Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 06-10-2011, 10:59 AM
EdV's Avatar
EdV EdV is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Village of Stonecrest
Posts: 1,123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

If you would like some additional background information on the Anthony family, here’s an interesting thread I found that is an exchange of questions and answers from a person who claims to be Cindy Anthony’s estranged brother Rick Plesea. This exchange took place on August 18th 2008 and is actually a condensed version of another much longer thread from another forum.

I believe this person is in fact Cindy’s brother because he talks about Casey coming to his wedding pregnant and denying it, which I don't believe had been made public at the time of his posting.

http://boards.library.trutv.com/show...Brother-Speaks
  #122  
Old 06-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Mudder Mudder is offline
Gold member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,439
Thanks: 0
Thanked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Default Getting to her

I think Casey is finally feeling and showing the stress she's brought on herself. I hope the trial will not have to be stopped due to an anxiety illness on her part. I have to say it doesn't bother me in the least to see her suffering. Baez is a joke that is no longer funny. It's all so sad.
  #123  
Old 06-10-2011, 11:13 AM
red tail red tail is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rio Grande Designer Villas of De Laguna
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 40
Thanked 37 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
I think Casey is finally feeling and showing the stress she's brought on herself. I hope the trial will not have to be stopped due to an anxiety illness on her part. I have to say it doesn't bother me in the least to see her suffering. Baez is a joke that is no longer funny. It's all so sad.
if it doesnt bother a person to see someone in that much pain they could well be as big a monster as she is purported to be
  #124  
Old 06-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Mudder Mudder is offline
Gold member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,439
Thanks: 0
Thanked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Default To Red Tail

Casey's mental pain is brought on by her knowing just what happened to her daughter. What Casey is going thru is mild compared to what her little daughter must have gone thru, Caylee had no chance for a life, Casey still does. To call me a monster seems like misplaced anger.
  #125  
Old 06-10-2011, 03:30 PM
jblum315's Avatar
jblum315 jblum315 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,883
Thanks: 1
Thanked 38 Times in 21 Posts
Default

This trial is looking more and more like a repeat of OJ
  #126  
Old 06-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Barefoot's Avatar
Barefoot Barefoot is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Winters in TV, Summers in Canada.
Posts: 17,681
Thanks: 1,685
Thanked 238 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
No evidence of murder?

Does anyone think that Caylee put the tape over her mouth?
Absolutely. I think that the heart sticker was Casey's way of 'taking care' of Caylee.
__________________
Barefoot At Last
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
  #127  
Old 06-11-2011, 04:39 AM
robertj1954's Avatar
robertj1954 robertj1954 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 197
Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Default OJ comparison?

Please explain how this trial is getting more like the OJ trial? If you are referring to the media attention on the case then I would agree. But that would be the only comparison in my opinion.

The judge is controlling the courtroom, not the attorneys. As a former resident of Pinellas County. I can tell you that the county's residents take jury duty very seriously and in almost all cases of murder, they reach a verdict based on the evidence not emotion, unlike a Los Angeles jury. Friday's testimony by expert witnesses, including Dr. G the Medical Examiner, pretty much scuttled the defense contention that it was an accidental drowning. Combine that with the computer testimony and it is looking like Murder 1 for Casey Anthony and justice for little Caylee Anthony.
__________________
Making every day even better
  #128  
Old 06-11-2011, 05:45 AM
jblum315's Avatar
jblum315 jblum315 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,883
Thanks: 1
Thanked 38 Times in 21 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=robertj1954;361495]Please explain how this trial is getting more like the OJ trial? If you are referring to the media attention on the case then I would agree. But that would be the only comparison in my opinion.

Was referring to the media circus aspect, of course
  #129  
Old 06-11-2011, 06:41 AM
ceejay's Avatar
ceejay ceejay is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Village of Amelia
Posts: 782
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
if it doesnt bother a person to see someone in that much pain they could well be as big a monster as she is purported to be
About 25 years ago, there was an article in the paper about a death row inmate. He was being put to death by lethal injection when something went wrong and he actually had to "suffer" a bit before he died.

This man had tied a young mother to a tree and proceeded to whip her and beat her until she was unrecognizable and, on top of that, raped her repeatedly until she was dead.

Did I feel any compassion or pity for him and what he was going through during his botched injection? Heck no. And anyone who knows me would not consider me a monster.

And that's exactly how I feel about Casey Anthony.
__________________
Buffalo...Staten Island...New Jersey...The Village of Amelia!
  #130  
Old 06-11-2011, 07:04 AM
jackz's Avatar
jackz jackz is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Village of Sanibel
Posts: 556
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Absolutely. I think that the heart sticker was Casey's way of 'taking care' of Caylee.
Barefoot, I agree with you that CASEY put the tape on Caylee's mouth but my question was: Does anyone think that CAYLEE put the tape on her mouth in response to the previous poster saying that the prosecution was not proving murder in the case. My bottom line, the tape was placed on Caylee's mouth as part of the murder.
  #131  
Old 06-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Barefoot's Avatar
Barefoot Barefoot is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Winters in TV, Summers in Canada.
Posts: 17,681
Thanks: 1,685
Thanked 238 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
Barefoot, I agree with you that CASEY put the tape on Caylee's mouth but my question was: Does anyone think that CAYLEE put the tape on her mouth in response to the previous poster saying that the prosecution was not proving murder in the case. My bottom line, the tape was placed on Caylee's mouth as part of the murder.
I also think that the tape was placed on Caylee's mouth and that it contributed to her death. However Casey is obviously going to blame her father for the tape. Happy Fathers Day George.
__________________
Barefoot At Last
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
  #132  
Old 06-11-2011, 10:57 AM
dillywho dillywho is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Summerhill
Posts: 1,765
Thanks: 133
Thanked 75 Times in 26 Posts
Default Trials

I guess the thing that bothers me the most about this case is the number of people that are declaring her guilty before the prosecution has finished presenting their case, much less before the defense even has the opportunity to present theirs. So much for everyone being entitled to a fair and impartial trial. There is nothing fair or impartial about that. I only hope and pray the jury isn't doing the same thing.

This is why there are two parts to a trial. Maybe she did deliberately kill her child, maybe it was an accident and she panicked, maybe she covered/is covering for someone else. That is the whole purpose of a trial...finding out as much as humanly possible about guilt or innocence.

Just like everone else, I have opinions. I also have many, many questions and am willing to wait for, hopefully, the answers to those questions.

I remember the trial of Cullen Davis in Texas. It was moved from Ft. Worth to Amarillo on a change of venue because he was such a well known oil tycoon in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area and it was determined that as such, he would never get a fair trial in Ft. Worth. ("Racehorse" Haynes was his attorney.) He was found not guilty. (Not guilty is different than an acquittal.) One of my friends was on the jury and told us afterwards that they felt that he probably was guilty, but they could not convict on their feelings. They determined that the state had not proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt and they could not render a verdict of guilty because of the state's failure to build a tight case.

On another note, I find it totally digusting that people would fight and act like the very animals they want to accuse Casey of being, just to get into the gallery. Why don't they simply print numbered tickets, pass them out to those waiting, and then pick so many numbers with only those being granted admission (lottery, if you will)?
__________________
Lubbock, TX
Bamberg, Germany
Lawton, OK
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
  #133  
Old 06-11-2011, 11:03 AM
dillywho dillywho is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Summerhill
Posts: 1,765
Thanks: 133
Thanked 75 Times in 26 Posts
Default Not Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1954 View Post
Please explain how this trial is getting more like the OJ trial? If you are referring to the media attention on the case then I would agree. But that would be the only comparison in my opinion.

The judge is controlling the courtroom, not the attorneys. As a former resident of Pinellas County. I can tell you that the county's residents take jury duty very seriously and in almost all cases of murder, they reach a verdict based on the evidence not emotion, unlike a Los Angeles jury. Friday's testimony by expert witnesses, including Dr. G the Medical Examiner, pretty much scuttled the defense contention that it was an accidental drowning. Combine that with the computer testimony and it is looking like Murder 1 for Casey Anthony and justice for little Caylee Anthony.
I disagree with Dr. G. on her statement that there would be no reason to place duct tape on a dead body. If the child was already dead (by whatever means, we don't know yet how or when for sure), then Casey could have placed it there in an effort to support her kidnapping story if/when Caylee's body was found. Remember, that was her story to begin with when she finally had to admit that Caylee was "missing".

One of the legal analysts, actually a judge himself, said that he was disappointed to say the least at Dr. G.'s testimony because of her obvious bias. He felt that she was somewhat less than professional as an expert witness because of it. He said that he had never seen her do that and that he had seen her testify on numerous cases.
__________________
Lubbock, TX
Bamberg, Germany
Lawton, OK
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
  #134  
Old 06-11-2011, 12:09 PM
collie1228 collie1228 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,298
Thanks: 0
Thanked 231 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Not guilty is different than an acquittal? I'm unfamiliar with Florida law, but the legal dictionary I referenced said, "An acquittal is a verdict of not guilty from the jury or judge that decided the case." I agree that a hung jury is quite different from an acquittal, but can you explain your comment dillywho?
  #135  
Old 06-11-2011, 12:28 PM
PennBF PennBF is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,005
Thanks: 0
Thanked 570 Times in 163 Posts
Exclamation In Flaming the Jury

The problem I have with this trial is that 95% of the testimony so far is to inflame the jury. Not one single piece of evidence that proves she had murdered the baby, not one single piece of evidence to prove the exact time/date and not one single piece of evidence as to where she died.!!
It is not important how we may feel regarding her guilt or innocence. It is whethe there is proof beyond a resonable doubt. All of the State Attorney's should be fired for spending this much of the public money without proof.
As a very simple point: This morning they showed the bedroom of Casey as it was 7 months before the alleged crime. Can someone tell me how this supports anything regarding the 3 points above.
Not one scientific expert has testified what caused her death. A lot of speculation but no proof. The worst of this bunch was the Medical Examiner
yesterday..She got away with screeming her opinion BUT no facts. She was pretty simbolic of the terrible approach by the States Attorney's..It also appears like the defense attorney is being beat up by the
court as most of his objections are sustained while the offense is allowed to
proceed. Where the heck is the American principle that you are not guilt unless proven otherwise and the guage is the "law"..
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.