Casper vs Tempurpedic mattress

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2018, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts
Default Casper vs Tempurpedic mattress

I want to buy a new memory foam mattress. "The Casper" king mattress is only $1200, and has better ratings than Tempurpedic mattresses. Is it really better than Tempurpedic that costs 2-3 times as much as the Casper? I had a Tempurpedic years ago and I loved it. But, if the Casper is better and cheaper, I'll buy it.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 08-16-2018 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:07 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

After doing some research, we went with the Leesa mattress. I like it.....but I would have also liked to try the Purple mattress and perhaps the Sleep Number ones...my son's like theirs.

The nice thing is that you have a money back guarantee....

Frank
Old 08-16-2018, 01:21 PM
Sage

Sleep # works, much cooler to sleep in Fl and better for your back--easy to make the bed ,too
Old 08-16-2018, 08:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Sleep # works, much cooler to sleep in Fl and better for your back--easy to make the bed ,too
We had a Sleep# until about 7 or 8 years ago when we got a Tempurpedic. We prefer the very much prefer the Tempurdic... don't find it too hot.

But it's a personal choice, you won't know what you really like until you try it.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:50 PM

Ordered the king all organic latex Spindle, thats shipped in a box that expanse...Way too hard, had to buy the king Tempurpedic topper, from Bed and Beyond..
Ordered the original Purple queen (not the new gen.) way too soft and spongy...

Hard to find out if you like them or not without trying first...Roll of the dice...They say will refund if not happy, just donate mattress to charity, PITA...
Better to just buy the Tempurpedic toppers and be done with it....Use the mattresses as a base, for the tempurpedic toppers..Cheaper than buying a straight up Tempupedic mattress, which is $4K plus... IMHO!
Old 08-17-2018, 06:32 AM
Sage

The mail-order memory foam mattresses are all pretty similar. They each try to differentiate themselves from one another with different numbers of layers of different thicknesses but I don't believe there is really that much difference. We bought an Amerisleep memory foam mattress. Their various firmnesses seem to match up well with the Tempurpedic mattresses. We tried out some Tempurpedic mattresses in a couple of stores until we found what we liked and then ordered the equivalent firmness Amerisleep mattress. Much lower cost. It comes with a free exchange or refund. We mated it with an adjustable frame - very comfortable. Much, much better than the Sleep Number bed we replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I want to buy a new memory foam mattress. "The Casper" king mattress is only $1200, and has better ratings than Tempurpedic mattresses. Is it really better than Tempurpedic that costs 2-3 times as much as the Casper? I had a Tempurpedic years ago and I loved it. But, if the Casper is better and cheaper, I'll buy it.
Closed Thread

Tags
mattress, casper, tempurpedic, mattresses, ratings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.