Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Sure makes many of our problems pale in comparison, doesn't it?

What a high price Caylee paid for this family's selfishness! Not just Casey's, but the entire family. Had this child been adopted out when Casey wanted to, this would never have happened. Her parents share in that selfishness ... they wanted the baby that Casey didn't. With open adoptions in this day and age, they could have still enjoyed their granddaughter and their daughter. Casey's first mistake was in letting her mother make the decision. She was an adult in the eyes of the law and didn't need her mother's permission.
Dilly,

I have said this all along. I think of a childless couple and what they and Caylee would have shared.

Gracie,

I haven't watched this very much - just as an adoptee, I have such strong feelings about how adoption has been marginalized today. Pregnant girls and young women seem to only have two choices - when many times the third one, adoption, is the real choice that is best for the child.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:48 PM

I totally agree with Katezbox. As grandparents of 4 beautiful adopted grandchildren, I sometimes shutter to think where these precious little ones would have ended up had they stayed with their birth parents. We are strong advocates for adoption and get on our soapboxes whenever we can!
Old 06-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Veteran member

What's with Casey? She has been reading and writing all afternoon.

Do you think she's preparing for her own testimony?

I love this new emoticon! I think this is what the prosecution feels like, waiting to get her on the stand!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Good Grief Charlie Brown on th grief counsel

......Hey Ceejay, Do they have an icon for "foot in mouth" for the defense!!!!?????
Old 06-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Last night they had prison guards talk about Casey's demeanor these last three years while locked up in a 6x8 cell in protective custory. I was shocked to hear that she is ALWAYS pleasant and smiles a great deal. They did say that she has cried at times but most of the time she is PLEASANT and never angry or unpleasant. How is that possible? The guards appeared to be fond of her. I can't fathom how she could exist under extreme conditions and remain PLEASANT. Consistently PLEASANT. This girl is an enigma and fascinating to watch. She actually looks like she is enjoying herself.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
......Hey Ceejay, Do they have an icon for "foot in mouth" for the defense!!!!?????
So RIGHT!! About the "Professor of Traumatology".

She is so scattered and can't stay on topic. How the hay did she get all those degrees??? Academia at its worst!!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
She actually looks like she is enjoying herself.
Any time Casey is the center of attention, she enjoys herself. The analysts are all saying that she thinks she is smarter than everyone else and she feels that she is in complete control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
So RIGHT!! About the "Professor of Traumatology".

She is so scattered and can't stay on topic. How the hay did she get all those degrees??? Academia at its worst!!!!
They are having a tough time keeping her on topic.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Veteran member

Missed alot of trial today---hate I am so "obsessed" with it. My 16 year old granddaughter is here now and I don't want to "go there" with her. She knows what's going on---I look at her when we are watching it---and I can believe George's reaction to losing "Caylee"--- my reaction to losing my "heart" would be so life consuming---so unbearable----the only time I see any reaction whatsoever from Casey is when they are "talking about what might be possibly related to HER!!!" tHE GRIEF counselor today was so "OUT THERE"---hand gestures, etc., No way would I ever want her to "counsel" me or anyone that I loved. I just want some sort of justice for Caylee---the little one that lost her life---she wasn't ready to "go"---she didn't know that she was in her mother's way---she was just an extra "sunshine" that was gone so fast---so needlessly---and ended up with a "mother" that was so heartless and didn't care about anyone but herself. As I have said before--my opinion--one that is so dear to me because of my beautiful granddaughter---our "song" was and is "you are my sunshine" --- know there are other opinions ==but this one is mine.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Platinum member
Default Hook, Line, & Sinker?

I know I will be in the minority, but I don't buy all of what George was selling today or the first time he testified about whether he molested Casey. I am not saying that Casey is not guilty...I still think of something....just not sure yet of what or if she was the only one involved.

Part of the problem with George is that everytime he was asked about molesting her, his answer was, "I would never do that to my daughter", not, "No, I did not". Even when asked about not admitting it if he had, his answer was the same....not, "No, because I did not molest her"....just always his same pat answer. Why was he allowed to ramble on and on and on everytime he was asked anything and challenge Baez? No one else was allowed to do it. Linda Burdict even told one person testifying that she as the witness was not allowed to ask questions.. and that she, Linda, was the only one that could do that. Even when Baez would tell him that (whatever it happened to be at the time) he was not answering the question he was asked, he was still allowed to go off on his own tangent without ever actually answering and say whatever he wanted to say. Except for once when Baez pointed this out to the judge, he would be overruled. Why? Even one of the legal analysts, Mark NeJame I think it was, said last night that he was "protesting, talking too much" which hurts credibility.

I don't doubt that he is grieving for Caylee. Do I buy into what the defense came out with in their opening statement? No. I would be surprised that if by some remote chance it turned out to be the truth....beyond surprised, actually. Even if it were, I certainly don't think it's her problem.

I do still believe that everyone in that family knows the truth. Will the rest of the world ever know? I seriously doubt it.

Still, so many questions...so few answers.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

My heart aches for Cindy Anthony as I feel that she is totally innocent of any and all of the horrors of this case and Cindy was the only one who took care of Caylee and was always there for that little darlin. I do believe that Cindy's tears and pain are for real.

George's tears are his way of begging for sympathy however, he can't stand himself for his blunders and is seeking pity to beat the accusations of his coverup. Tomorrow should be interesting when the couger River Cruise (or whatever her name is) takes the stand.

The ditzy blonde psycho expert was so full of herself that she sure didn't make any points with the prosecutors. Interesting point that I assume is a lie on her part when she said that she knew nothing of this case upon appearing in court today, saying she was in UK and just returned. Oh really? It is said that this case has spread worldwide and her head must have been in the sand for her to not know anything about this very hi-profile case. Lies, lies, all lies.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 06-29-2011, 11:55 PM

Was the grief expert chewing gum on the stand?
Old 06-30-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqrstar View Post
Was the grief expert chewing gum on the stand?
She is one of those helping Biaze hold the prison cell door open for Casey!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Did Baez really say.....

In his advanced? legal terminology "it is more blay, blay, blay by the prosecution?????? OMG.....I know this case will go before all Law schools as what NOT to do when you are a defense attorney.....So sad!

\
Old 06-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Sage

What an interesting day. I'm not sure that I found River Cruz to be a credible witness, but we've certainly heard before that George has had numerous affairs. We know now for sure that Casey will not be testifying. And possibly the State has evidence showing that Cindy lied about being off work and at home on the day of the chloroform searches. Closing arguments should be fascinating.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Platinum member
Default Oh, Boy

Or "Boy, Howdy" as Gracie would say! I bet that Matthew kid has NEVER been dressed down like Judge Perry just did. It could be that getting caught in a criminal act will keep him on the straight and narrow. Maybe it will even inspire him to become a judge.....at the very least, he has most likely learned the meaning of respect...albeit the hard way.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.