Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

Is this being televised all over the u.s.?
Old 06-07-2011, 09:05 AM

Here is a pretty good definition of a narcissistic pathological liar (ignore the reference to politics).

http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2009/05...lying-and.html

From my observations of the trial, I do feel this is what Casey Anthony suffers from. However, this does not lessen what has happened to her daughter. First degree murder, in my opinion, should not even be a consideration. Aggravated manslaugter does sound plausible.

It's very sad that someone in her family didn't recognize Casey's behaviorial disorder before any possibility of escalation to a child's death occurred.... very sad.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTgolfer View Post
Here is a pretty good definition of a narcissistic pathological liar (ignore the reference to politics).

http://drsanity.blogspot.com/2009/05...lying-and.html

From my observations of the trial, I do feel this is what Casey Anthony suffers from. However, this does not lessen what has happened to her daughter. First degree murder, in my opinion, should not even be a consideration. Aggravated manslaugter does sound plausible.

It's very sad that someone in her family didn't recognize Casey's behaviorial disorder before any possibility of escalation to a child's death occurred.... very sad.
You know I have thought about that too, and I think Casey is quite bright, even if she didn't finish high school, and she is able to read people and manipulate them and has been able to do that for a long time. People who have mental disorders or personality dysfunctions such as these are not easy to spot, even by educators or their family. Think of Ted Bundy. I am sure her family was panicking about her lying and stealing money from close friends and family, but probably did not see that she was capable of killing her daughter. It isn't as if she was seeing things or breaking into peoples houses and I am sure that her stories were that she was borrowing the money or some such evasive foolishness. I found it hard to keep focused when she was giving the detectives the run around. Imagine if it is your child, who you WANT to believe.

I think George and Cindy could not believe that this really BAD person was raised just like her brother with quite different results.

It is really blowing holes in how I can relate this to ANYTHING. She simply does not care about anyone but herself.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsl1998 View Post
No
Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
I am in Missouri and it is being televised here on TRU tv which was formerly Court TV. I presume anyone that gets TRU tv on cable or satellite would get the same feed.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I am in Missouri and it is being televised here on TRU tv which was formerly Court TV. I presume anyone that gets TRU tv on cable or satellite would get the same feed.
We have direct TV and we get it on TRU also, until 3:00, and then it is on HLN. (sister stations)
Old 06-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Well were in the forensic stage of this trial and currently hearing testimony from an Orange county olice officer who is atached to the K-9 unit. He is testifying about a dog trained to uncover cadvers............I am watching this on Eyewitness news (9) for Comcast HD its channel 431. Excellent analysis from an experienced Judge (Bill Schafer) .

Mention was made that testimony will be coming forth that the duct tape over Caylee's mouth was placed there while she was still alive. This observation is based on the position of the mandible. God we really don't want to believe that do we?

The jury is back from lunch...catch you all later
Old 06-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default Quite impressed with cadaver dog BUT

must tell you that our dachshund alerts us to road kill (mostly frogs that are mashed beyond recognition, and his alert sign, he rolls all over stinky smell...Thought I needed to lighten up this thread a little!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Platinum member

I know it's on TRU TV in MA which used to be CourtTV. I'm watching on 434 which is FOX.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
I'm in Canada getting live trial coverage on television as well as via the Internet.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Some folks are upset because this trial has pre-emptied there shows. for me, anything that get The View moved to late night TV is cool.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Some folks are upset because this trial has pre-emptied there shows. for me, anything that get The View moved to late night TV is cool.
Hijack, I apologize.
Rubicon, The View has been moved?
Old 06-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
must tell you that our dachshund alerts us to road kill (mostly frogs that are mashed beyond recognition, and his alert sign, he rolls all over stinky smell...Thought I needed to lighten up this thread a little!
Thanks for the "lightening up"---think we all need it--especially those (me included) that feel the need to watch this as it unfolds---never thought I would be one of "those." We had a black lab mix that would find whatever was "stinky"---roll in it and then come home--his head held high---as though he was a returning warrior from a battle--and we would be happy to see him--- NOT--- Back to reality--my heart breaks for a life unlived---such a beautiful being--- we will never know what happened---only those that can tell us are Casey--and you know how to take what she says and little Caylee---who will never be able to tell us. I just hope she didn't leave this world thinking that the one who should have loved her the most--didn't!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Sage

There is a juror, number four, who did not want to be on the jury (who does??) and says she can't pass judgement on anyone, who seems to be on the side of the defense.

I just want justice for that child.

I think even the grandparents can see their daughter is guilty.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Platinum member
Default Not Yet

"I believe the prosecution's theory is that she used chloroform and duct tape to keep the child quiet so she could go out dancing and partying. I haven't followed the trial too closely, but early on with Cindy Anthony on the stand, the defense pointed out that Cindy received six phone calls at work from Casey on June 16th in a 15 minute period around 4pm.... something that was not normal for Casey to do. I have not heard any more about this, but if this is fact, in my opinion, this could be the timeframe when something happened to the child. This would put the timeframe of the "incident" way before dancing and partying at night."

I cut and pasted this from another thread on this same subject on TOTV (hope that's not illegal) and could explain why her cell phone pinged from the area of the house that afternoon. Maybe it was an accident and when she couldn't reach her mother, she totally panicked and the whole thing spiraled out of control. I, for one, don't think she's anywhere near all right which would explain her bizarre behavior since. If (and that's a big IF) this is what happened, it's kinda like a child that breaks something, hides it to cover up, and carries on as if it didn't happen, then becomes convinced over time that it really didn't happen. She initially said that she had been searching for Caylee herself, which we know now to be one of the many lies, because she didn't want to have to deal with her mother. Lee even testified that his mother had made threats to Casey about being an unfit mother, totally opposite to what Cindy said about her in her testimony.

I'm convinced that she is guilty of criminal behavior. I am not convinced any of that behavior is Murder One.

I really hope this trial will lead to some changes in FL law so that people can no longer be tried and convicted in the media. Evidence should be reserved for trial only. Only then do I think anyone can get anything that even resembles a fair trial.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.