence. Hate he has gone "out" on that note but doubt that he will be asked to testify again. He said he practiced for 50 Plus years---I tried to find out his age. Does anyone know? Just curious. Think it is time for him to relocate to The Villages and enjoy the rest of his life. (as we are doing)
Personally I don't understand this age discrimination.
Many years of experience is a plus in my mind and I felt that he raised some interesting points. The analyst's I listend to were impressed.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Personally I don't understand this age discrimination.
Many years of experience is a plus in my mind and I felt that he raised some interesting points. The analyst's I listend to were impressed.

I didn't say anything about his age other than I was curious as to how old he was. Didn't relate it to his comments.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:13 PM

He certainly got confused easy and forgot his train of thought a lot. I think I have seen that behavior before - wait, let me think for a minute - oh, hell, I forgot what I was going to say!
I thought his testimony was terrible and unless you believe in the biggest conspiracy theory that involved Roy Kronk, the ME's office, the CSI people and the prosecutor's office, you have to think he's a guy who should have retired a while ago. It was painful to watch him fumble for words and thoughts and I don't think he helped the defense at all.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The doctor had a good run. When he began with this resume I explained to my wife that he was sitting on his laurels and that his testimony was going to be bad. Unfortunately for him that is what occurred. Baez tried twice to ambush the state and got called on the carpet...........But folks this is all fluff and intended to be so, distractions such as illusionist use..This case is simple Casey Anthony discovered that motherhood required sacrifaces, sacrifaces she was unable and unwilling to make. She left her child unattended and /or intentionally killed her. Remember that Baez stated that Caylee drowned which means that Casey told him that she knew the girl was dead. Her daughter was missing for 31 + days before the police were alerted. Casey misled everyone who attempted to recover her daugther. Casey was the last person to see her daugther alive. So forget the distraction focus on those simple and inexplainable facts. We don't know how Caylee died but we do know that her mother was responsible be it an accident or neglect or an intentional act. It could not have been anyother way.

I am not a great advocate of the death penalty but there have been a few cases where I believe the world would be better with certain people.

Casey wanted to have a free life putting heer behind bars for 20-30 years works for me.

What does work for me is to see Casey anthony, Baez, etc making money from a book, or movied deal; especially when the tax payers funded this defense
Old 06-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Can't Belive it

I can't believe the number of people who believe the Doctor today was not effective.
In my opinion he was an outstanding witness for the defense. His qualifications were beyond reproach, he did not allow the State to beat him down and get him off of his position nor impeach his testimony. In short he was a terrific witness for the defense. Some significant points he made were, (a) the State did a "shoddy" job of an autospy, (b) the state moved the hair thereby altering the crime scene and evidence, (c) you cannot determine what was the matter or cause of death, (d) No DNA on Tape,
(e) head was moved, etc.etc. This is coming from a Pathlogist who worked on the Kennedy Assasination, King Assasination, Testified before Congress, worked on OJ Case, worked on Spector case, was one of 2 who founded the Body Farm in Tenn, Administered or taught over 60,000 autopsies, is Professor at 2 Universities, and many more..in fact too many to put down.
It is pretty clear that some have a limited knowledge as to how a witness is to handle himself, avoid being sucked into the confrontation which the State tried to do today, allow time to think the Q and A out, be direct and render
the expert opinions so the jury can understand them. He was terrific. As regards his "slow talk"..It was not because he was lacking in memory, god knows it would be great if we all had his memory at his age. He was clearly thinking through his response's and as they always want you to do he was being "crisp".
I believe that some have already convicted Casey, have not heard all of the evidence and are attacking anyone who testify's to truth and fact. That is not only unfair to the defendent but contray to the American system of justice.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default PennBF I'm wondering...

Where was the DNA on the tape after the body skeletonized....This tape was supposedly (according to Dr. Spitz) applied by medical examiner or CSI....Also in order to apply this tape, they would have had to lift the skull and mandible....Where are these prints? If any prints were to be found it would have been those because this altering was done AFTER the body skeletonized..We all know that the medical examiners team always wore gloves, why can't we assume that whoever placed the body there to begin with, also wore gloves..Last point, the tape had to have been there for an extended period of time because it was also decomposing..(1)Skull cap removal WAS NOT part of a pathology protocol...I agree Casey deserves "Due Process" BUT Dr. Spitz's qualifications (which are extensive) does not change the evidence found! Believe me, this witnesses lack of credability on the stand were NOT lost by the jury!(They were smirking)...I respect your opinion but not your assesment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I can't believe the number of people who believe the Doctor today was not effective.
In my opinion he was an outstanding witness for the defense. His qualifications were beyond reproach, he did not allow the State to beat him down and get him off of his position nor impeach his testimony. In short he was a terrific witness for the defense. Some significant points he made were, (a) the State did a "shoddy" job of an autospy, (b) the state moved the hair thereby altering the crime scene and evidence, (c) you cannot determine what was the matter or cause of death, (d) No DNA on Tape,
(e) head was moved, etc.etc. This is coming from a Pathlogist who worked on the Kennedy Assasination, King Assasination, Testified before Congress, worked on OJ Case, worked on Spector case, was one of 2 who founded the Body Farm in Tenn, Administered or taught over 60,000 autopsies, is Professor at 2 Universities, and many more..in fact too many to put down.
It is pretty clear that some have a limited knowledge as to how a witness is to handle himself, avoid being sucked into the confrontation which the State tried to do today, allow time to think the Q and A out, be direct and render
the expert opinions so the jury can understand them. He was terrific. As regards his "slow talk"..It was not because he was lacking in memory, god knows it would be great if we all had his memory at his age. He was clearly thinking through his response's and as they always want you to do he was being "crisp".
I believe that some have already convicted Casey, have not heard all of the evidence and are attacking anyone who testify's to truth and fact. That is not only unfair to the defendent but contray to the American system of justice.

Last edited by jebartle; 06-19-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
The Villages Florida
Old 06-19-2011, 08:05 AM
Veteran member

I watched the FoxNews Special last night (2 hours long) and found it to be informative. I've not watched the day-in, day-out coverage as it's too tedious and while living here in TV have other things to do. Anyway, the news analyst feels that Casey probably used the choroform to put Caley to sleep in her car-trunk as her boyfriend didn't want her bringing the baby overnight. That Caley may have awakened so she may have put the duct tape over her to keep her quiet. (but that goes againest what medical expert's opinion from yesterday's trial) and when she found her, the baby had died. She panicked and put her in triple garbage bags and tried to bury her in the yard and when that didn't work took her around the corner to the woods and placed the bag there. It was also brought out that when she was younger, a friend and neighbor girl and her used to play in those woods and sometimes buried and had funerals for their small pets (fish, gerbils and the like). Interesting thoughts anyway. That the baby wasn't murdered with intent but a horrible accident. Casey would portrayed in this program to be manipulative, an actress and more.

There's so many thoughts and speculations regarding this whole thing. Especially since Caley's body was so badly decomposed. I wonder if they'll have Casey on the stand at all??!!! It's just a sad, sad case all the way around!

Last edited by JenAjd; 06-19-2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Knowledge

I don't see any humor in the fact that a life is in the balance. It has been my belief that if you would vote for the death penalty you should be able to pull the switch or insert the deadly needle that will kill someone. Taking a life should not be viewed lightly or with any humor.
I understand some who have difficulty with the Dr. and his testimony. Not to get too personal but I have prepared witness's for depositions, trial, have
examined their doc's, and it was a very significant and well known trial
inside and outside the US. In my opinion this Dr. was well prepared, was very knowledgeable and acted extremely well on the witness stand.
It is interesting that every analyst I have seen on TV or read about all agree he was very powerful for the defense. I do wish that although it is obvious that everyone has the right to opinion that it is not lost that a human life is in the balance and therefore it is very serious.
I am not saying she is innocent as I have not heard all the evidence but believe she deserves the benefit of the American system of justice.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Mistriall

I believe there will at a minimum be a mistrial. (1) the obvious problem of not reading her the Miranda rights, (2) The judge ruling that no testimony regarding expert opinions can be testified to if they were not identified in the report submitted by the expert prior to testifying, (3) the prepondence of sustained for the State vs Defense, (e.g. restricts defense from providing
an adquate defense,) (4) allowing the over layed view of the skull with tape and the mother inserted in the background (5) allowing possible witness's, (e.g. mother/father/brother) to sit in on the testimony during the trial even though they were identified as possible witness's by the defense. This is unbelievable!!
There are probablya bunch more and these are just a few that right or wrong would be plenty enough to call a mistrial or reversal by the appeals court.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Sage
Default Dr. Spitz's credibility or lack there of:

He could not determine the manner of Caylee's death???? accidental, homicide, suicide or natural causes....Think Dr. G was a LOT more believable....How could a child end up in a Trash Dump by Accident? Certainly NOT a suicide, and I can't remember the last time someone died from natural causes in two garbage bags and a laundry bag with duck tape near the skull....Really, isn't there a little common sense here?
Old 06-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Platinum member
Default Premeditated..Not

One of the bloggers pointed to one of the most credible arguments for it not being premeditated murder:

If it was premeditated (planned out in advance, the prosecution's theory of a couple of months based on computer searches), then why would she drive around for days, as alleged, with Caylee's body in the trunk? Wouldn't she have planned for her disposal as well?

I feel that she is guilty of something; just don't know what as of yet, other than lying at every opportunity. Is she covering for herself, someone else, or both?

I agree, there is absolutely nothing humorous about any of this. Regardless of whether you like her or not, many lives have been ruined and hers is at stake. Should she lose hers, that will also be a tragedy for those who love her...regardless whether those are few or many.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
He could not determine the manner of Caylee's death???? accidental, homicide, suicide or natural causes....Think Dr. G was a LOT more believable....How could a child end up in a Trash Dump by Accident? Certainly NOT a suicide, and I can't remember the last time someone died from natural causes in two garbage bags and a laundry bag with duck tape near the skull....Really, isn't there a little common sense here?

From Sandybill:
I think you are right. I cringed when he implied that the medical examiner's office /CSI-"staged" evidence. Hate he has gone "out" on that note but doubt that he will be asked to testify again.
I agree with jebartle and Sandybill, that Dr. G was a LOT more believable. The Defense has only started it's case, so it's still early days. But so far, I think the Prosecution witnesses have been very believable, especially Dr. G. I wasn't impressed at all with Dr. Spitz and his "conspiracy" theory that the medical examiners staged evidence!
Old 06-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Sage
Default Hi PennBF

She wasn't arrested, why read her the Miranda, 2.the judge under this circumstance has every right to have a court order, in order to keep all gamesmanship out of the trial is within his jurisdiction and certainly keeps the trial timely...3.How was the defense restricted? 4, I missed the overlay, was the jury privy to this?, 5,...They stipulated other decisions that allowed family to be present during previous testimonies, I'll admit this was strange..I won't be surprised if this will be tied up in court for many many years on appeal....I appreciate your insite as an attorney but still question some of your comments but that is what makes the world go 'round! IMHO

Quote:
I believe there will at a minimum be a mistrial. (1) the obvious problem of not reading her the Miranda rights, (2) The judge ruling that no testimony regarding expert opinions can be testified to if they were not identified in the report submitted by the expert prior to testifying, (3) the prepondence of sustained for the State vs Defense, (e.g. restricts defense from providing
an adquate defense,) (4) allowing the over layed view of the skull with tape and the mother inserted in the background (5) allowing possible witness's, (e.g. mother/father/brother) to sit in on the testimony during the trial even though they were identified as possible witness's by the defense. This is unbelievable!!
There are probablya bunch more and these are just a few that right or wrong would be plenty enough to call a mistrial or reversal by the appeals court.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.