Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Gold member

If you would like some additional background information on the Anthony family, here’s an interesting thread I found that is an exchange of questions and answers from a person who claims to be Cindy Anthony’s estranged brother Rick Plesea. This exchange took place on August 18th 2008 and is actually a condensed version of another much longer thread from another forum.

I believe this person is in fact Cindy’s brother because he talks about Casey coming to his wedding pregnant and denying it, which I don't believe had been made public at the time of his posting.

http://boards.library.trutv.com/show...Brother-Speaks
Old 06-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Gold member
Default Getting to her

I think Casey is finally feeling and showing the stress she's brought on herself. I hope the trial will not have to be stopped due to an anxiety illness on her part. I have to say it doesn't bother me in the least to see her suffering. Baez is a joke that is no longer funny. It's all so sad.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
I think Casey is finally feeling and showing the stress she's brought on herself. I hope the trial will not have to be stopped due to an anxiety illness on her part. I have to say it doesn't bother me in the least to see her suffering. Baez is a joke that is no longer funny. It's all so sad.
if it doesnt bother a person to see someone in that much pain they could well be as big a monster as she is purported to be
Old 06-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Gold member
Default To Red Tail

Casey's mental pain is brought on by her knowing just what happened to her daughter. What Casey is going thru is mild compared to what her little daughter must have gone thru, Caylee had no chance for a life, Casey still does. To call me a monster seems like misplaced anger.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Sage

This trial is looking more and more like a repeat of OJ
Old 06-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
No evidence of murder?

Does anyone think that Caylee put the tape over her mouth?
Absolutely. I think that the heart sticker was Casey's way of 'taking care' of Caylee.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:39 AM
Default OJ comparison?

Please explain how this trial is getting more like the OJ trial? If you are referring to the media attention on the case then I would agree. But that would be the only comparison in my opinion.

The judge is controlling the courtroom, not the attorneys. As a former resident of Pinellas County. I can tell you that the county's residents take jury duty very seriously and in almost all cases of murder, they reach a verdict based on the evidence not emotion, unlike a Los Angeles jury. Friday's testimony by expert witnesses, including Dr. G the Medical Examiner, pretty much scuttled the defense contention that it was an accidental drowning. Combine that with the computer testimony and it is looking like Murder 1 for Casey Anthony and justice for little Caylee Anthony.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:45 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=robertj1954;361495]Please explain how this trial is getting more like the OJ trial? If you are referring to the media attention on the case then I would agree. But that would be the only comparison in my opinion.

Was referring to the media circus aspect, of course
Old 06-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
if it doesnt bother a person to see someone in that much pain they could well be as big a monster as she is purported to be
About 25 years ago, there was an article in the paper about a death row inmate. He was being put to death by lethal injection when something went wrong and he actually had to "suffer" a bit before he died.

This man had tied a young mother to a tree and proceeded to whip her and beat her until she was unrecognizable and, on top of that, raped her repeatedly until she was dead.

Did I feel any compassion or pity for him and what he was going through during his botched injection? Heck no. And anyone who knows me would not consider me a monster.

And that's exactly how I feel about Casey Anthony.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Absolutely. I think that the heart sticker was Casey's way of 'taking care' of Caylee.
Barefoot, I agree with you that CASEY put the tape on Caylee's mouth but my question was: Does anyone think that CAYLEE put the tape on her mouth in response to the previous poster saying that the prosecution was not proving murder in the case. My bottom line, the tape was placed on Caylee's mouth as part of the murder.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackz View Post
Barefoot, I agree with you that CASEY put the tape on Caylee's mouth but my question was: Does anyone think that CAYLEE put the tape on her mouth in response to the previous poster saying that the prosecution was not proving murder in the case. My bottom line, the tape was placed on Caylee's mouth as part of the murder.
I also think that the tape was placed on Caylee's mouth and that it contributed to her death. However Casey is obviously going to blame her father for the tape. Happy Fathers Day George.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Platinum member
Default Trials

I guess the thing that bothers me the most about this case is the number of people that are declaring her guilty before the prosecution has finished presenting their case, much less before the defense even has the opportunity to present theirs. So much for everyone being entitled to a fair and impartial trial. There is nothing fair or impartial about that. I only hope and pray the jury isn't doing the same thing.

This is why there are two parts to a trial. Maybe she did deliberately kill her child, maybe it was an accident and she panicked, maybe she covered/is covering for someone else. That is the whole purpose of a trial...finding out as much as humanly possible about guilt or innocence.

Just like everone else, I have opinions. I also have many, many questions and am willing to wait for, hopefully, the answers to those questions.

I remember the trial of Cullen Davis in Texas. It was moved from Ft. Worth to Amarillo on a change of venue because he was such a well known oil tycoon in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area and it was determined that as such, he would never get a fair trial in Ft. Worth. ("Racehorse" Haynes was his attorney.) He was found not guilty. (Not guilty is different than an acquittal.) One of my friends was on the jury and told us afterwards that they felt that he probably was guilty, but they could not convict on their feelings. They determined that the state had not proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt and they could not render a verdict of guilty because of the state's failure to build a tight case.

On another note, I find it totally digusting that people would fight and act like the very animals they want to accuse Casey of being, just to get into the gallery. Why don't they simply print numbered tickets, pass them out to those waiting, and then pick so many numbers with only those being granted admission (lottery, if you will)?
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Platinum member
Default Not Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1954 View Post
Please explain how this trial is getting more like the OJ trial? If you are referring to the media attention on the case then I would agree. But that would be the only comparison in my opinion.

The judge is controlling the courtroom, not the attorneys. As a former resident of Pinellas County. I can tell you that the county's residents take jury duty very seriously and in almost all cases of murder, they reach a verdict based on the evidence not emotion, unlike a Los Angeles jury. Friday's testimony by expert witnesses, including Dr. G the Medical Examiner, pretty much scuttled the defense contention that it was an accidental drowning. Combine that with the computer testimony and it is looking like Murder 1 for Casey Anthony and justice for little Caylee Anthony.
I disagree with Dr. G. on her statement that there would be no reason to place duct tape on a dead body. If the child was already dead (by whatever means, we don't know yet how or when for sure), then Casey could have placed it there in an effort to support her kidnapping story if/when Caylee's body was found. Remember, that was her story to begin with when she finally had to admit that Caylee was "missing".

One of the legal analysts, actually a judge himself, said that he was disappointed to say the least at Dr. G.'s testimony because of her obvious bias. He felt that she was somewhat less than professional as an expert witness because of it. He said that he had never seen her do that and that he had seen her testify on numerous cases.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 06-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Gold member

Not guilty is different than an acquittal? I'm unfamiliar with Florida law, but the legal dictionary I referenced said, "An acquittal is a verdict of not guilty from the jury or judge that decided the case." I agree that a hung jury is quite different from an acquittal, but can you explain your comment dillywho?
Old 06-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation In Flaming the Jury

The problem I have with this trial is that 95% of the testimony so far is to inflame the jury. Not one single piece of evidence that proves she had murdered the baby, not one single piece of evidence to prove the exact time/date and not one single piece of evidence as to where she died.!!
It is not important how we may feel regarding her guilt or innocence. It is whethe there is proof beyond a resonable doubt. All of the State Attorney's should be fired for spending this much of the public money without proof.
As a very simple point: This morning they showed the bedroom of Casey as it was 7 months before the alleged crime. Can someone tell me how this supports anything regarding the 3 points above.
Not one scientific expert has testified what caused her death. A lot of speculation but no proof. The worst of this bunch was the Medical Examiner
yesterday..She got away with screeming her opinion BUT no facts. She was pretty simbolic of the terrible approach by the States Attorney's..It also appears like the defense attorney is being beat up by the
court as most of his objections are sustained while the offense is allowed to
proceed. Where the heck is the American principle that you are not guilt unless proven otherwise and the guage is the "law"..
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.