Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Sage
Default Questions

Cindy Anthony and her son Lee gave conflicting testimony today which indicated, for sure, that one of them is lying under oath. Cindy said she hadn't directed the men to search the local area, and Lee contradicted her and said that Cindy had given that direction.

Obviously they had discussed this "strategy" prior to their appearances. They sat together after their testimonies. It appears that Cindy and Lee are both deliberately indicating to the jury that one of them is a liar. Since they are both trying to save Caylee's life, What would be purpose of this?

Does anyone out there really believe George didn't have an affair with "that woman"?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Cindy Anthony and her son Lee gave conflicting testimony today which indicated, for sure, that one of them is lying under oath. Cindy said she hadn't directed the men to search the local area, and Lee contradicted her and said that Cindy had given that direction.

Obviously they had discussed this "strategy" prior to their appearances. They sat together after their testimonies. It appears that Cindy and Lee are both deliberately indicating to the jury that one of them is a liar. Since they are both trying to save Caylee's life, What would be purpose of this?

Does anyone out there really believe George didn't have an affair with "that woman"?
Except Lee tripped it all up when he said this happened before he went back to work in October 2008, yet the two PI's didn't walk into that area on Suburban Drive until November 15 according to both their testimonies and the recordings they have. He negated his own testimony - that, and he has issues. Sounds like he gets his feelings hurt a little too much. And what about that totally inappropriate laugh when asked by the prosecutor if he believed all of his sister's stories at that point. It was like, "are you kidding me? Hell, no!".

It seems to me that George did have a relationship with that woman but I find no relevance in it to the case. If she goes on the stand and says he told her this was an accident that got totally out of control, and he says he didn't say that - well, would you believe a girl who calls herself "Krystal River"?? I will say George's testimony yesterday was too verbal and he should have kept the answers short and sweet without offering explanations. This family gives a whole new meaning to the word "disfunctional"!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:15 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
....would you believe a girl who calls herself "Krystal River"??.....
You mean River Cruz.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Whether or not he had sex with this woman has no bearing on this case. If he did, just think how that added to Cindy's pain, who is lying on the stand to protect her daughter.

Or does Baez think that having sex with her will make him look like a child molester in the eyes of the jury? I think...the term mistress implies a love relationship...or a relationship, which I doubt happened.

Quell mess!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Sage

My thoughts today:
1. Casey wants to testify (that's why she's looking so cheerful today) but she will be talked out of it.
2. Every single person on the stand (with the exception of a couple of expert witnesses) has lied and lied and lied again.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Whether or not he had sex with this woman has no bearing on this case.
You're right, GG. Other than .... if George Anthony had sex with River Cruz and lied about it under oath, it would make the rest of George's testimony suspect. George Anthony's testimony on Wednesday morning has been painful to watch. Whatever the outcome of this trial, there are two broken parents in anguish and a poor innocent child gone forever.

I wish I could stop watching the coverage.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Sage

I personally am not good at lying.

I also am not good at playing poker.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
My thoughts today:
1. Casey wants to testify (that's why she's looking so cheerful today) but she will be talked out of it.
2. Every single person on the stand (with the exception of a couple of expert witnesses) has lied and lied and lied again.

I can't believe I am so hooked on this case. It's fascinating.
I've got it on the TV, XM car radio, iPhone and iPad.
What happened to my music of the 50's, Neil Diamond, etc? They are taking a long long rest....until this trial is over with!

You are 100% correct about all the lies. UNBELIEVABLE....the whole family!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Default Fatal error!

The Defense (Jose Biaze) made a fatal error this morning. He has committed many errors throughout the trial, but this error, bringing in the suicide of George Anthony is huge!

The judge will have to allow the Prosecution to expand on the suicide which will convince the jury, George Anthony had no involvement in the death of His Grand daughter, which is what the defense is trying to prove. Game over!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post

I can't believe I am so hooked on this case. It's fascinating.
I've got it on the TV, XM car radio, iPhone and iPad.
What happened to my music of the 50's, Neil Diamond, etc? They are taking a long long rest....until this trial is over with!

You are 100% correct about all the lies. UNBELIEVABLE....the whole family!!!
Do you, or does anyone know if the trial is being broadcast on any regular radio stations, FM or AM? I do not have access to satellite radio.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Platinum member

Sure makes many of our problems pale in comparison, doesn't it?

What a high price Caylee paid for this family's selfishness! Not just Casey's, but the entire family. Had this child been adopted out when Casey wanted to, this would never have happened. Her parents share in that selfishness ... they wanted the baby that Casey didn't. With open adoptions in this day and age, they could have still enjoyed their granddaughter and their daughter. Casey's first mistake was in letting her mother make the decision. She was an adult in the eyes of the law and didn't need her mother's permission.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Do you, or does anyone know if the trial is being broadcast on any regular radio stations, FM or AM? I do not have access to satellite radio.
VF...Try 104.1 radio out of Orlando. Also Orlando WESH.
I'm up on Buffalo area....so I'm not too sure of the station number.
Orlando Sentinel says they're streaming live. Hope this helps.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Veteran member

Thank you. I will check out these suggestions!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Sure makes many of our problems pale in comparison, doesn't it?

What a high price Caylee paid for this family's selfishness! Not just Casey's, but the entire family. Had this child been adopted out when Casey wanted to, this would never have happened. Her parents share in that selfishness ... they wanted the baby that Casey didn't. With open adoptions in this day and age, they could have still enjoyed their granddaughter and their daughter. Casey's first mistake was in letting her mother make the decision. She was an adult in the eyes of the law and didn't need her mother's permission.
I somehow think that Casey Anthony pretty much always did what Casey Anthony wanted to do.

It was when her mother said she would no longer baby sit Caylee, probably in the hope that the tough love stand would make Casey see her adult responsiblities, it was then that Casey got rid of Caylee.

That is my take anyway.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1954 View Post
The Defense (Jose Biaze) made a fatal error this morning. He has committed many errors throughout the trial, but this error, bringing in the suicide of George Anthony is huge! The judge will have to allow the Prosecution to expand on the suicide which will convince the jury, George Anthony had no involvement in the death of His Grand daughter, which is what the defense is trying to prove. Game over!
I agree that the introduction of the suicide attempt is key. The Defense made the State very happy this morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.